Tufanganj Mahavidyalaya, Cooch Behar is the oldest college in the sub-division of Tufanganj under the district of Cooch Behar. It was established in 1971. The college offers BA, B.Sc and B.Com in the disciplines of Arts, Law/Humanities, Sciences, and Commerce/Banking.
- Candidates must apply online from the admission portal of the Tufanganj Mahavidyalaya.
- To apply, candidates must have passed 10+2 or equivalent exam from a recognized board.
- For Honors degree, candidates must have 55% marks in the aggregate, or 50% marks in the aggregate and 60% marks in the subject opted for in the qualifying examination.
- For B.Sc. courses, candidates must have Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics and/or Biology as subjects in 10+2.
- Selection is based on the merit in the qualifying exam and as per the cut-off list released by the college.
- 22% and 6% seats are reserved for candidates belonging to SC and ST categories.
Tufanganj Mahavidyalaya Admission Highlights
|Name of the college||Tufanganj Mahavidyalaya|
|Affiliated with||North Bengal University|
|College type||State Government|
|Basic admission criteria||Merit-based|
Tufanganj MahavidyalayaAdmission Schedule 2019 (Apply Now)
|Availability of application forms||June 03, 2019|
|Last date to submit the application forms||Jun 10, 2019|
Tufanganj Mahavidyalaya BA, B.Sc and B.Com Admission 2019
Tufanganj College offers BA (Hons) in 9 specializations, BA (General) degree in 10 specializations, B.Sc (Hons) degree in Botany and Zoology, B.Sc (General) in 6 specializations, and a B.Com course at the UG level.
Candidates must have passed 10+2 or equivalent exam from a recognized board to be eligible to apply for BA and B.Com degree program. For B.Sc. program, candidates must have passed 10+2 with Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics and/or Biology as subjects in Class XII. Apply for UG Courses
For Honors degree, minimum 55% marks in aggregate, or 50% marks in the aggregate and 60% marks in the subject opted for Honors in the qualifying examination are required.
Selection is done on the basis of merit in the qualifying examination. The merit list will be prepared on the basis of marks obtained in one language subject, subject opted for Honors and best marks in other two subjects.
|Course||Specialization||Eligibility Criteria||Selection Process|
|BA (Honors and General)||Bengali||10+2 or equivalent exam from a recognized board (55% marks in aggregate, or 50% marks in the aggregate and 60% marks in the subject opted for Honors degree)||Merit in the qualifying examination|
|Education (only Regular degree)|
- 1% relaxation in cut-off is permitted to all girl candidates.
- Relaxation of 10% will be given for SC/ST candidates in the qualifying examination.
- Marks obtained in Physical Education, Music, Painting, Commercial Art, Sculpture, Agriculture, Typing/Shorthand, etc. are not considered as a part of the aggregate.
- In the case of eligibility to apply for admission to Honors courses, 54.5% marks or above shall be treated as 55% marks, 49.5% or above shall be treated as 50% and 59.5% marks or above shall be treated as 60%.
- Geography will be given only to candidates applying for Regular Program.
- Candidates who have obtained 60% marks in Geography at 10+2 level can only apply for Geography as an Elective Subject.
- Selection of candidates will be done on the basis of marks obtained in Geography at 10+2 level.
- Candidates may apply for Honors and Regular Programs in a single application form.
Tufanganj Mahavidyalaya Application Process 2019
Aspirants looking for admission in Tufanganj College are required to apply in online mode. They are required to register online through the official website. Here are the steps to apply:
- Visit the official website of the college.
- First-time users have to register by clicking on ‘New User Signup’ option in the new user section.
- After completion of the registration process, a verification email and SMS will be sent to candidates’ email ID and mobile number.
- Click on the ‘Confirm registration’ link.
- Log in again to the UG admission portal by clicking on the ‘Registered User’ link.
- In the ‘Registered User’ section, click on the ‘Apply Now’ tab.
- Provide basic details like name, DOB, address, academic details and the category under which they are going to apply.
- After entering the personal details, applicants are required to choose the course which they want to pursue according to their eligibility.
- Applicants can choose more than one course at the time of application.
- Upload the documents, fill the details asked in the application form and submit the same.
Documents to be uploaded
- Self-attested copy of board examination certificate of Class X mark sheet
- Self –attested copy of provisional certificate of Class XII-mark sheet
- Scanned copy of Photograph and Signature
- Community certificate, SC/ST/OBC (as assigned by competent authority)
- Self-attested copy of income certificate, in case of OBC non-creamy layer (if applicable)
- Migration Certificate, if applicable
- One copy of recent passport size photograph to be affixed in the admission form
Note: Candidates who meet the cut-off will have to make the fee payment at the designated center/portal. After submitting the prescribed fees for admission, candidates should report at the college to complete the admission process.
- After submitting the fees for admission to the bank. It is mandatory for candidates to report at the college for the verification of his/her mark sheets and certificates, failing to which his/her candidature will be canceled.
- Candidates have to be present in-person during the document verification.
- Admission will be canceled if it is in contravention of University Regulations and any rules framed by the college authority, or for any falsification of facts on the part of the candidate, even though detected afterward.
*The article might have information for the previous academic years, which will be updated soon subject to the notification issued by the University/College