Nirmala College in Muvattupuzha, ranked 17th by the NIRF in the 2017 rankings, is an affiliation of MGU Kottayam offering various courses in the streams of Arts, Science, Commerce, and Tourism. Courses offered under these streams are BA, B.Com, B.Sc, BCA, M.Sc, MCA, MHRM, MTA, etc. The college also provides Doctoral and Certification courses to students. Admissions at Nirmala College are entrance-based. Interested applicants are required to apply online on the official website along with an application fee of INR 600 for the UG admissions and INR 1000 for the PG admissions. Candidates interested in Ph.D. programs are required to follow the guidelines as provided by the MGU Kottayam.
NIRMALA College Highlights
|Established | Type||1953 | Public|
|Affiliation||Mahatma Gandhi University|
|Approvals||AICTE and NAAC|
|Courses||BSc, BA, B.Com, BCA, MSc, MA, MCA, M.Com, MHRDM, and MTA|
|Admission Criteria||CAP and PGCAP, Conducted by Mahatma Gandhi University|
|Application process | Fees||Online | INR 600 (UG) and INR 1000 (PG)|
|Address||Nirmala college JN, Kizhakkekara, Muvattupuzha, Kerala 686661|
Nirmala College Courses
This college offers 25 courses in 4 streams and 7 specializations. The courses provided are as follows:
- BA in Economics, English, Malayalam, and Hindi.
- B.Sc in Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry, Botany, and Zoology.
- B.Com in Computer Application, Taxation, Office Management & Secretarial practice.
- BCA- Read More
- BTTM- Read More
- B.Voc. in Logistics and Management- Read More
- M.Sc in Chemistry, Mathematics, Statistics, and Zoology
- MA in Economics, Malayalam, Hindi, English,
- M.Com in Finance- Read More
- MCA and MCA Lateral Entry
- MHRM- Read More
- MTTM- Read More
Read More: Nirmala College Courses & Fee
Nirmala College Admissions
Admissions at Nirmala College Muvattupuzha are entrance based. Applicants need to apply online on the official website along with all the necessary documents and the application fee. The application fee for UG programs is INR 600 and for the PG programs INR 1000.
- Entrance exam for UG program admission is UG-CAP conducted by MGU Kottayam.
- Entrance exam for PG program admission is PG-CAP.
- Admission to MCA Lateral Entry and MHRM is merit-based.
- PH.D. admissions are based on Written Aptitude Tests.
How to apply?
Applicants must register themselves for the CAP exam on the official website by paying the required fee online only. Applicants may apply for more than one course at a time.
To apply for Ph.D. admissions, applicants are required to follow the MGU guidelines for the same.
Read More: Nirmala College Admission
Nirmala College Scholarships
Students at Nirmala College can avail various scholarships. Examples of the same include:
Single Girl Child Scholarship For PG Students: Scholarship given by UGC to one and only young girl child seeking after PG Courses.
Higher Education Scholarship: offered to first year understudies seeking after Aided course BA/ BSc/ BCom program in Affiliated school of colleges in Kerala and Applied Science universities under IHRD.
C H Muhammedkoya Scholarship(MGS): C H Muhammedkoya Scholarship(MGS) is a state level grant . Understudy ought to be a GIRL understudy reading for the principal year of Graduation or Higher courses in Govt./Aided Institution and ought to have a place with MUSLIM , Latin, Converted Christian people group and should be a local of Kerala.Family Annual salary ought not surpass 4.50 Lakhs.
Suvarna Jubilee Merit Scholarship (SJMS): The Suvarna Jubilee Merit Scholarship for UG / PG examines is begun by Kerala government (Department of Collegiate Education) for understudies of Kerala the individuals who have a place with monetarily poor family for example BPL (Below Poverty Line) to seek after advanced education like graduation and post graduation.
Sanskrit Scholarship (SSE): The scholarship is given to the individuals who study Sanskrit as one of the subjects in the current course.
Hindi Scholarship (HS): This is a Scholarship being given by the Government of Kerala under a plan of the Central Government to advance Hindi in non-Hindi talking regions of the nation. Candidates ought to be seeking after BA/BSc BCom in the wake of finishing Plus Two with at least 60% stamps or ought to experience a Post Graduate program in Hindi.
State Merit Scholarship (SMS): Kerala State Merit Scholarship is granted to exemplary understudies for the primary year of the UnderGraduate and Postgraduate Programs in Government/ Aided Arts and Science Colleges and University Departments. The grant is subsidized by Higher Education Department, ie. Directorate of Collegiate Education (DCE) of the Government of Kerala.
Central Sector Scholarship (CSS): The "Center Sector Scheme of Scholarship for College and University Students" has been executed by the Department of Higher Education since 2008. The scholarship helps students financially to meet their everyday needs while seeking higher education.
Post Matric Scholarship (PMS): Post-matric grant plot for exemplary understudies from minority networks is planned to grant grants to commendable understudies having a place with financially more fragile areas of minority network in order to give them better chances to advanced education, increment their pace of accomplishment in advanced education and upgrade their employability.
Nirmala College FAQs
Ques. What are the facilities provided to students at Nirmala College?
Ans. The facilities provided to students is as follows:
- ICT Platform
- Civil Service Academy
- Yoga Centre
- Health Centre
- Botanical Garden
- Media Lab
- Divyangjan Facilities
Ques. What are the documents required at the time of application process?
Ans. Documents required at the time of application process are as follows:
- Self-attested copy of Marksheet and Provisional Certificate of PG Degree
- Caste Certificate
- OBC (Noncreamy layer/ differently abled) candidates who have completed Master’s Degree shall submit the certificate of eligibility
- NOC from the head of the institute (for students whose PG result is awaited)
- Eligibility Certificate (for candidates of other universities)
Ques. Which is the nearest post office located near Nirmala College?
Ans. Only one post office is found nearby Nirmala College, i.e. Muvattupuzha
Ques. How are the placements at Nirmala College?
Ans. Placements at Nirmala College are good. Students are placed in well-reputed companies such as Infosys, Tata Consultancy Services, Cognizant, Accountant Life Foundation, HDFC Bank, GICE, Club Mahindra, etc.
The placement cell of the college conducts various training programs such as:
- Personality development classes for the final year UG students.
- Seminars for the students on group discussion, interview skills and industrial awareness to gain success in their careers.
- Coaching classes for bank clerical examinations.
- Motivation classes for the final year UG students.
- Higher education seminars for the final year UG students.
Ques. Are there hostels accommodations for students?
Ans. The nirmala college provides 6 hostel accommodation to students. The names of the same are as follows:
- Alphonsa Hostel for Girls
- Little Flower Hostel for Girls
- St. Joseph’s Hostel for Girls
- Assissi Hostel for Girls
- Jeevajyothi Hostel for Boys
- Sports Hostel for Sportspersons