Sri Bhagawan Mahaveer Jain College (SBMJC) was established in the year 1990. Founded by Dr. Chenraj Roychand, in VV Puram and now known as a part of Jain University which has established many colleges.
The college has 5 campuses spread over Bangalore and 1 campus in KGF. Sri Bhagawan Mahaveer Jain College (SBMJC) runs an evening college in VV Puram, Bangalore which is affiliated to Bengaluru Central University.
To bring qualitative improvement in the education system, it offers Choice Based Credit System (CBCS) which emphasizes student-centric education. In this program, one will study foundation areas of accounting, business law, management, economics, and marketing.
The college offers only Bachelor of Commerce (B.Com). Admission in B.Com course is based upon Jain Entrance Exam. College provides placements opportunities, as there are many companies visit for the selections.
SBMJC, VV Puram (Evening) Highlights
|Entrance exams||Jain Entrance Exam|
|Application mode||Online and offline|
|Admission criteria||Entrance exam and Merit List|
|Facilities Available||Library, canteen, Sports|
SBMJC, VV Puram (Evening) Rankings
Sri Bhagawan Mahaveer Jain College is constantly rated as top college in India by reputed agencies.
|Education World (Non-autonomous ranking)||6th in Karnataka & 39th all over India||2020-21|
SBMJC, VV Puram (Evening) Courses
Te college is affiliated to Bangalore University and offers only Bachelor of Commerce (B.Com)
|B.Com||Duration: 3 years
Eligibility: PUC / ISC / CBSE or Equivalent with 60% marks in class 10+2
SBMJC, VV Puram (Evening) Admissions
Admission to the eligible candidates in B.Com is given on the basis of merit of entrance test conducted by the University. On the official website, students can enquire for the admission in B.Com
How to Apply?
- Students can apply through offline and online mode. Application forms are available online.
- For online application, Candidates have to register themselves on the admission portal. Click here to register.
- After registering and verifying their e-mail and mobile number, candidates have to fill the Application Form Online, Upload Important Documents and finally pay the application fee.
Read more: SBMJC, VV Puram (Evening) Admission
SBMJC, VV Puram (Evening) Placement
College provides on campus placements to their students. Many companies visit the campus and evaluate the talent of students.
For B.com students: In 4th semester starting, many companies visit the campus and provide placement to selected students with package ranges between INR 2.5 to 3 lacs.
Also check SBMJC, VV Puram (Evening) Placement
SBMJC, VV Puram (Evening) Scholarship
- Scholarship is given to those students who have good marks in their previous class and entrance exam.
- Also, SC/ST students get scholarship. They have to show their certificates of caste to get the scholarship.
- Scholarship will be given in the first year of course only.
SBMJC, VV Puram (Evening) Facilities
There are various facilities provided by the college
Sports: The sports facilities provided by the Jain College are aplenty. Students are always encourage to participate in at least one of the many sports events.
Library: The libraries at Jain College provide access to the information needed to support the rigorous demands of current Industry requirement In addition to housing a comprehensive print collection. the library offers a wealth of online information. Experienced staffs provide research training individual consultations and email reference assistance to students to make the most effective use of library resources.
Career Counselling: Jain College has developed and implemented an effective system for continuous monitoring of every student's progress and for providing appropriate guidance for their betterment. Career counselling service is available to help students plan their academic activities as well as their future. The College helps the students recognize and enhance their latent talents potentials through regular counselling. Experienced and knowledgeable faculty members are available to guide them to match their ability and skills with their interests. and to help make the right choice of the specialization subjects.
NCC: National Cadet Corps is a leadership training activity for students that teach them responsibility and resourcefulness. Students. who are physically fit. are encouraged to join the NCC (National Cadet. Corps). The 2N5 Coy NCC of 7 Kar Battalion of Jain College established in the year 1996 has been adjudged the Best Institution' in Karnataka, Kerala and Goa for 10 times in 15 years. More than 25 cadets have been commissioned and one officer in the Indian Armed Forces.
NSS: Not Me But You" the motto of NSS reflects the essence of democratic living and upholds the need for self-less service. Jain College encourages students to volunteer and be a part of this social wing. Jain College has the rare distinction of being honoured with the Best Institution award and Best Program Officer award by the State Government.
Technology Enabled Classrooms: The spacious classroom design incorporates the latest technologies including video cameras for conferencing and recording, screens with projection equipment and ports for laptops. The classrooms are also tailored to Its Innovative curriculum and interactive learning methods. The ergonomics and acoustics are well planned for student's convenience.
Computer Labs: Jain College fosters an environment in which research and development are integrated into every individual student by the best technology the country can offer The high-tech computer labs comprises 15 inch TFT monitors, high configuration PC's. 24X7 internet facilities
Seminar Hall: Seminar Hall Jain College has an air-conditioned, built-in theatre style seminar hell which is frequently used by faculty and students in conducting seminars, student club activities, recruitment exercises, theatres and plays etc.
SBMJC, VV Puram (Evening) Faculty
- There are total 33 faculties in the VV Puram branch. The main motive of faculty is to provide best guidance to their students.
- The faculty are selected with the right intention. They are not selected based on their teaching and academic skills alone. They are preferred by their Interpersonal interaction. Sensitivity to the students’ needs and the way they make themselves available to the current educational scenario in boosting the student fraternity in the right way.
- Regular reviews are maintained to keep a tab on the performance of the teachers and are accordingly assisted to improve.
- They are also given regular sessions of Faculty Development Programs (FOP'S), workshops. and suppose to make them better at what they do. They are motivated to be dependable guides to mentor students in their everyday choices, given the fact that they both spend a considerable amount of time every day.
Click here SBMJC, VV Puram (Evening) Faculty
Ques. Does this college provide placements?
Ques. What is the selection criterion for PUC programs offered by SBMJC?
Ques. What is the eligibility criterion for PUC admissions?
Ques. What is the selection criteria and selection procedure for B.Com course?