College of Engineering Vadakara, Kerala was formerly known as the Co-operative Institute of Technology. CEV Vadakara offers UG and PG engineering courses to students through B.Tech and MCA degrees. There are a total of 6 specializations in B.tech namely, Civil, Computer Science, Electrical and Electronics, Electronics and Communication, Electronics & Instrumentation, and Information Technology. Admission to the college is entrance and quota-based. To apply for admission, students must fill the application form online on the official website and submit the completed form at the campus.
Graduates from the college are placed in top-notch companies such as Infosys, Infotech, Amazon, Wipro, TCS, etc. with a handsome amount of money as their salary package.
Check More College of Engineering Vadakara Cut off
College of Engineering Vadakara Highlights
|Established | Type||1999 | Government|
|Accreditation||B+ by the National Assessment and Accreditation Council (NAAC)|
|Approved and Recognized by||All India Council for Technical Education|
|Affiliation||APJ Abdul Kamal Technological University, Thiruvananthapuram (Kerala Technological University)|
|Courses offered||B.Tech and MCA|
|Facilities||Transportation, Hostel, Library, Sports, Canteen, Store (Co-operative store)|
|Courses||B.Tech & M.C.A.|
|Location||College of Engineering Vadakara, Mandarathore (Post), Vadakara, Kozhikode, Kerala|
College of Engineering Vadakara Courses
The college provides undergraduate and postgraduate courses. The undergraduate courses include branches of Bachelor of Technology (B.Tech.) The list is as follows:
|Computer Science and Engineering||Undergraduate||63|
|Electrical and Electronics Engineering||Undergraduate||63|
|Electronics and Communication Engineering||Undergraduate||63|
|Electronics and Instrumentation Engineering||Undergraduate||30|
|Master of Computer Applications (M.C.A.)||Post-Graduate||60|
College of Engineering Vadakara Admissions
The admission in this college depends upon the rank obtained in the Common Entrance Exam by the Commissioner of Entrance Examination (CEE), Kerala. There are 60% seats reserved for the students entering through the Common Entrance Exam by CEE, 35% seats reserved for the Management Quota, and the rest 5% for the NRI Students.
Pre-requisites for seeking admission in this college are:
- Candidates should have 50% marks in mathematics and an average of 50% in Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics in 10+2 examination
- Candidates who have a Diploma in Engineering completed the 3-year course and have 50% in the final Diploma examination.
How to Apply?
- The candidates who wish to seek admission in this college, need to download the form available on the official website of the college.
- After the form has been filled, they need to submit the form directly in the college with necessary documents (mentioned in the form) during the college hours.
- Also, only those candidates who fulfill the requirements stated above can apply for admission.
- The admission would totally depend on the merit the applicant has scored.
- Those who fulfill all the conditions are then admitted to the college.
College of Engineering Vadakara Facilities
- Transportation: Students traveling from distant areas are provided with transport facilities. The college provides bus services to not only students but also to the staff.
- Library: The college has a library that offers a variety of books and journals for efficient studies of the students. They also have Book-Bank and Home-issue services available for the convenience of the students.
- Sports: The college supports co-curricular activities. It has a sports club for students. They strongly believe that the overall development of students is a must.
- Store: The college has a Co-operative store within its campus for the convenience of students as well as the faculty. The store also has a cafeteria that serves refreshments and light eatables.
- Hostels: The college has hostel services for the students living in different cities or faraway from college. The hostel offers semi-furnished, well-equipped rooms and basic necessities for the students.
- Faculty: The faculty of this college is very good. They have a total strength of 56 professors. These professors are very well trained and are highly knowledgeable. The majority of them hold a degree or Ph.D. in their respective fields. All of them have passed out from renowned colleges and have merit in their fields. They also have unique techniques to help the students learn in a better way than they can easily understand and not forget anytime.
Read More: CEV Vadakara Hostel Fee
College of Engineering Vadakara FAQ
Ques. Are we offered internships?
Ans. Yes, apart from on-campus placements, the students in their initial years or even a bit later are offered internships. They are interns at renowned companies for a definite period. And the stipend they get is pretty good.
Ques. How is the management of the college?
Ans. The management of the college is quite good since it is under the Co-operative Academy of Professional Education (CAPE). Also they have an anti-ragging community to provide students a sense of security and so that they can freely express their views.
Ques. How do we apply for admission?
Ans. You need to download the form from the college website. The college will decide a date for the admissions, you need to submit the form and the necessary documents (mentioned in the form) on that day and enroll yourselves for admission.
Ques. Do they have a cultural committee in the college?
Ans. Yes, the college has a cultural committee. The students who wish to volunteer are free to enroll themselves for it. The cultural committee carries out various kinds of festivals and engaging programs to provide relief to the students from the burden of the studies
Ques. Do they have hostels for both girls and boys?
Ans. They do have hostels for girls. But for now, the boy’s hostel is not there. They have been planning on having a hostel for boys as well.