Vikas College of Arts Science and Commerce, Vikhroli was started in June 1986. It is one of 19 educational institions run by Vidya Vikas Education Society founded in 1962. The society began with an initiative of imparting higher education to the people especially belonging from the weaker & under privileged sections.
- It is reaccredited with ‘A’ grade by National Assessment & Accreditation Council (NAAC)
No. of Students Placed
Empire Industries Limited
Talisman Consultants Pvt. Ltd.
Vee Gee Electronic
Sunrise Sports Pvt. Ltd.
National Service Scheme (NSS) –
- Tree Plantation – 100 saplings were planted on a single day
- AIDS Awareness Week – Street plays were organized on the streets of Mumbai by 40 NSS volunteers.
- Blood Donation Camp – 358 units of blood were successfully collected on a single day. Think Foundation and Arpan Blood Bank was invited for the blood collection.
- Department of Lifelong Learning & Extension – It is a department of University of Mumbai since 1994. It provides vocational career oriented & community oriented programs to the students. A. The student is awarded 10 additional marks at the final examination after completing a project of 120 hrs & submitting its report. Projects undertaken by the program includes Population Club, Status of Women, Information technology, Annapurna Yojana & various industry oriented projects.
- A total of 9 separate labs for UG & PG courses in different departments
- Biotechnology & Plant tissue culture laboratory are the prominent ones providing advanced research work
- Seating capacity of 100 students
- Collection of 23000 text & reference books
- 60 Journals & Periodicals
- Subscription of 12 Newspapers
- E-resources such as e-journals, Online Databases, CD’s.
- Seating capacity of 300 audiences at a time
- 5 Computer laboratories with 145 terminals connected through LAN
- PUNARBHET – It is the annual reunion of the Alumni and was attended by 650 alumni students.
- Jallosh – An inter-collegiate festival to be celebrated for 2 days consecutively. It includes both cultural & technical events.
- Free-ship to Children of Economically Backward Class
- Free-ship to Children of Primary Teachers / Secondary Teachers/ Non-Teaching Staff /Ex-servicemen/ Freedom fighters (For Aided Sections only)
- State Government Open Merit Scholarship (Fresh Award) to Degree College Students
- National Merit Scholarship