Manipal School of Architecture and Planning is a constituent of the Manipal Academy of Higher Education since its commencement in 1978 and was officially recognised as the 22nd institute of the Manipal Academy of Higher Education, Manipal, India. The institute has been ranked 12th in the Architecture category by NIRF ranking 2020, making it one of the many exemplary architectural colleges across India.
Manipal School of Architecture and Planning offers UG, PG and Certificate programs. Admissions are secured with respect to marks scored by candidates in national level and entrance examination, NATA and entrance examination conducted independently by the school. The college offers a plethora of facilities which include digitally- supported campus, modern classrooms and auditoriums, and architecture and planning laboratories and also ensures quality placements.
Manipal School of Architecture and Planning, Manipal Highlights
|Established | Institute Type||1978 | Private|
|Recognized by||Council of Architecture (COA), New Delhi|
|Set by||Manipal Academy of Higher Education|
|Entrance Exam||NATA/ GATE|
|Courses Offered||UG, PG and Certificate Courses|
|Popular Courses||B.Arch, B.Des|
|Admission Criteria||Merit and Entrance based|
|Facilities Available||Hostels, Canteen, Sports corner, Unisex salon, Medical corner|
|Official Website||MSAP, Manipal|
Manipal School of Architecture and Planning, Manipal Ranking
The institute is consistently ranked among top colleges in India. Below mentioned are some details:
|NIRF Architecture Rankings||12th||2020|
|NIRF Overall Rankings||14th||2020|
Manipal School of Architecture and Planning, Manipal Courses
|B.Des Lateral Entry||
Read More: MSAP Courses & Fees
Manipal School of Architecture and Planning, Manipal Admissions
MSAP provides admissions to its courses on the basis of merit or entrance exams. For B.Arch courses, candidates must have qualified NATA with minimum eligible scores. For M.Des in Sustainable Design, preference is given to GATE qualified candidates.
How to apply?
Students who wish to apply to MSAP may follow the steps given below for the admission process:
- Interested applicants can find the application form on the official website of the institute in the ‘Apply Now’ section.
- Applicants are required to register themselves using a unique Email ID and phone number and apply for the interested program.
- After registration and verification, applicants need to complete the application form with required academic and personal details.
- Upload the required documents such as transcripts, photograph, digital signature, SOP, POW and other documents in the prescribed format.
- Submit the form by paying the application fees of INR 600.
- Retain the payment confirmation for further reference
Manipal School of Architecture and Planning, Manipal Placements
Manipal School of Architecture and Planning has a well-organised placement team comprising faculty, students and the associate director which is responsible for the placement and Entrepreneurship opportunities for the students. On an average, 60 recruitment companies visit the campus during placement drives every year. The institute also has industry tie-ups and international collaborations. Industry tie-ups include Philips Healthcare, PIC, School of Information sciences and Department of Science and Technology, Government of India.
Read More: MSAP Placements
Manipal School of Architecture and Planning, Manipal Scholarships
MSAP offers numerous scholarships and financial aids for the students based on their merit, academic performance, financial background and various other parameters. Some of them are:
- Scholar and Achiever Scholarship for UG and PG Programmes: It is offered to UG students having 80% aggregate in their 10+2 level and to PG students having 70% aggregate in their undergraduate qualifying examination. Scholar scholarships are available for the entire program duration. Achiever scholarships are available for all the academic years except the first year and is based on the preceding year’s performance. Both the scholarships provide a 20% waiver on the course fee.
- Board Toppers Scholarships for UG programs: Top 3 students in their respective 10+2 boards are applicable for a 75% waiver on the course fee.
- SAGES Scholarship: It is applicable to students who have completed their 10+2 or graduation from any of the listed Academy of General Education (AGE) or Dr. TMA Pai Foundation institutions with at least 70% aggregate. Applicants under this category are eligible for 75% waiver on the course fee.
- Scholarship for Konkani Speaking Students: UG and PG students having Konkani as their mother tongue are eligible for 10% waiver on the course fee.
- Merit Scholarship for Children of MAHE Manipal Alumni
- 10% waiver on course fee are offered to children of MAHE Manipal Alumni who have 80% aggregate in their 10+2 levels for UG courses and 70% aggregate in their graduation for PG courses.
- Students are also eligible for education loans under Vidya Turant Scheme.
Read More: MSAP Scholarships
Manipal School of Architecture and Planning, Manipal Facilities
MSAP offers a plethora of facilities that cater to the needs of students as well as the faculties.
- Library: The library is equipped with both digital and print resources for students.
- Innovation Centre: The state of the art innovation centre provides students the opportunity to carry out multi-disciplinary research.
- Sports Facilities: MSAP provides world-class facilities for encouraging sports which includes courts for badminton, tennis, soccer and squash and a modern gymnasium.
- Wi-Fi Facilities: The entire 600 acre campus is Wi-Fi enabled.
Read More: MSAP Facilities
Manipal School of Architecture and Planning, Manipal Faculty
MSAP has well experienced and qualified faculty members which provide quality knowledge to its students. The Department of Design has an academic collaboration with Universal College of Learning of Palmerston North, New Zealand and consists of 14 faculty members with diverse academic and professional experience. The School of Architecture and Planning consists of 73 faculty members with 5 distinguished PhD holders. Some of them are:
- Athira T: Assistant Professor
- Ketki Sunil Darp: Assistant Professor
- Minal Harish Shetty: Assistant Professor
- Amarnath Sharma: Assistant Professor
- Arun Natarajan Hariharan: Assistant Professor
Read More: MSAP Faculty
Manipal School of Architecture and Planning, Manipal FAQs
Ques. What are the average fees for the Architecture courses offered by MSAP, Manipal?
Ans. The average fee for the Architecture courses is as follows:
- For B.Arch, the average course fee is INR 19,45,000
- For M.Arch, he average course fee is INR 3,36,000
However, students can also avail many scholarships provided by the institute. Financial aids and tuition fee waivers are also provided to the students based on their eligibility and other parameters.
Ques. Are there any internships offered by Manipal School of Architecture and Planning during the coursework?
Ans. All courses offered by the Manipal School of Architecture and Planning include compulsory internships for its students during the course duration. Students enrolled in Design courses have to complete a compulsory internship in their final semester. Students enrolled in B. Arch have to complete one year compulsory internship during their coursework.
Ques. When are the application forms released for admission to MSAP, Manipal? What are documents required during the time of an application?
Ans. The application forms are generally released in the month of June/ July and classes commence from the month of August/ September. Candidates are required to present a list of necessary documents which include government issued identity card (Aadhar/Passport/PAN card), necessary mark sheets (10+2, graduation results), Portfolio of work, statement of purpose and passport size photographs.
Ques. How many courses are offered by Manipal School of Architecture and Planning?
Ans. MSAP offers many UG and PG courses. Additionally, certificate courses and lateral entry courses are also offered by the institute. Below mentioned are the details:
- B.Des in Interior Design and Fashion design
- Lateral Entry B.Des in Interior Design and Fashion design
- MA in Fashion Management
- M.Arch Urban Design & Development
- M.Des in Interior Design and Sustainable Design
- Certificate Course in Fashion Management