Panihati Mahavidyalaya established in the year 1976 and is affiliated to West Bengal State University. The college offers Under Graduate courses in arts, commerce and science streams. It is an Under Graduate degree college which is accredited by NAAC. The college was funded by the Government of West Bengal, UGC grant, and student fees. Admission is provided to students from different economic and social backgrounds. Selection of the students is done on the basis of marks secured in the previous qualifying examinations.
Panihati Mahavidyalaya Highlights
Highlights of the university such as the year of establishment, type of institution, location of the university, infrastructure and courses are mention in the below tabulation.
|Established | Type||1974 | Government college|
|Affiliation||West Bengal State University|
|Accreditation||NAAC - ‘B’ Grade|
|Campus Area||3044 sq. meter|
|Total Faculty||42 (incl. Of 13 Ph.D. holders)|
Panihati Mahavidyalaya Courses
The following tabulation gives the courses offered in Panihati Mahavidyalaya.
|B.Sc (Hons)||Botany||Intermediate graduate with 50% marks in the aggregate and 45% in the relevant subject (40% marks for SC/ST)|
|B.A. (Hons)||Bengali||Intermediate graduate with 50% marks in aggregate and 45% in the relevant subject (40% marks for SC/ST)|
|Journalism and Mass Communication|
|B.Com (Hons)||Commerce||Intermediate graduate with 50% marks in aggregate and 50% marks in the relevant subject (40% marks for SC/ST)|
Know more Panihati Mahavidyalaya Courses & Fees
Panihati Mahavidyalaya Admission
Admission in Panihati Mahavidyalaya is online mode and the application form will be available on the official website of the college. Candidates who wish to get admission in the college should fill and submit the application form in the mentioned date. For selection, the college will release the merit list of candidates who get selected. Eligible candidates whose names appear in the merit list are directed to obtain the admission form from the portal. The candidates must submit the required documents in the portal. Post the document verification process, the candidates will be provided admission in the college after paying the fees.
Following are the documents required for admission to the college:
- Photocopy of 10th mark sheet and admit card
- Photocopy of 12th mark sheet and admit card
- Original school leaving certificate
- Photocopy of community certificate
- Original college copy of registration challan to be submitted during admission
- Scanned copy of a recent photograph (JPG, PNG Format)
Read more Panihati Mahavidyalaya Admission
Panihati Mahavidyalaya Reservation
As per the guidelines of the government of West Bengal, the college will comply with the norms of reservation. Candidates can check the seat reservation policy for different categories from the following tabulation
|Category||% of seats|
|OBC – A||10 %|
|OBC – B||7 %|
Panihati Mahavidyalaya Scholarship
The college provides financial assistance to the poor and meritorious students from its welfare fund. The students who regularly attend the classes are eligible for this scholarship. To be eligible, one must have 75% attendance in all classes and must appear in all class tests. Students receiving financial aid from state or central government are not eligible. Additionally, the students must apply for concession with income certificate of the respective head of the family.
Panihati Mahavidyalaya Facilities
Following are the facilities provided by the university to cater to the needs of the students as well as faculty members:
- Library: The central library has 16025 books, 3 magazines, 10 journals, 2 Bengali newspapers and, 1 English newspaper. All the teachers and students were allowed to borrow books from the library during the library hours.
- Auditorium: The college has a well-furnished and spacious auditorium with a seating capacity of around 300 seats which is extensively used to conduct cultural and academic functions on a periodic basis.
- Others: The college also has computer labs with computer and internet facilities, canteen where students and faculties could have healthy and hygienic food, career guidance for the students to make them enhanced for their future career, students aid to provide help and assistance to the needed students, students’ health room and students’ common room.
Panihati Mahavidyalaya FAQs
Ques. What is the eligibility criteria to get admission in B.Sc in Panihati Mahavidyalaya?
Ans. Candidates must have completed 10 + 2 education in any recognized board of education or equivalent with physics, chemistry and mathematics with a minimum of 50% marks in aggregate.
Ques. What is the mode of application in Panihati Mahavidyalaya?
Ans. The college follows an online mode of application, where the application form will be published in the official website of the college and candidates are requested to submit the application form within the announced date.
Ques. Where will I get the date for application form submission and admission?
Ans. The date for the submission of the application form and admission date will be announced in the official website of the college. any other details regarding the admission process and courses offered will also be available in the official website of the college.