Jayaraj Annapackiam College for Women, Periyakulam was started on July 5th, 1971 by the combined efforts of Mother Lucy Crescentia Mary and the family of Jayaraj Chellathurai who named the college to that of his parents Jayaraj Annapackiam. It is run by sister s of St. Anne of Tiruchirapalli. It seeks to impart higher among rural women who are economically, socially & culturally backward.
- It is the first Autonomous College in Theni district
- It is located on Mt. St. Anne at a distance of 2 km to the West of Periyakulam, Theni District, Tamilnadu.
- It is affiliated to Mother Teresa Women’s University, Kodaikanal
- It is accredited with ‘A’ grade by National Assessment & Accreditation Council (NAAC)
- Tie up with ‘SARWODEEP’ to provide the students with the opportunities to pursue 1 year job oriented Diploma Course in Fashion Design and Garment Making (DFGM), Diploma Course in Health Assistant (DHA) and DTP operator.
- Tie up with ANUGRAHA Institute of Social Science, Dindigul to provide Certificate Course in Basic Counseling and Training, to keep the students physically, psychologically fit for everyday lifestyle.
- State of the art technology of solar air heaters
- Emerging Vistas In Bi – topological Spaces
- Reliability of Service Facility System
- National Cadet Corps (NCC) – An active part of NCC is working in the college and 160 students are currently enrolled under the program.
- National Service Scheme (NSS) – It was started in the college on September 5th, 1976. It has 7 units managed by 7 program officers who are assisted by a team of 7 staff advisors.
- JAYARAJ ANNAPACKIAM COLLEGE EXTENSION PROGRAMME (JACEP) – This program aims to empower the weaker sections of rural women community by providing all kinds of necessary assistance. It is being carried over by students of the college itself who tend to work for the welfare of the community.
- AVIAN Club – It consists of students of UG, PG and M. Phil. students from Zoology Department and other departments who are interested in birds’ studies are enrolled. It is actively involved in conducting camps to make a survey and identify birds in Theni District also keep a record, organizing guest lectures, workshops & competitions to promote Avion studies.
- JACECO Club – It consists of students of 1st year U.G. Zoology students enrolled on voluntarily every year. It promotes environmental care by collecting plastic bags once a week. It is devoted in making the campus plastic free zone by implementing strict rules and awareness.
Hostel for both students & staff is available
Combined capacity including both student & staff is 693 persons
150 Rooms are available
3 Reading Halls are provided for studying
An Indoor gymnasium is provided for both students & staff
Huge conference hall for hosting seminars, workshops & other events
Vast collection of books
Availability of Media literature; 125 CD’s & 300 Audio cassettes
The college offers Scholarship at the beginning of every academic year to around 1800 students based on different criteria that include sports excellence, minority community, meritorious academic performance etc.