Shri MD Shah Mahila college of Arts and Commerce is one of the most renowned colleges in the suburbs location of western Mumbai, which provides the learning facilities to a huge number of the girl students in Mumbai.
It is affiliated by the SNDT women’s university and re-accredited by NAAC, as one of the A grade colleges in the country. The location of the college B.J Patel Road, is quite accessible because of its adjacency to the Malad railway station.
Besides offering several courses in the Arts and commerce stream, it also offers multiples of professional courses like certification courses in interior designing, BCA, BMM and BAFI, fashion designing, BMS and so on.
The scope of accomplishing post graduate degrees in economics, Hindi and History and M.com. in Marketing, taxation and accountancy are there.
Admissions to all the courses are granted based on merit in the last qualifying examination.
Shri MD Shah Mahila College of Arts & Commerce, Mumbai Highlights 2021
|Approved by||Shreemati Nathibai Damodar Thackersey Women's University|
|Courses offered||B.A., M.A., B.com, M.com, B.Com. AFI and B.Com. AF, BMS, BMM, B.C.A. etc. total 16 courses|
|Facilities||Library, computer assisted teaching, events, skill development.|
Shri MD SMCAC Mumbai Awards and Achievements
After attaining some valuable awards and special achievements this college now belongs to one of the most well reputed girl’s colleges in the western part of Mumbai. The list of the award and achievements are as follows.
- It has received best college award from the SNDT women’s university.
- Re- accredited by the NAAC as an ‘A’ grade college in the third cycle.
- It has also been awarded by the Performance Excellence Trophy in the quality award ceremony of IMC Ramkrishna Bajaj National.
- The college has been awarded at the university and the district level by the Government of Maharashtra in their Jagar Janivacha campaign.
- It has almost been seven times winners of the ‘Best Educational Quality Enhancement team Award’ by the NCQM.
- Literary events trophy in 2018 and 2019 for Yuva Mahotsav.
Shri MD SMCAC Mumbai Courses Offered
B.A., M.A. Hindi Economics, History, B.com, M.com (marketing), B.Com. AFI and B.Com. AF, BMS, BMM, B.C.A. are some of the courses offered by the college. The streams in the colleges are taught in four different languages. Therefore the students from different vernacular languages can study their chosen subject with their ease. The four different vernacular tongues are English medium, Gujrati medium, Marathi medium and Hindi medium.
|B.A.||Duration: 3 years
Eligibility: H.S. or equivalent examination with English as compulsory subject
Specializations: Sociology, psychology, English, economics, history, English, Gujrati, Marathi
|B.Com.||Duration: 3 years
Eligibility: H.S. or equivalent examination or entrance test, or Pre-university or first year commerce of statutory university or equivalent board or university
|M.A||Duration: 2 years
Eligibility: B.A. in relevant subject
Specializations: Mathematical Economics and Econometrics, advanced learning in Micro and Macroeconomics, Media and Jansanchar
|M.com.||Duration: 2 years
Read More: Shri MD SMCAC Courses & Fee
Shri MD SMCAC Mumbai Admissions
The admission of this college is conducted by the rules and eligibility criteria of the SNDT women’s university. Candidates must have qualified the HSC or equivalent examination with English as their compulsory subject for their admission in the B.A., B.Com, B.A.F.I, B.M.S., B.M.M. and B.C.A. The most important part is that students from the other state, required an eligibility certificate from the SNDT women’s university, to affirm their admission. Every student needs to obtain at least 45% marks at the HSC level in the general cast and 40% marks in the S.T./ S.T. category.
How to Apply?
- Admission icon for the recent year is available on the home screen of the college website. Candidates will have to click on the icon of the college website.
- A registration window will appear and candidates will have to register there with phone number and email Id
- A guideline PDF will appear immediately after you login. Just read it for essential information and documents.
- Click on the enrolment link to enrol as an applicant then sign in to the application portal.
- Click on the “continue” tab, to fill in the form.
- Fill in all the necessary details and upload documents, before clicking on the “save and next” tab.
- Accept terms and conditions and check the form properly, before clicking on “confirm”. No changes can take place after submitting the form.
- Take a printout of the form, to complete the application procedure.
- College will send an SMS regarding the payment schedule, if the application is accepted and selected.
Read More: Shri MD SMCAC Reviews
Shri MD SMCAC Mumbai Placement
The College faculties and the placement committee members are quite aware about the future of the girl students, especially the ones who would pass out from the college. There are almost 20 companies which come for campus placement to all the colleges of SNDT University.
Students or the alumni of the college would just have to register to the effective portal of placement, ‘Wings to future’, which acts as an interface between the students and the corporate world. Students are offered both jobs as well as summer internship, to strongly build their career paths.
Read More: Shri MD SMCAC Placement
Shri MD SMCAC Mumbai Facilities
Some well accessible facilities of the colleges are Library and computer assisted teaching. Some annual programs and events are there to make them refreshed, rejuvenated and extra active. The skill development programs like cooking and river rafting, helps them to become well moulded for their future.
The family counselling centre of the college aids the students to opt for the right choice about their vocational, professional and other courses as well as studies. This counselling allows the students to go for the course which matches their inclinations, interest, needs passions and aspirations.
The guest sessions focus on several important psychological issues as mentioned in the following list.
- Lectures on suicide prevention.
- Lectures on becoming a public speaker
- Shared thoughts on yoga
- Sessions on power of thoughts
- Sessions to make the, aware about the
- Lectures on cyber security and cybercrime.
Read More: Shri MD SMCAC Gallery
Shri MD SMCAC Mumbai Faculty
The multi-talented groups of the faculties are always very much supportive to aid their students at any cause and condition.
Dr. Deepa N. Sharma is the Principal of the college with M.Phil and Ph.D. degrees and 29 years of experience.
Some of the top faculties are:
- CA. Parag Thakkar: Head of the Accountancy Department, Associate Professor (M.Com., C.A., M. Phil.)
- Dr. Jayshree F. Mehta: Head of the Commerce Department, Associate Professor (M.Com., M.Phil, Ph. D.)
- Dr. Urmila A. Gor: Head of theEconomics Department, Associate Professor (M.A., D.H.Ed., M.Phil., Ph.D.)
- Smt. Shubha S. Acharya: Head of the English Department, Associate Professor (M.A., B.Ed.)
Read More: Shri MD SMCAC Faculty
Shri MD SMCAC Mumbai FAQs
Ques. How many seats are available for B.Com with specialization in Accountancy?
Ques. How many seats are available for B.A Economics?
Ques. Is there any free Wi-Fi connection available for the college?
Ques. How many faculties are there in the college?
Ques. Is there any theatre or Indoor stadium in the college?