The Asian Institute of Public Health (AIPH) is one of the leading public health research and training centres in the state of Odisha. The institute was set-up in 2008 in the city of Bhubaneswar to address the demand of quality healthcare facilities and fill the void of well-trained public health professionals in this region of the country.
The institute was established with the collaboration of distinguished physicians and public health researchers from various medical institutions in India as well as USA. AIPH Bhubaneswar offers US based quality education and has a high placement ratio for the passouts, receiving employment in various domains of public health services from esteemed organizations around the world.
Centres: The institute comprises of the following centers for providing healthcare facilities as well as imparting quality education to the aspiring medical professionals:
- Center for Disease Epidemiology and Surveillance (CDES)
- Center for Evnironment and Occupational Health (CEOH)
- Maternal and Child Health Center (MCHC)
- Health Promotion and Behavioral Health Center (HPBHC)
- Center for Translational Research (CTR)
- Model Rural Health Research Center (MRHRC)
- Center for Health and Public Policy (CHPP)
- Center for Elderly Health (CEH)
- Chronic Disease Center (CDC)
Short term programs offered by the institute by AIPH:
The institute strives to become an excellent platform for public health education and research by offering various professional full-time programs for the aspiring medical professionals. It also offers Executive Development Programs (2 weeks duration) in various domains of healthcare such as:
- EDP on “Surveillance, Epidemic Preparedness and Response”
- EDP on “Biostatistics and Research Methodologies”
- EDP on “Biomedical Waste Management and Handling”
- EDP on “Good Clinical Practice (GCP) in Clinical Research”
- Executive Seminar Series on “Emerging Issues in Public Health”
Prominent Recruiting Organizations for AIPH:
With a high-placement rate, the graduates are hired by some of the best public health organizations which hold an insight in healthcare facilities across the globe. Some of the major recruiting companies for the AIPH graduates are:
- UNICEF (United Nations International Children's Emergency Fund)
- UNFPA (United Nations Fund for Population Activities)
- ICMR (Indian Council Of Medical Research)
- Department of Science and Industrial Research.
- University of Nebraska Medical Center- USA.
- University Of California- Davis- USA.
- Duke University- USA
Major Collaborators of AIPH Bhubaneswar:
- Government of India
- NRHM (National Rural Health Mission)
- ICMR - India
- Ravenshaw University, Odisha
- University of Nebraska Medical Centre
- LSHTM, UK
- Norwegian Institute of Public Health
AIPH Bhubaneswar Researches:
The institute is one of the leading medical research facility in the state and undertakes major investigative studies in the field of healthcare. Some of the ongoing and recently concluded research projects conducted by AIPH are:
- Aetiology of Neonatal Infection in Southeast Asia (ANISA)
- Assessment of the health services at the vulnerable Sub-Centres of Odisha
- To assess the Health Status of Particularly Vulnerable Tribal Groups (PVTGs) of Odisha, India
- Analysis of National Vector-borne Disease Control Programme data of Odisha and publishing the results
- Life course approach for exploring the impact of sanitation access and menstrual hygiene management on psychosocial stress, behaviour, and health among girls, women, and neonates in Odisha (Orissa), India
Scholarships at AIPH:
The institute also offers scholarships to the eligible candidates in various PG courses as per the guidelines of the College trust, State Government and Central Government.