Bapujee College was established in 1970. It came into existence as a result of the untiring effort of the some of the great person with great vision of the greater sarukshetri and paul mouza of barpeta District of Assam. These founding fathers realized the utter need to start a college for providing the qualified and willing teenagers with higher education in this economically backward area and consequntly Bapujee College came into reality in 1970. Bapujee College is an important institution of higher education under Guwahati University in Assam having eleven full-fledged departments in Arts faculty and imparting higher education to the rural students majority of which are from rural background and creating an ambiance in which students have been able to attain moral and spiritual upliftment as well.From 2008 Bapujee College has been conducting a study center of Krishna Kanta Handique State Open University
- The institution was accredited by NAAC.
- On 20th and 21st December 2004 and awarded ‘B+’ Grade.
- Since 2008, Bapujee college has been conducting a study centre of Krishna kanta handique state open university
National Service Scheme:
There is a unit of National Service Scheme (NSS) in the college. A programme officer is selected from the teachers and hundred student volunteers consist the NSS unit. The NSS unit organises two types of camps for developing and creating social awareness.
- It is made up of 3 rooms
- More than 10000 books on different fields
- It also contains periodicals like journals and magazines