Pragjyotish College was established in 1954 and is located at Guwahati in Assam State. The college is affiliated to Gauhati University and is accredited by the NAAC. This institution was selected one among the top 5 science colleges in the Guwahati City in 2016.
The institute offers higher secondary and UG courses in the streams of Arts, Commerce, and Science. It also offers B.B.A and B.C.A. courses as well as PG courses in Assamese, Economics, and Tourism Management. Admission to all programs except M.T.M. is only merit-based.
Pragjyotish College Guwahati Highlights
|Established | Institute Type||1954 | Public/Government|
|Courses Offered||B.A., B.Sc., B.Com., BBA, BCA, M.A. (Assamese), M.A./M.Sc. (Economics), and M.T.M.|
|Campus Area||7 Acres|
|Facilities Available||Seminar Hall, Gymnasium, Computer Laboratory, Library, Health Care Center, Auditorium|
Pragjyotish College Guwahati Courses
The institution offers 3-year UG programs in three streams viz. Science, Arts, and Commerce along with B.B.A. and B.C.A. courses. The UG courses include 10 Major and 10 General specializations in B.Sc., 14 Major and 13 General specializations in B.A., along with 5 B.Com. specialized courses.
Pragjyotish College Guwahati Admission
Admission to all courses except M.T.M. is strictly based on the merit of the applicants. Interested candidates seeking admission to the institute can apply by following the below mentioned steps:
- Pragjyotish College accepts applications only through offline mode. In order to apply for the programs, candidates need to purchase the admission form from the college premise.
- Candidates need to fill up the application form with all the necessary details.
- The candidates need to attach the self-attested photocopies of all the required documents. Original documents might be validated while the document verification.
- The applicants must pay the fee for concerned courses only via demand drafts. The institution doesn’t accept any other forms of payment viz. cheque and cash.
- The applicants must hand over the dully filled application form and attached documents to the institute in the stipulated time.
Read More Pragjyotish College Guwahati Admission
Pragjyotish College Guwahati Scholarships
The scholarship/stipend structures allocated by the institute for the students are mentioned below.
- Merit-based scholarship: Students with more than 85% marks in the final examination of 10+2/ H.S.S.L.C will be awarded stipend/scholarship.
- Welfare Fund: Subjected to the availability of funds, meritorious and financially backward students will be provided with financial help through the Students’ Welfare Fund of the college.
Pragjyotish College Guwahati Facilities
- Girls’ Hostel- The campus of the institution consists of a girls’ hostel for those needed. The seats of the hostel are allotted to the students after the completion of the admission process and are strictly done based on merit and on a first come first serve basis.
- Gym- Fitness enthusiasts of the institution can work out in the gym.
- Library- The library consists of over 60,000 books on various subjects.
- Cafeteria- The spacious cafeteria of the institution is made available to all the students. Quality food at low rates is provided at the cafeteria.
- Auditorium- For the organization of college seminars and events, an auditorium has been built within the campus.
- Laboratories- For enhancing the practical expertise of the candidates, laboratories have been made available for the concerned departments.
Read More Pragjyotish College Guwahati Hostel
Praghyotish College Guwahati Faculty
The faculty of Pragjyotish College consists of highly qualified and experienced professors who guide the students in the best possible way. The complete details are given below.
- Principal: Manoj Kumar Mahanta
- Teaching Staff: 110 (Sanctioned – 70 and non-sanctioned – 40)
- Non-teaching Staff: 58 (Sanctioned – 26 and non-sanctioned – 32)
Read More Pragjyotish College Guwahati Faculty
Pragjyotish College Guwahati FAQs
Ques. What are the documents needed for the application procedure?
- Original TC of the 10+2/H.S.L.C./equivalent examination for age verification
- Original mark sheet of the last examination
- Caste certificate (SC/ST/OBC) if applicable
- Proficiency certificate regarding extra-curricular activities if applicable
- Pass certificate from the head of the previous institution
- Migration certificate in case of migration from another board or university
- Registration card.
Ques. How many seats are reserved for the SC/ST/OBC categories?
|Category||Percentage of total seats reserved|
Ques. How far is the college from Guwahati Railway Station?
Ques. How many seats are available for UG programs?
|Course||Number of Seats|
Ques. How many departments are there in college?