Sheth NKTT College of Commerce and Sheth JTT College of Arts is an institution affiliated with the University of Mumbai and is situated in Thane, Maharashtra. The college was established in the year 1990 and offers courses at undergraduate as well as post graduate levels across the streams of Science, Commerce, Arts, and Management studies with various specializations.
The courses offered under UG programs are B.Com, BA, B.Sc, and BMS. Candidates who have secured valid marks in higher secondary education with relevant subjects can apply for UG courses. Under the postgraduate level education, it offers an M.Com. program of 2 years. M.Com is offered in Advanced accountancy.
Admissions to all the courses at Sheth NKTT College are purely merit-based. No entrance exam is required. Candidates can apply online on the official website of the institute.
The college offers great placements since the establishment of its placement cell which was in the year 2014-15 and has been developing since then with a great number of students being placed every year. The students are trained well for placements through internship opportunities too. The admission takes place online and is merit based.
Facilities at this college include Gymkhana, library, bridge courses, and skill development programs.
Sheth NKTT College of Commerce and Sheth JTT College of Arts, Thane Highlights
|Establishment | Institution Type||1990 | Private|
|Set By||Sheth T.J.Education Society|
|Courses Offered||Ba, B.Com, B.Sc, Bms, M.Com|
|Top Recruiters||Cams, Sharekhan, Edelweiss , Sutherland, Axis Bank , Accenture|
|Campus Area||2 Acres|
|Facilities||Gymkhana, Library, Bridge Courses , Skill Development Programmes|
Sheth NKT College Courses
The college offers 5 courses across 4 streams at an undergraduate level and 1 course across 1 stream at a postgraduate level. However, B.A and B.Com are unaided courses whereas all the others are self financing courses.
|B.A||Duration: 3 years
Subjects: Psychology , Sociology , Economics
Eligibility criteria: The candidate must have passed higher secondary examination from any recognized university with relevant subjects
|B. Com||Duration :3 years
Specialization: Accountancy and Finance, Banking and Insurance
Eligibility criteria: 1) The candidate must have passed higher secondary examination from a recognized university and must have scored a minimum score of 45% ( open category) or 40% ( reserved categories)
|B.Sc||Duration: 3 years
Specialization: Information technology
Eligibility criteria: 1) candidate must have passed higher secondary examination from a recognized university with Mathematics as a compulsory subject and a minimum score of 45% ( open category) or 40% ( reserved categories)
|B.M.S||Duration: 3 years
Eligibility criteria: The candidate must have passed higher secondary examination from a recognized university and must have scored a minimum score of 45% ( open category) or 40% ( reserved categories)
|M.Com.||Duration: 2 years
Specialization: Advanced accountancy
Eligibility criteria: The candidate should have passed the B. Com degree from a recognized institution with a minimum of 50% ( open category) and 45% ( reserved category)
Sheth NKT College Admissions
The mode of admission takes place online and is solely based on merit. The decision of granting the admission lies with administration authorities.
How to Apply
The following steps have to be followed:
- The candidate must login on the website www.nktdegreecollege.org when the college intimidates with an admission notification.
- The pre- admission form under the category of online admissions must be filled in by the student by using the same credentials that was used for the login.Please note the student Id and password used are the same . The password changing option is offered in the next step.
- The form that appears has to be filled by adding all the details ,as well as the scanned photo and signature of the mentioned size.
- The next page allows you to choose the subjects if your course offers you optional subjects.
- The page after that asks for the filling of examination details of the previous year and the information of your parents/ guardians.
- After the filling of the form , the procedures for the online payment have to be followed. After the successful payment of the application form the candidate needs to save a screenshot of the receipt as well note the transaction number as they need to be reproduced on the google form that has to be filled after filling the admission form.
- The pre- admission form must also be printed out as they have to be submitted in the college office counter during the time of admission along with the original required documents.
Sheth NKT College Placements
The college has a placement cell which was initiated in the year 2014-15 and since then the college has been improving its performance placement wise.
- In the year 2016-17 about 200-300 students were placed with an average salary 1.5 - 2 lacs.
- The college also helps students by training them through workshops and providing them internship opportunities.
- The top recruiters that visit the college are Axis Bank , Sharekhan , CAMS , Sutherland , Edelweiss Tokio , Syntel and Accenture. The job opportunities offered are more for the post of HR and IT sectors.
Read more: Sheth NKT College Placement
Sheth NKT College Scholarships
Students belonging to reserved categories that are OBC, SC ,ST and NT are offered scholarships . The scholarship offered varies according to the income category the students belong to. The college necessitates that the student who has been offered a scholarship must maintain a minimum attendance of 75% . However, the students belonging to the category OBC, SBC, or VJNT pursuing the course BMS and BSC IT are not eligible for the scholarships. The students who want to apply for the scholarships can find the form on the link mahabdtmahait.gov.in.
Also check Sheth NKT College Scholarships
Sheth NKT College Facilities
The college has helped students grow not just in the field of academics but in the areas of circular and co- curricular activities too. Few are as follows:
- Bridge courses: These courses are offered to the students who find it difficult to cope up with their classmates because of coming from a lateral or a vernacular background. The teachers try to bridge the gap between the students and the subjects through these courses.
- Sports ground: The campus has a ground to encourage students in participating in sports.
- Library : With a huge number of administrative staff working in the library , it is a spacious and rich space with vivid options of reading for the students.
- Group Insurance : This is an insurance scheme ,solely introduced for the students of institutions and the risk covers the cost of major accidents if the students comes across any situation that causes major physical loss.
- Gymkhana : The college provides clean and spacious gyms which are accessible to the students.
Sheth NKT College Faculty
The total number of faculties in the college are about 60-64 in number. All the teachers are well trained and are dedicated towards training their students well. There are members who have a high education qualification of Masters and doctorates. The faculty trains the students in imparting practical knowledge by conducting workshops.
Read more: Sheth NKT College Faculty
Sheth NKT College FAQs
Ques. Does the college have facilities such as a canteen and parking lot?
Ques. Are there fest days celebrated in the college?
Ques. Is the gymkhana accessible to all students? .
Ques. What are the various modes of payment for application form?
Ques. Does the admission require any entrance test?