Basirhat College has started its journey on 16th November, 1947. The college was affiliated to the University of Calcutta but with the formation of West Bengal State University in 2008, it is now affiliated to this new University. The institution has accommodated a huge number of students, coming from villages and towns to obtain their bachelor degree in Arts, Science and Commerce. The prime motive of college is to provide higher education and create a society where the educated youth will be pioneers in its struggle against ignorance, illiteracy and other social evils. The college has celebrated its Golden Jubilee in 1996.
Basirhat College Admission
The college offers UG courses in various disciplines and PG course in Bengali. Admission requirements to get enrolled are listed below:
- UG: Students who have qualified Higher Secondary or Equivalent examination with stipulated admission criteria set up by the College Admission Committee are eligible to apply. Final admissions are based on the merit list.
- PG: Student must have passed 10+2+3 system in Bengali Honours in graduation are eligible to apply. Final admissions are based on the merit list.
Know more Basirhat College Admissions
Basirhat College Courses
Basirhat College offers UG courses in various disciplines and PG course in Bengali. Details for the same are tabulated below:
|B.A Hons & B.A Gen.||English|
|Accounting and Finance ACCA|
Click here Basirhat College Courses
Basirhat College Facilities
- Library: The Morning Library area is approx 700 sq.ft. with good reading room facilities and good collection of reading and reference books. The Central Library of the college has an area of approx 2593 sq.ft. with adequate reading room space and an excellent collection of reading and reference books and journals along with internet facilities. The college has provided a separate Bengali Library for its students.
- Canteen: The canteen of the college provide tea and tiffin services to the students at an affordable price.
- Hostel: The college provides Hostel facility for boys. It is located 2 Kilometres away from the campus.
- Health Home: The college is associated with the Basirhat branch of Student’s Health Home located at Basirhat Town School. Each student is a member of this branch and can avail the facilities rendered by S.H.H.
Basirhat College Activities
- The institute has started the Career Counselling Program for students to advise them to take the right decision related to their goals and future objectives.
- The college has organized a Remedial Coaching Programme in which special classes are held for underprivileged students of the college. A large number of students belonging to socially and economically backward classes have been benefited by this programme.
- The N.S.S unit of college is under the Department of Youth Affairs and Sports, Ministry of H.R.D and Government of India. Every year 100 students are admitted. It is used to organize various social service programmes throughout the year. The college unit has represented Calcutta University in three National Integration camps held at Cuttack, Shillong & Amritsar.
- About 160 boys and 55 girls students are trained regularly under 48 Bengal battalion. Its N.C.C cadets has participated in national Republic Day parade in New Delhi several times.