The Shankarlal Khandelwal Arts Science and Commerce College was started with the aim and vision to hone the students with quality education and provide opportunities to the underprivileged section of the society so as to channelize their potential in nation building. The students are provided a very congenial atmosphere that has the positive vibes of education, as well as motivation towards physical development. The founders have kept students at the focal point and chalked out the college policies. Their mission is to make students intellectual, cultured and self-reliant through education so that they can face the challenging world.
Facts and Figures of Shankarlal Khandelwal Arts, Science and Commerce College, Akola, Maharashtra
Year of establishment
Sant Gadgebaba Amravati University, Amravati
How to reach
Through National Highway No. 6
Why to Join Shankarlal Khandelwal Arts Science and Commerce College, Akola, Maharashtra?
- Faculty: The qualified and well-deserved faculty of the college works hard for successfully improving the students’ knowledge about their related subjects. The faculty is always present at times of academic doubts or for boosting their morale. They believe that regular motivation and practical knowledge can help them face the professional world. Two faculty members have also received Young Scientist award.
- Facilities: The students are provided with the best facilities possible. The college has well equipped practical labs for all related subjects such as Computer, Chemistry, Physics (Electronics), Zoology, Microbiology, and Home Economics. Students and teachers both experiment and research on topics related to their subjects in these labs. The library of the college has 13684 books like study and reference books, various journals, magazines and subject wise online collection of CD’s/DVD.
The college has a theater cum seminar hall with VCD/LCD projector systems. Students are also encouraged to engage themselves in physical exercises for a healthy body through the provision of indoor and outdoor game arenas. Other amenities include infirmary, generator backup, canteen, etc.
- Awards and achievements:
- Accredited by NAAC with a CGPA of 2.95 out of four and B grade.
- 2 UGC-funded Major and 20 Minor Research Projects.
- 10 National level Conferences/ Workshop/Seminars were organized in the campus.
- Visit of Bharat Ratna Hon. Dr. A P J Abdul Kalam.
- Three employees honored by two advance increments by Govt. of Maharashtra as per the civil services (salary) rule 40 (1984) for their best performance.