Sri Guru Gobind Singh Khalsa College or SGGS Khalsa College was established in the year 1946 and is located in Hoshiarpur, Punjab. It is affiliated to Panjab University.
SGGS Khalsa College offers B.Sc., B.Com., BCA, BA, and B.P.Ed. courses at the under graduate level and M.Sc., MA, M.Com., PGDCA and M.P.Ed. at the post graduate level.
- Candidates who have completed their 10 + 2 studies under relevant stream are eligible to apply for undergraduate courses at SGGS.
- Holders of a Bachelor’s degree in a relevant discipline are eligible to apply for postgraduate courses at SGGS.
- M.Sc. Chemistry and M.Sc. Physics seats will be allotted based on candidates’ performance in PU CET PG2019.
- Admission to all other courses is done on the basis of previous academic performances.
- The application process of SGGS Khalsa College is offline.
Read more: SGGS Khalsa College Courses and Fees Structure
SGGS Khalsa College Admission Highlights Table
|Name of the University||SGGS Khalsa College|
|Basic Admission Criteria||Merit-based|
SGGS Khalsa College Admission Schedule 2019 (Apply Now)
|Normal Admission for ongoing and new classes (except for those classes in which admission is through PU-CET (P.G.))||July 09, 2019||July 24, 2019|
|Late admission for ongoing and new classes with late fee of Rs. 600/-* per student (to be allowed by the College Principal)||July 25, 2019||August 13, 2019|
SGGS Khalsa College Under-Graduate Admissions 2019
SGGS Khalsa College offers B.Sc., B.A., B.Com., BCA and B.P.Ed. courses at the under graduate level. Applicants to the B.Sc., B.A., B.Com. and BCA courses are required to have competed their 10 + 2 studies from a relevant field of study.
Candidates applying to the B.P.Ed. courses must hold a Bachelor’s degree from any discipline with minimum 50% marks.
Admission to the under graduate courses will be granted based on candidates’ performance in their previous academics.
|Course Name||Specializations||Minimum eligibility||Selection criteria|
|B.Sc.||Medical||10 + 2 in Science stream with minimum 40% marks in aggregate.||Merit-based|
|Fashion Designing||10 + 2 with minimum 50% marks in aggregate with English as compulsory subject.|
|Agriculture||10 + 2 in Science (Medical / Non-Medical) OR from Agriculture Stream|
|B.A.||Humanities and Arts||10 + 2 with at least 33% marks in aggregate|
|B.Com.||-||1) 10 + 2 examination or B.Com-I (Old Scheme) of Panjab University with three of the following subjects securing at least 45% marks in aggregate: Commerce / Accountancy / Economics / Business Organization / Insurance / Banking and Trade / Commercial Geography / Office Management and Secretarial Practice / Mercantile Law / Auditing Typewriting and Stenography / Computers OR|
2) 10 + 2 examination or B.A-I (Old Scheme) of Panjab University with at least two of the subjects mentioned in:
(a) securing at least 50% marks in aggregate. OR c) 10 + 2 examination or B.A-I / B.Sc.-I / Pre-Engineering / Pre-Medical examination of the Panjab University under the Old Scheme not covered in
(b) securing at least 50% marks.
|BCA||-||10 + 2 in any discipline with at least 50 % marks And Passed Mathematics at Matriculation level|
|B.P.Ed.||-||1) Bachelor’s Degree in any discipline with 50% marks and having at least participation in the Inter – College / Inter – Zonal / District / School competition in Sports and Games as recognized by the AIU / IOA / SGFI / Govt. of India. OR|
2) Bachelor’s Degree in Physical Education with 45% marks. OR c) Bachelor’s Degree in any discipline with 45% marks and studied Physical Education as compulsory / elective subject.
- Candidates should be minimum 17 years of age to apply.
SGGS Khalsa College Post Graduate Admissions 2019
SGGS Khalsa College offers M.Sc., M.A., M.Com., PGDCA and M.P.Ed. courses at the post graduate level. Candidates who hold of a Bachelor’s degree from a relevant field of study, are eligible to apply for the respective Master’s courses at SGGS.
M.Sc. Chemistry and M.Sc. Physics seats will be allotted based on candidates’ performance in PU-PGCET conducted by the Punjab University. Seats to all the other courses will be allotted purely on the basis of merit.
