Dhanalakshmi Srinivasan Medical College and Hospital, popularly known as DSMC Perambalur, offers various courses at Undergraduate, Postgraduate, and Allied Health Science courses such as MBBS, MD, and B.Sc in various specializations. Admission to the courses is entrance-based. The UG and PG admissions are through NEET UG and NEET PG exams respectively. The Allied Health Sciences course admission is merit-based. Applicants looking for admission to the college must offline at the college website but for the NEET UG and PG entrance exam registration is online.
Dhanalakshmi Srinivasan Medical College Highlights
|Established | Type||2011 | Private|
|Affiliated to||The Tamil Nadu Dr. MGR Medical University, Chennai (MGR University)|
|Courses Offered||MBBS, B. Sc, MD, and MS|
|Selection criteria||Entrance and merit-based|
|Entrance Exam accepted||NEET UG and NEET PG|
|Facilities||Hostel, Library, Hospital, Auditorium, Gymnasium, etc.|
Dhanalakshmi Srinivasan Medical College Courses
It offers programs at both undergraduate and postgraduate levels. Tabulated below are the details for the same:
|MBBS||Duration: 5 years Eligibility: 50% marks in 10+2 in PCB Selection criteria: NEET UG Read More|
|MD||Duration: 2 years Eligibility: MBBS degree Selection criteria: NEET PG Specializations: Anatomy, Physiology, Biochemistry, Pharmacology, Pathology, Microbiology, and Community Medicine.|
|Allied Health Science Courses|
|B.Sc||Duration: 3 years Eligibility: 10+2 in Science stream Selection criteria: Merit-based Specializations: Accident and Emergency Care Technology, Cardiac Technology, Cardiopulmonary Perfusion Care Technology, Critical Care Technology, Dialysis Technology, Medical Laboratory Technology, Operation Theatre & Anaesthesia Technology, and Radiology & Imaging Technology. Read More|
Read More: Dhanalakshmi Srinivasan Medical College Fees
Dhanalakshmi Srinivasan Medical College Admissions
For admissions to the programs of DSMC, candidates must register and appear for the NEET UG and NEET PG as applicable. The admission process happens offline but the candidates must register themselves online for the NEET UG and NEET PG entrance examination.
How to apply?
Candidates must follow the following procedure in order to get admission at DSMC:
- Visit the official website.
- Download the application form by clicking on the ‘Admission’ tab
- Affix a passport-sized photograph to the form.
- Attach all the necessary documents.
- Submit the duly filled application form (with the documents ) at the admission office of the college.
Dhanalakshmi Srinivasan Medical College Scholarships
DSMC has scholarship possibilities for its meritorious and talented students. Students who wish to apply for the scholarships may apply s at the beginning of the academic year. The amount and number of the scholarships to be awarded are solely at the discretion of the college administration. The college management may offer a scholarship to a deserving candidate under the following mentioned categories.
- Category 1: College / University Merit Scholarships.
- Category 2: Students belonging to the economically weaker sections may apply for concession in fee (dispersal is on the discretion of the college administrations).
- Category 3: Merit & National Scholarships for brilliant students under Central & State Government programs.
Dhanalakshmi Srinivasan Medical College Facilities
The college provides the following facilities to its students:
- Hostel: Separate hostel facilities for boys and girls is available for the students
- Library: A fully equipped library is there for its students to avail its facilities
- Hospital: The college also has an attached hospital where the students can avail the services free of cost
- IT Infrastructure
- Sports room
Dhanalakshmi Srinivasan Medical College FAQs
Ques. Does the college have reservations?
Ans. Yes, the college has caste-based reservations as per the State and Central Government norms. The details of the same are mentioned below:
% of reserved seats
Ques. What are the documents required at the time of admissions?
Ans. The following documents are required at the time of admission:
- Class 10 and 10+2 mark sheets and passing certificate
- Migration Certificate
- Transfer Certificate
- Passport-sized photographs
- MBBS degree and mark sheets (if applicable)
- NEET UG/ NEET-PG Admit card and Score Card (as applicable)
- Completion certificate of compulsory internship (if applicable)
- Registration as Medical Practitioner under MCI (if applicable)
- Community Certificate (if applicable)
Ques. How are the hostels at the college?
Ans. The Institute has three girls hostels and two boys hostels. The rooms are well furnished and ventilated. Students have the option to live in single, double & triple occupancy modes. Hygienic & Nutritious food is cooked on the steam cooking facility and served in separate dining halls for Boys and Girls. A continuously treated drinking water facility caters to the inmates of the Campus.
Ques. How are results at Dhanalakshmi Srinivasan Medical College?
Ans. Dhanalakshmi Srinivasan Medical College results are announced online through the official website.