JNEC Quick Update
May 21: MAH MCA CET Entrance Exam will be conducted on July 19
Jawaharlal Nehru Engineering College (JNEC) is listed at 5 among Top 10 private Engineering Colleges in India by AISEET 2019. JNEC Aurangabad is well-known for its B.E. (CSE) as it provides a good placement to its students. As per the recent placements of 2019, top reputed companies like Pin Click, Wipro Elite, Byju’s and TATA Consultancy Services Ltd. offered a salary package of INR 6 LPA to many CSE students.
Jawaharlal Nehru Engineering College Aurangabad offers B.E/ B.Tech, B.Arch, M.Tech, M.Arch, and MCA to its applicants in various specializations. Admission to all the courses is entrance-based and the cut off for the same is as follows:
- MH-CET: 100 for CSE (General)
- JEE Main: 13582-13582 for CSE (General)
- MAH-MCA-CET: 25 percentile for MCA (General)
Read More: Jawaharlal Nehru Engineering College cut-offs
|Established | Type||1983 | Private|
|Affiliated to||Mahatma Gandhi Mission University (MGMU)|
|Accredited by||NAAC with ‘A’ Grade|
|Courses offered | Type||UG and PG | Engineering and Architecture|
|Accepted exam scores||MH-CET, JEE Main, NATA, GATE, MAMI-MCA-CET/ MAH-MCA-CET|
|Application mode | Fee||Online | INR 1,000|
|Top recruiters||Pin Click, Wipro Elite, Byju’s and TATA Consultancy Services Ltd, etc.|
|Official website||https://www.jnec.org/ |
Fax no: 0240-2482235.
Jawaharlal Nehru Engineering College (JNEC) offers a total of 16 courses in the stream of Engineering. Given below are some details of the same:
|Electronics & Telecommunication Engineering ||120|
|Computer Science & Engineering||120|
|M.Tech (Civil-Structure Engg.)||18|
|M.Tech (Mech. Mfg. Engg)||18|
|M.Tech (Electronics Engg)||18|
|M.Tech (Electrical Power System)||18|
|M.Arch (Env. Arch.)||20|
The interim tuition fee for 2019-2020 is INR 1,23,000. The fee is subject to change, required changes depend on the declaration of Shikshan Shulkan Samiti.
Read More: Jawaharlal Nehru Engineering College Fee Structure
Admission to all the courses of Jawaharlal Nehru Engineering College is made on the basis of merits obtained in the qualifying entrance examinations. The entrance exams vary course to course. Following is the course-wise list of all the examinations required to take admission at JNEC Aurangabad:
- B.E./ B.Tech: Maharashtra Common Entrance Examination MHT-CET or JEE Main examination.
- B.Tech Lateral Entry: Merit + Common Admission Process.
- B.Arch: NATA (National Aptitude Test in Architecture).
- M.Tech: GATE and pre-qualifying examination.
- M.Arch: Merits in the pre-qualifying examination.
- MCA: MAMI-MCA-CET or MAH-MCA-CET.
Read More: Jawaharlal Nehru Engineering College Admission
- Department of Information Technology
- Department of Mechanical Engineering
- Department of Electrical and Electronics Engineering
- Department of Electronics and Telecommunication Engineering
- Department of Civil Engineering
- Department of Chemical Engineering
- Department of Computer Science Engineering
- Department of Instrumentation and Control Engineering
- Department of Biotechnology
- Department of Computer Application
The Training and Placement Office at JNEC works with the aim of facilitating the best career to students at national and multinational organizations. With the help of leading industry and academic experts, students are groomed for successful careers and more than 14,000 JNEC graduates are placed as leaders in multinationals across the globe. In the last one year, more than 100+ companies have already offered jobs and 300 plus students have been placed. The highest package being offered for the current academic year is Rs. 10 LPA.
Jawaharlal Nehru Engineering College has a placement office that aims at providing the best career opportunities to its Graduates. The office gives employment opportunities, professional training, and career guidance to its students. Placement office acts as a bridge between the students, alumni, and employers. Looking at the recent placement stats of 2018-19, students from almost all the branches got placed in well-reputed companies with a handsome amount of salary package. Below are highlights of the placement:
|CSE||Steinmetz Integrated Software Solutions||INR 2.6 LPA|
|CSE||TATA Consultancy Services Ltd.||INR 3.5 LPA|
|CSE||Inteliment Technologies Pvt. Ltd.||INR 2.5 LPA|
|CSE||Wipro Elite||INR 3.5 LPA|
|CSE||Kanerika Software Pvt. Ltd.||INR 4 LPA|
|CSE||TAVISCA||INR 6 LPA|
|CSE||Byju’s ||INR 6.5 LPA|
|ECT||TATA Consultancy Services Ltd., Wipro Elite, and Reliance Jio||INR 3.5 LPA|
|IT||TATA Consultancy Services Ltd., Wipro Elite, and Reliance Jio||INR 3.5 LPA|
|IT||Pin Click||INR 6.02 LPA|
|EEP||Allied Blenders and Distillers||INR 4 LPA|
|Mech||Atlas Copco Gecia||INR 5.1 LPA|
|Mech ||Pin Click||INR 6.02 LPA|
|Mech||Byju’s||INR 6.5 LPA|
|MCA||VyomLabs, Pune||INR 2.4 LPA|
|Chem||Lupin Ltd.||INR 3.5 LPA|
|Civil||Pin Click ||INR 6.02 LPA|
Read More: Jawaharlal Nehru Engineering College Placement
At JNEC, under the category of Engineering and Technology, the institute has 36 PhD faculty members in different disciplines. Most of the faculty members are guides for research scholars across India. Research papers of faculty are published in refereed international journals and conferences every year. These research papers have been highly cited by authors globally. They have also published books and chapters with international and national publishers. Faculty members have been recognized through various awards like Best HoD of the year, Best TPO of the year, Rajmata Jijau Puraskar, etc. They have been invited as a resource person or a keynote speaker in technical workshops, international conferences, etc. Faculty members are working on various research projects sponsored by UGC/DST/AICTE/University. Continued education and up-gradation in respective fields happen routinely with all faculty members as they attend training in reputed institutes at the international level.
- Total books available in the library are 61140 while 16801 are titles
- Subscribed 102 Journals and Magazines
- It has a sitting capacity of 600 Students
- DELNET online journals are 1150
- OPAC (Open Access Catalogue)
- There are three girls hostels and one boy's hostel available in the campus with accommodation for 494 girls student and 127 boys students
- AC room facilities also available
- Total institute level support of 780 computers
- The computer to student ratio as per actual students' intake is 1:2.3
- Wi-Fi network.
- National Service Scheme (NSS)
- Student Council
- SIA India Collegiate Club
- Photography Club