|Course Name||Specializations||Minimum eligibility||Selection criteria|
|M.Sc.||Chemistry||B.Sc. (medical / non medical) with 50% marks in aggregate and also 50% marks in the subject of Chemistry separately OR B.Sc. (Honours) in Chemistry||Merit-Based|
|Physics||B.Sc. securing at least 50% marks with Physics, Mathematics and any one of the following subjects: Chemistry, Bio-Chemistry, Botany, English, Electronics, Bio- Physics, Geology, Statistics, Zoology, Life Sciences.|
|Instrumentation||B.Sc. with Physics / Electronics / Instrumentation Science / Computer Science / Instrumentation / Vocational Physics / Electronics OR B.E. (E & TC) / Instrumentation / Electrical and Electronics / Electronics and Electrical Communication Engg. with minimum 50% marks in aggregate.|
|Mathematics||B.A / B.Sc. with Mathematics having either at least 50% marks in aggregate or at least 45 % marks in Mathematics OR B.Sc. Honours School in Mathematics OR B.A. / B.Sc. with Honours in Mathematics|
|Information Technology||B.C.A. OR B.E. / B.Tech. in Computer Science / Information Technology OR B.C.A. / B.Sc. (Hons.) in Computer Science / B.Sc. (H.S.) in Mathematics & Computing or any other graduation with Computer Science / I.T. / Computer Applications and Mathematics in all three years of graduation|
|M.A.||Economics||Bachelor’s Degree with at least 45% marks in the subject of Post Graduate Course, or 50 % in aggregate. OR B.A. with Honours in the subject of the Post Graduate Course or B.Sc. Hons. School Course OR Master’s Degree examination in any other subject.|
|Human Rights and Duties|
|M.Com.||-||B.Com. / BBA / B.Com. (Hons.) with at least 45% marks in aggregate OR Bachelor’s Degree with Honours in Economics / Mathematics / Statistics / Commerce with at least 45% marks in aggregate OR Bachelor’s Degree with 50% marks in aggregate and Economics / Mathematics / Statistics / Commerce as a subject|
|PGDCA||-||Graduate (B.A. / B.Sc. / B.Com. / B.C.A.) under 10 + 2 + 3 system of examination having mathematics as main subject up to 10 + 2 level OR B.E. / B.Tech. degree.|
|M.P.Ed.||-||Bachelor of Physical Education (B.P.Ed.) or equivalent with at least 50% marks. OR Bachelor of Science (B.Sc.) in Health and Physical Education with at least 50% marks.|
- A student seeking admission have to appear in person along with his / her parent or guardian before the Principal.
SGGS Khalsa College Application Process 2019
Application forms can be obtained at the college office and filled out application form, along with the necessary documents should be submitted at the time of counseling.
- Application form can be obtained from the college office upon payment of ?300 /-.
- Candidates need to fill out the application form and the following documents need to be attached along with it before submission:
- Photo copies of Marksheets of the lower examination
- Category Certificate issued by the competent authority (such as S.C. / B.C.) and Punjab Domicile certificate
- Character Certificate.
- The following documents need to be submitted at the time of admission:
- Matriculation Certificate for verification of Date of Birth.
- Character Certificate from the Head of the Institution last attended (in case of new student)
- Attested copies of Certificates / Detailed Marks Card / Provisional Certificate of previous exam passed.
- Migration Certificate from the university, if a candidate is migrating from another university last attended.
- Copy of Registration card (for those who are already registered)
- Two copies of the latest passport size photographs to be pasted firmly at the place provided for in the admission form and identity-cum-library card.
- Equivalent / Eligibility certificate in case of a student who wishes to join course in the college on the basis of qualification obtained by him/ her from University / Board other than Panjab University / P.S.E.B. Mohali.
- Category Certificate, as applicable, for SC / ST / BC / Blind / Physically Handicapped candidates.
- Correspondence address of the college - SGGS Khalsa College, Mahilpur, Garhshankar - Nawanshahr Road, Mahalpur, India, Punjab – 146105.
SGGS Khalsa College Scholarship 2019
- Principal Harbhajan Singh Memorial Trust – Every year 15 needy/meritorious students are awarded scholarships of Rs. 4000/- each
- Post-Matric Scholarship Scheme for Scheduled Castes – These scholarships are paid to the students whose parents’ / guardians’ income from all sources does not exceed Rs. 2, 50,000/- per annum.
- Post - Matric Scholarship Scheme for the Other Backward Classes (OBCs) – Employed students whose income combined with the income of their parents/guardians does not exceed Rs. 1 lac per annum, as well as unemployed students whose parents'/guardians' income does not exceed Rs. 1 lac per annum, are entitled to the scholarship under the scheme.
- Post-Matric Scholarship Scheme for Minority Communities – Students belonging to Muslim / Christian / Sikh / Buddhist / Parsi communities who have secured not less than 50% marks in the previous final examination and the annual income of whose parents / guardian from all sources does not exceed Rs. 2 lacs are eligible for the scholarship under the scheme.
- Special Grant for Girl Students belonging to Scheduled Castes – The girl students belonging to Scheduled Castes whose parents’ / guardians’ annual income does not exceed Rs. 60, 965/- are entitled to the special grant of Rs. 50/- and Rs. 60/- per month for Post-Matric and Post-Graduate studies, respectively.
- Panjab University Scholarships - The list of scholarships which are being awarded to the students of affiliated college by office of Dean College Development Council in the following categories is available on the website of Dean, College Development Council Panjab University i.e. http://dcdc.puchd.ac.in/ 1. Means cum Merit 2. Sports 3. Single Girl Child 4. Physically Disabled 5. Aids / Cancer.
*The article might have information for the previous academic years, which will be updated soon subject to the notification issued by the University/College