Balurghat College is a reputed educational institution in Dakshin Dinajpur, West Bengal. The college was established on September 8, 1948, under Kolkata University. Presently, the college is affiliated to the University of Gour Banga from the academic year since 2008-2009.
Balurghat College offers BA, B.Sc. and B.Com programs in both General and Honors subjects. The intake capacity for each program differs from course to course.
- Candidates can apply through Balurghat College’s online admission process.
- Candidates with 40% aggregate marks and 50% or above are eligible for admission to Honors programs.
- For SC / ST Candidates, either 40% in grand total and pass marks in Honors seeking subject, or 35% in grand total and 50% in Honors seeking subject is mandatory.
- Only State Level and National Level Boards in regular mode will be allowed to take admission in Honors/ General courses as per UGB.
- Candidates are selected on the basis of merit. The merit score computation formula is: [Subject opted for honors + best five including English] / 6
- If the opted honors subject is not in 10+2, the grand total of the best five subjects including English is divided by 6.
- 5% and 10 % merit point will be deducted from total merit points credited to the students who have passed 10+2 or equivalent examinations in the previous two years respectively.
Check: Courses and fee structure offered by Balurghat College
Balurghat College Admission Highlights
|Name of the College||Balurghat College|
|College Type||Govt. Aided|
|Basic Admission Criteria||Merit-based|
Balurghat College General Courses Admission 2020: BS, B.Sc and B.Com
Balurghat College offers General courses in the disciplines of Arts, Science and Commerce at the UG level. BA is offered in 12 specializations, B.Sc is offered in 7 specializations. A general B.Com degree is provided by the institute in the field of Commerce.
The basic eligibility criteria for admission to these programs is a pass in 10+2 or equivalent exam. Selection of candidates is done on the basis of marks obtained in the last qualifying exam.
|Course Name||Specialization||Eligibility Criteria||Selection Process|
|BA||Geography||10+2/ Equivalent exam from a recognized board with passing marks in all subjects||Merit in the qualifying examination|
|Journalism & MC|
- Journalism & Mass Communication/ Sociology/Nutrition classes for General course are held between 07.00 A.M. to 10.00 A.M.
- Candidates of Vocational courses can get admission only in BA (General) or B.Com. (General) courses.
- Computer Sc., Ph. Education, Nutrition and Journalism and Mass Communication are Self-financed Courses.
Balurghat College BA (Hons.), B.Sc (Hons.) and B.Com (Hons.) Admission 2020
Balurghat College also offers Honors programs at the undergraduate level in the fields of Arts, Science and Commerce. BA (Hons) is offered in 10 specializations, B.Sc (Hons) is offered in 6 specializations. A B.Com Honors program is also offered by the college under the Dept. of Commerce.
The basic eligibility criteria for admission to the honors program is minimum 45 percentile marks at 10+2 level along with passing marks in the honors subject. Selection of candidates is strictly on the basis of merit.
|Course Name||Intake||Specialization||Eligibility Criteria||Selection Process|
|BA (Hons.)||109||Bengali||A minimum aggregate (best 5 subjects) of 45% marks in 10+2/ H.S. + Pass in the Honors seeking subject||Merit in the qualifying examination|
- Candidates seeking admission in Physics/ Chemistry/Mathematics Honors will have to pass the other two subjects in H.S. or equivalent (10+2) Examination.
- Candidates seeking Honors in Zoology/ Botany will have to pass in Chemistry in H.S. or equivalent exam.
- Computer Science candidates must have passing marks in Physics and Mathematics in 10+2.
- Candidates belonging to Science stream in 10+2 may opt for Honors in any stream.
- Candidates belonging to Commerce stream in 10+2 may opt for honors in Commerce or Arts Streams.
- Candidates belonging to Arts stream in 10+2 may opt for Honors in Arts stream only.
Balughat College Application Process 2020
Prospective candidates can apply for any of the courses offered by Balurghat College by visiting its online admission portal. The detailed process of application is as follows:
- All requisite particulars including Full Name, HS or 10+2 Stream and other details, caste, Year of passing etc. should be filled correctly.
- Under Academic Details, the applicant has to enter a few characters of the Subject Name and select the most suitable subject from the available drop-down list.
- Theory and practical marks are to be entered separately. The aggregate percentile of marks and the best 5 percentiles will be automatically calculated.
- The applicant will have to choose their stream, type and subject combination from “Select Your Preferred Courses” tab.
- The Personal details of the applicant will have to be entered following which a Mandatory Preview will appear.
- After entering all the data, the form can be submitted online by clicking the Confirm button.
- Upon successful submission, a unique application number is displayed. The applicant has to save the application number for future references. Also, a print out of the application form must be preserved by the candidate.
- Clicking on the ‘Click to Apply for another Subject’ allows the applicant to select another combination.
- The applicant must visit the student’s area on the home page for payment of application fees.
- The application fees can be paid using various online payment methods such as credit/ debit card, net-banking etc. through SBI Collect. Challan payment can also be done through SBI Collect.
- Original & Xerox copy of H.S. Marksheet (self-attested)
- Original & Xerox copy of M.P. Admit (self-attested)
- Original & Xerox copy of SC/ ST/ OBC-A/ OBC-B/ PH Certificate, (self- attested) if applicable.
- Application Form
- Admission Acceptance Form
- Receipt copy of Admission Fee
- Passport size photographs (2 copies)
*The article might have information for the previous academic years, which will be updated soon subject to the notification issued by the University/College