Vimal Jyothi Engineering College (VJEC), was established in 2002 and it is managed by Meshar Diocesan Educational Trust. The college offers courses in different streams in B.Tech, M.Tech, and Ph.D. Admission is based on marks secured in the Engineering Entrance Exam conducted by Commissioner of Entrance Exams, Govt. of Kerala and for M.Tech candidates should be a B.Tech graduate or equivalent Degree in relevant stream. VJEC Kannur offers placement for deserving students with an average salary of INR 4.25 LPA in the year 2019 to 2020.
Vimal Jyothi Engineering College Highlights
|Established | Type||2002 | Private|
|Approved by||AICTE, NAAC B+ Grade, and NBA|
|Affiliated to||APJ Abdul Kalam Technological University ( KTU)|
|Entrance Exam||KEAM /JEE Main /GATE|
|Courses Offered||B.Tech, M.Tech & Ph.D|
|Admission Criteria||Merit-based & Entrance Test|
|Top Recruiters||Saint-Gobin, Aelis, Spectrum Softtech solutions, Oceanus, etc.,|
|Facilities Available||Library, Hostel, Auditorium, Sports|
Vimal Jyothi Engineering College Courses
The college offers B.Tech with 8 streams, M.Tech with 7 streams and Ph.D. with 4 streams
|B.Tech||Specializations with seat intake: Applied Electronics & Instrumentation Engineering (30), Civil Engineering (120), Computer Science & Engineering (120), Electronics & Communication Engineering (90), Electrical & Electronics Engineering (60), Mechanical Engineering (90), Artificial Intelligence & Data Science (30), Architecture (40)
Duration: 4 years
Eligibility criteria: 10+2 with 50% in Mathematics separately and 50% PCM or equivalent subjects
Admission criteria: Based on marks scored in the Engineering Entrance Exam
|M.Tech||Specialization: Communication Engineering & Signal Processing, Computer Science & Engineering, Control and Instrumentation, Power Electronics, Structural Engineering & Construction Management, Thermal Engineering
Eligibility: Must be a B.E/ B. Tech graduate in a relevant subject with 50%
Admission Criteria: Entrance Based (GATE)
|Ph.D||Specialization: Electronics and Communication Engineering, Applied Electronics and Instrumentation Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Civil Engineering
Eligibility: Master’s degree in Engineering/ Technology or Research in Engineering/ Technology with a minimum of 6.5 CGPA
Read More: Vimal Jyothi Engineering College Fees
Vimal Jyothi Engineering College Admission
The admission at the college is both merit and entrance based. For B.Tech 50% of seats are filled by the government allotment, 10% through allocated community and the government, 15% NRI seats, and 35% of the seats allocated in the category of pure achievement of rankings list published by Vimal Jyothi College. The candidates have to clear relevant entrance exams to take admission in different courses.
How to Apply?
- Students who want to take admission in one of the University of Kerala and study subjects such as Engineering or Architecture or management should be appearing for the exam KEAM.
- The application fee is charged INR 700 for the General category and INR 300 for the reserved category.
The application process has been given below:
- Students must register in advance to generate a new user id and password.
- A scanned image of a recent photograph, signature and thumb impression left should be uploaded.
- Fill in the application form with the option only, private and academic detail, along with a certificate of caste and income details.
- Pay the fee online or through e-Challan, the printout should be saved for future reference.
Read More: VJEC Admission
Vimal Jyothi Engineering College Cut-Off
KEAM Cut-Off 2019 branch wise
|Courses||Round 1||Round 2||Round 3|
|B.Tech Computer Science and Engineering||19719||28134||32912|
|B.Tech Civil Engineering||27402||41192||38011|
|B.Tech Electrical and Electronics Engineering||31395||39460||39460|
|B.Tech Mechanical Engineering||32491||40117||40117|
|B.Tech Electronics & Communication Engineering||33264||41434||43138|
|B.Tech Applied Electronics and Instrumentation||36516||43138||45314|
Read More: Vimal Jyothi Engineering College cut off
Vimal Jyothi Engineering College Placement
The placement cell of Vimal Jyothi Engineering College (VJEC) started 2002-03 works in the academic year. VJEC a strategic tie-up is with Employability Bridge and ICT Academy placement assistance to all eligible students. Placement training sessions such as group discussion, mock HR / Technical testing, and interviews, General & Technical aptitude tests, etc. orientation programs for CAT / MAT / GATE investigations are carried out for students.
200+ students got placed from 2019-20 batch with an average salary of INR 4.25 LPA. Some of the topmost recruiters are TCS, Infosys, Tech Mahindra, CTS, Wipro, US technology, Sobha Developers LML, Federal bank, IBS, etc.,
Read More: Vimal Jyothi Engineering College placement
Vimal Jyothi Engineering College Scholarships
To promote the quality of education to deserving students, Vimal Jyothi management has the following management Merit Scholarship Schemes initiated. These scholarships are provided based on the performance of the student. According to rule a student, a scholarship, except for the RCD waiver rules. The continuation of the system depends on the performance of students in subsequent years.
- Management Merit Scholarship Schemes
- RCD waiver scheme Interest-Free Caution Deposit of Rs 1,00,000
- Patron’s Scholarship of Rs 20,000/- for the Catholics students of Malabar
- Government Merit Scholarship Schemes
- General Scholarships
- Special Scholarships
Vimal Jyothi Engineering College Facilities
- Hostel: The college has a separate hostel for boys and girls which provides good hostel accommodation for the students.
- Medical: The college has Infirmary serves as a place for the provision of first aid for minor cases such as minor cuts to treat wounds, etc.. Facilities are provided for monitoring blood pressure, temperature, and BMI are available. All major medical emergencies referred to the nearest hospital under the existing agreement relating to the use of ambulance services and medical care.
- Library: The library system of Vimal Jyothi Engineering College with 2,000 books in the initial phase. The VJV library system consists of a central library and five departmental libraries that support the teaching and extension programs of the Institute together.
- Laboratories: The College has laboratory facilities. The laboratory is adequately equipped with the systems, software licenses, laboratory equipment, and other techniques.
- Convenience store: Central warehouse takes several college maintenance, repair, safety supplies and office supplies, computer supplies, and furniture items. Central Store is responsible for purchasing and maintaining an inventory of parts and materials used in college.
Read More: Vimal Engineering College Hostel Fees
Vimal Jyothi Engineering College Faculty
There are a total of 150 faculties working in this college and each department has Head, Associate Professor and assistants, and school performance, both in the welfare of students and individual areas of expertise. Some faculties have relevant Ph.D., after graduation, and can be accessed by registering in graduate studies to focus on various institutes both within and outside the campus.
Read More: Vimal Jyothi Engineering College faculty
Vimal Jyothi Engineering College FAQs
Ques. How is the KEAM exam conducted?
Ques. What is the registration procedure for KEAM 2020?.
- Step 1: Register
- Step 2: uploading images
- Step 3: Complete the application form KEAM
- Step 4: Pay the application fee INR 700
- Step 5: Taking an impression of the application form
- Step 6: Send application and supporting evidence to the EEC
Ques. Is management quota available at VJEC?
Ques. Which documents are required at the time of admission?
- Valid Photo ID
- Marksheet and Degree Certificate.
- Caste Certificate/Disability or PwD Certificate (if applicable).
Ques. What are the benefits of KEAM rank based merit scholarships?
|Eligibility (KEAM Rank)||Scholarships|
|Rank 1-7000||Tuition Fee = Government fee|
|7001- 10000||Scholarship of INR 1,20,000/- (30,000x4 year)|
|10001-20000||Scholarship of INR 20,000/- (5000x4 year)|