Bankura Zilla Saradamani Mahila Mahavidyapith is a non-government private girls’ college in the district of Bankura, West Bengal. It is the only girl’s college in the Bankura District established in 1973 under the University of Burdwan. The college has been accredited ‘A’ grade by NAAC It offers various courses under the graduate and postgraduate programs across Science and Arts streams. Admission is based on the merit scored in the previous qualifying examination.
Bankura Zilla Saradamani Mahila Mahavidyapith Highlights
|Established | Type||1973 | Private|
|Courses offered||UG and PG across Science and Arts stream|
|Facilities Available||Hostel, NSS, Library, and Laboratory|
Bankura Zilla Saradamani Mahila Mahavidyapith Courses
The college offers a number of courses under various specializations in UG and PG courses. Tabulated below are the details for the same:
|B.A.||Geography, Political Science, Bengali, Sanskrit, History, English, Economics, Philosophy, Music, and Education.||3 years|
|B.Sc||Mathematics and Economics at present. Physics and Chemistry (Proposed)||3 years|
Note: The college also offers M.A in Distance Education in 5 subjects i.e. Bengali, English, Geography, History, Music
BZSM College offers admission only to students from WBCHSE/CBSE/ISC board of education. Students belonging from SC/ST or any unreserved category need to show their valid documents at the time of admission. Students opting for BA or BSC (Honors or General) must have at least 45% in aggregate in their Intermediate.
Tabulated below are the reserved seats as offered by BZSM College as per the West Bengal Government.
|Caste||Reserved percentage of seats|
Know more BZSM College Courses & Fees
BZSM College Admission
Students need to follow the online procedure as per the instruction of the Department of Higher Education, Govt. of West Bengal. Admission will be based on the merits obtained by the students in the last qualifying exam.
- Students need to register their name on the given website www.saradamanicollegebankura.org.
- They must fill up the mandatory fields on the website and provide required details like personal details, educational details and other qualifications accurately.
- Stipulated registration fees of INR 150 (excluding banking charges) should be made on the specific payment gateway.
- Students have to fill separate registration forms for either General and Honors or for any one.
Post registration process, students have to wait for the result in the provisional merit list. Fees will be submitted after the verification of documents and the final merit list. Verification of all the testimonials and other documents will be conducted in the college campus.
Click here BZSM College Admission
Bankura Zilla Saradamani Mahila Mahavidyapith Placements
BZSM College has a devoted placement cell for its students. It provides placement aid so that the students get the best job opportunity. The dedicated placement cell conducts personality enhancement and grooming sessions for its students in areas like behavior skills, interview facing skills and overall personality development of students. All these efforts by the placement cell of Bankura Zilla Saradamani Mahila Mahavidyapith have improved the placement of these students over the years.
Know more BZSM College Placement
BZSM College Scholarship
BZSM College helps students for scholarships under several state and national institutions and corporations. Free and Half-free Scholarship is granted to students as per the government rules and recommendation of the committee constituted. Scholarship needs to be applied with proper application accompanied by an income certificate of the guardian.
Check BZSM College Scholarship
Bankura Zilla Saradamani Mahila Mahavidyapith Faculty
BZSM College is one of the esteemed all girls non-government private colleges with highly qualified professors. It has a faculty of over 40 esteemed professors and more than 20 people as their working staff.
Read more BZSM College Faculty
Bankura Zilla Saradamani Mahila Mahavidyapith Facilities
BZSM College being an all girls private college ensures security for its students. It has two NSS wings along where students develop their personalities through serving the community. Co-Curricular activities like debate, music and quiz competition etc. are held under the cultural program every year.
- Library: Library is fully computerized allowing students to issue and return books in an easy manner. A total of 26,000 books are available for the students. Facilities of e-books and e-journals are available for the students. BZSM College has adopted lending of books through an online digitized system.
- Classrooms: Smart Classrooms are designed for easy integration of students with the existing classroom technology. Teachers provide interactive e-learning resources to the students through LCD projectors and Interactive learning software.
- Labs: Laboratories of Geography, Physics, Chemistry & Computer/Mathematics are available for the students. BZSMM is planning to start some well equipped new labs in the near future.
- Hostel: The hostel can accommodate 159 students - old and new hostel taken altogether. Seats are filled purely on the basis of merit. The students have to pay hostel accommodation for 12 months.
Bankura Zilla Saradamani Mahila Mahavidyapith FAQs
Ques. Is BZSM College a government college?
Ans. BZSM College is a private college for girls only. It was once undertaken in the Government sponsor scheme but isn't a government college.
Ques. How is the placement cell of BZSM College?
Ans. BZSM College has a devoted placement cell which looks after the overall development of the students. It carries out various personality development sessions for the students and trains the students well to face the professional world. This cell is guided by very efficient and knowledgeable teachers.
Ques. What are the fees and approximate living expenses in BZSM College?
Ans. BZSM College is a very affordable college. It offers various facilities in its limited fee structure. The fees to be paid during the admission includes the hostel fee as well as the academic fee. For getting an admission in BA first year a sum of INR 2,715 + 6910 (hostel fee) is the fees structure. To apply for Bsc the fees is INR 2,960. For the BA and BSc honor courses the fees is INR 2,990 and 3,235. The fee structure for the new hostel is INR 8110.
Ques. Does BZSM College have a good faculty and teaching facilities?
Ans. BZSM College has an excellent teaching staff with all well qualified and trained teachers. The faculty members are specialized in their respective departments and pay personal attention to the students. They take regular classes and turn out to give the best results which attracts a number of students.