Established in 1883, T.N.B College is a constituent college of T.M. Bhagalpur University. The college is a very prominent institution and is located in Bhagalpur which joins two important cities, Patna and Kolkata. At present the college offers undergraduate courses in almost all fields of Science and Arts. In addition, it also offers PG and research level courses in some disciplines. The college has been accredited grade ‘A’ by NAAC.
The college provides all the basic facilities to its students such as, hostels, labs, library, hall, gymnasium, etc. within its lush green campus spread in acres of land. The college has a glorious past of more than 130 years and continues to outshine in terms of education and co-curricular development of its students.
T.N.B. College Highlights
The interested students can get a glance of the institute through the following points:
|Established I Institute type||1883 I Public|
|Affiliated to||T.M. Bhagalpur University (TMBU), Bhagalpur|
|Courses offered||UG, PG and Doctoral|
|Popular Courses||B.Sc, BA, BCA|
|Application Mode||Online and offline|
|Facilities Available||Hostel, gym, library, sports stadium, etc.|
T.N.B. College Courses
The college offers both UG and PG courses in different fields. It also offers intermediate level courses. The basic eligibility and duration are tabulated below:
|Course Name||Specializations||Basic Eligibility||Duration|
|B.Sc (Hons.)||Botany||10+2 (Science stream)||3 years|
|B.A. (Hons.)||Political Science||10+2 (Arts stream)||3 years|
|BCA||Computer Application||10+2||3 years|
|M.A.||Political Science||Graduation||2 years|
|PhD||Botany||Post graduation||Minimum 3 years|
Read more: TNB Courses & Fees
T.N.B. College Admission
The college offers many UG and PG courses as well as PhD courses in some areas.
- The students have to fill any application form either online or they can take it from the college office.
- After that, the college releases merit lists based on the student’s marks in the qualifying examinations.
- The students who make it to the merit list are then called for counseling the college.
T.N.B. College Placements
The college does not provide any placement or job guarantee but the college does prepare its students so that they can find relevant jobs in public or private sector or can either go for higher studies. The college. The College has a career counselling cell for the students which guide them on various employment avenues available to them as per their qualifications.
T.N.B. College Scholarships
The college offers many scholarships to meritorious and needy students. These scholarships are offered by the Central Government and the Government of Bihar to various categories such as SC, ST, OBC, EWS, etc. categories.
Read more: TNB Scholarship
T.N.B. College Facilities
The college provides all the basic facilities to its students in its campus only. The infrastructure of the campus is quite well built with facilities like:
- Library: The College has more than 86,000 books and journals which are accessible to students and staff on all working hours. They can also issue the books from the library for reference. Recently, e-Library has also been opened for the students and it is equipped with Wi-Fi facility. The library has spacious reading rooms for the staff as well as the students.
- Hostel: The College offers hostels for both boys and girls but due to increase in the number of students, it is able to serve about 10% of the students with accommodation facility.
- Gymnasium and Stadium: The College has a well equipped gymnasium with all the modern equipments and a stadium for organizing all kinds of ports activities.
- Cafeteria: The College has a well maintained, hygienic, airy Cafeteria.
Apart from these, many other facilities like students' common Room, spacious classrooms, labs, banks, etc. are also provided by the college.
T.N.B. College Faculty
The faculty of T.N.B. College is highly qualified and experienced in their respective subjects of teaching. Most of them have their master’s degree from very prominent institutes and believe in overall development of students. The faculty also heads various departments, clubs and societies. The college is headed by principle S.K. Chaudhary who keeps on bringing new development to the college and administers it very well.
Read more: TNB Faculty
Ques. What kinds of social service activities are organized by the college?
Ans. The College actively takes part in social service through various activities and programmes like Literacy Campaign, Blood Donation, Child Immunization Programme, AIDS awareness, Eye Camp etc.
Ques. Is residing in hostels compulsory?
Ans. No, staying is hostel is not compulsory. Students can opt to daily come to college by their own means. However Hostel facility is available if students want to opt for hostels but due to limited space, not all students can be accommodated in hostels. So, they have to attend college as day scholars.
Ques. Does the college engage in any extracurricular activities apart from academics?
Ans. Yes, extra-curricular activities like elocution, debates, games, sports, fine arts, music, and drama are continuously supported by the college authorities. Many clubs and societies help in organizing these activities throughout the year.
Ques. What documents are needed at the time of counseling?
Ans. The documents needed are:
- Class X and XII marksheets
- Proof of identity
- Migration Certificate
- Character Certificate
- Graduation marksheet (if applying for PG courses)
- Caste certificate (if applicable)
Ques. What are the researches oriented works undertaken by the college?
Ans. The College focuses on R&D and conducts seminars, symposium, conference, interaction, project-work regularly.