Established in 2005, Shri Vaishnav Institute of Law is one of the institutions run by ‘Shri Vaishnav Vidyapeeth’ trust. The institute is located in Indore, Madhya Pradesh and has been granted recognition by the Bar Council of India. The institute is affiliated to Devi Ahilya Vishvavidyalaya, Indore.
The institute offers legal education in many undergraduate and postgraduate courses such as BA LLB, BBA LLB, LLM, etc. The college is associated with CLAT (Common Law Admission Test) for the purpose of admission.
SVIL Indore Highlights
The interested students can get a glance of the institute through the following points:
|Established I Institute type||2005 I Private University|
|Location||Indore, Madhya Pradesh|
|Recognised by||Bar Council of India (BCI)|
|Affiliated to||Devi Ahilya Vishvavidyalaya, Indore|
|Courses offered||UG and PG|
|Popular Courses||BA LLB, BBA LLB, LLM|
|Facilities Available||Auditorium, Library, Sports Complex|
|Genders Accepted||Co- Ed|
SVIL Indore Courses Offered
The college offers both UG and PG courses in the field of law. At present the university is providing five courses. The age limit for the 5 year integrated courses is 20 years for General category and 22 years for SC/ST/OBCs. Details of same are given below:
|Course Name||Seats||Duration||Basic Eligibility|
|LLB (Hons.)||120||3 years||Graduation in any Discipline|
|BA LLB||120||5 years Integrated degree||10+2 Examination or equivalent|
|BBA LLB||60||5 years Integrated degree||10+2 Examination or equivalent|
|B.Com LLB||60||5 years Integrated degree||10+2 Examination or equivalent|
|LLM||30||2 years||LL.B. (Admission on merit basis)|
Read more: SVIL Indore Courses and Fees
SVIL Indore Admissions
The admission process for all the courses offered by Shri Vaishnav Institute of Law is through online mode only.
How to Apply?
- For the purpose of admission, the candidates have to register on-line on MP Govt. Portal (www.mphighereducation.nic.in). It is compulsory and only after which the candidate will be eligible for admission.
- After that, the candidates have to undergo verification of documents and allotment of seats.
- The candidate has to fill up the application form in the Institution for admission after on-line registration, verification of documents and allotment of seat.
- Application form for admission can be obtained on all working days from the office counter of Shri Vaishnav Institute of Law, Indore by the candidate personally on payment of INR 250 or they can download the application form from the college website and deposit the amount of INR 250 through crossed bank draft drawn in favor of Shri Vaishnav Institute of Law, payable at Indore.
- The Application forms can also be obtained by post on payment of INR 300.
- The fees will be deposited in the form of Cash /On-line Mode/ HDFC Challan at the office counter or Demand Draft (D.D.) drawn in favor of Shri Vaishnav Institute of Law, payable at Indore.
SVIL Indore Scholarships
SVIL Indore offers many scholarships to meritorious and needy students. Some of them are given below:
- Scholarship scheme for meritorious students at the time of admission: Students who top universities and boards and students who obtain good marks in 10+2 are awarded scholarship in terms of fee waivers.
- Scholarships to Employees’ children: Employees’ children of all the institutions sponsored by Shri Vaishnav Group of Trusts are granted 50% exemption in Annual Tuition Fee or Scholarship of Rs. 25000/- whichever is less.
- Scholarships to the students of the Institutions sponsored by Shri Vaishnav Group of Trusts: Students of all the Institutions (Including Schools) sponsored by Shri Vaishnav Group of Trusts will be required to pay 50% of annual Tuitions Fees or Scholarship of Rs. 25000/- whichever is less
- Scholarship Scheme for the children of defense personnel: Children of the Defence Personnel, who had sacrificed their lives during warfare /anti-terrorist or similar activity will be required to pay 50% of Annual Tuition Fees or Scholarship of Rs. 25000/-.
Read more: SVIL Indore Scholarship
SVIL Indore Facilities
The college provides all the basic facilities to its students in its campus only. The infrastructure of the campus is quite well built with facilities like:
- Library: The college library fulfills all the requirements of the ideal Law Library under the norms of Bar Council of India with various subject books, reference books, Journals and law magazines. The library remains open during all working hours and has a set of AIR manuals, Criminal law journal, SCC, Indian Bar Review, Corporate Law Advisor, M.P. Law Journal, Sajosps, Judgment and Law Today and selected journals with back 7 years volume. Along with this 4500 Text books of different law subjects and Central and Local Acts are also available.
- Sports facilities: The college provides excellent sports facilities to their students where they can build their personality through physical fitness and achieve national & International fame especially in indoor games Table Tennis, Badminton, Chess and in Carrom.
- Auditorium: The college has an ultra modern air-conditioned auditorium with an area of about 400 square meter and seating capacity of 230. Many seminars and symposia are conducted befitting international standards.
- Other facilities: Other facilities such as moot court, classrooms, infrastructural facilities, canteen, transport etc. are also provided by the college.
Read more: SVIL Indore Hostels
SVIL Indore Faculty
The college has an adequate number of highly qualified and experienced faculties which include 7 Ph.D.holders, 5 NET and 1 M.Phil. All the teachers are very efficient in manifestesting education not only in the classroom but also in all activities encompassing legal education. Prof. (Dr.) Binayak Patnaik is the Director/Principal of the college. Some of the faculty members are:
- Dr Ashutosh Tyagi
Qualification: B.Com, LLM, PhD (Law), UGC-NET (Law), MPSET (Law)
Designation: Associate Professor and Academic Controller
- Mrs Roopa Vijarwariga
Qualification: BSc, MCM, LLB, LLM, UGC-NET (Law)
Designation: Assistant Professor (Senior Scale)
- Dr. Usha Palhoeya
Qualification: DCA, MA, LLM, PhD (Law)
Designation: Assistant Professor
- Dr Naveen S Chauhan
Qualification: BA, LLB, LLM, PhD (Law)
Designation: Assistant Professor
Read more: SVIL Indore Faculty
SVIL Indore FAQs
Ques. What all career opportunities do students have after graduating from SVIL Indore?
Ans. The students at SVIL Indore can choose any of the following career options: Lawyer, Public Prosecutor, Judge, Notary, Arbitrator, Law Officer in Corporate/ Banking, Legal Marketing Consultant, Legal Publisher, Legal Professor in Academics, Law Firm Administrator, Law Expert, Litigation Support Professional, etc.
Ques. Is it compulsory for students to take hostel accommodation at SVIL Indore?
Ans. No, staying in a hostel is not compulsory at SVIL Indore. Students can opt to daily come to college by their own means. However Hostel facility is available if students want to opt for hostels.
Ques. Does SVIL Indore provide Distance education and part time programmes?
Ans. No, as of now SVIL Indore only offers full time courses for 3 years, 5 year and 2 year programmes at UG as well as PG level.
Ques. What are the extracurricular activities offered bySVIL Indore?
Ans. SVIL Indore offers many extra curricular activities such as symposium, workshops, cultural fests, legal aid camps, seminars, etc.
Ques. Is there any entrance exam conducted for admission at SVIL Indore?
Ans. No, the admission at SVIL Indore is done based on the marks obtained by students in the qualifying examinations and counselling.