Gopal Chandra Memorial College of Education is situated in Kolkata in West Bengal state of India. It was established in 1967. It is accredited by UGC, NCTE, NAAC and it is affiliated to West Bengal State University. GCMCOE, Kolkata offers B.Ed course, whose admission is based on merit list.
Gopal Chandra Memorial College Highlights
|Established/ Institute Type||1967 | PrivateUniversity|
|Approved by||By NCTE and affiliated to WBUTTEPA|
|Type of Institution||Co-Educational|
|Set by||Govt. of India|
|Entrance Exam||Common online admission test|
|Courses Offered||B.Ed. (Teacher's Training)|
|Admission Criteria||Merit base|
|Campus Area||2500 Sq. Mt.|
|Facilitates Available||Hostels, Library, Sports, Auditoriums, Health Centers, Equity opportunity cell|
Gopal Chandra Memorial College Courses Offered
|B. ED||· Specializations: Language Group, Social Science Group, Physical Science Group, Life Science Group, Mathematics · Duration: 4 years · Type: Full-Time
Gopal Chandra Memorial College Admissions
Admission to B.Ed. the course shall be based on Grade Points (as per marks obtained in different levels of examination). Also, College will strictly follow the NCTE, University, and Government norms.
How to Apply?
Below are the steps that candidate can follow while applying for admissions in B.Ed course:
- Visit the official website of GCMCOE.
- Make sure candidate had already download the information bulletin and ensure your eligibility for admission
- Download the online application form and fill up all the columns of the form, attach a photograph (scanned image) and scanned signature properly.
- Pay the application fee Rs.500 plus Bank Charges through Offline payment mode or Online Mode (Debit Card / Credit Card / Net Banking / Wallet Payment) facility.
Applicants must fill in carefully and accurately all the columns in the Application Form, failing which the application is rejected. The Application Form filled in should be accompanied by the following:
- A stamp size current color photo of the applicant should be affixed at the provided space and a signature also at the provided space.
- Selection for B.Ed. in this institution is done on the basis of marks obtained in the Graduate and Post Graduate level and NCTE norms.
- Selected candidates have to produce the ‘Original Mark Sheet’ and the relevant ‘Certificates’ along with the Application Form at the time of counseling.
Gopal Chandra Memorial College Cut-Offs
- SUBJECT- BENGALI
- SUBJECT- ENGLISH
- SUBJECT- EDUCATION
- SUBJECT- HISTORY
- SUBJECT- GEOGRAPHY
- SUBJECT- LIFE SCIENCE
- SUBJECT- PHYSICAL SCIENCE
Gopal Chandra Memorial College Facilities
- Library:- The Institute's Library provides a wide range of services and resources to its teachers and students. The Library actively supports the Institute's core activities such as preparing literature reviews, reviewing and writing theses assisting in content preparation for working drafts.
- Sports: G. C. M. College is well known for its performance and achievements in sports and games. Sport department co-ordinates the events which help students to perform well in all sports and game events at University. We have outstanding state-of-art facilities to give coaching to students. There is considerable investment every year to have quality equipment and to make coaching resources up to date.
- Psychology Lab: - The psychology laboratories are used to build rooms that allow psychology students to collect data from human participants using the same resources as professional psychologists.
- Conference/Seminar Hall: - Conference rooms/seminar hall have 200+ seating capacity for any functions/ events happening in the college by or for the students.
- Computer Labs: - Computer labs in the institute are available for the students, so that they can use the computers whenever there is a need.
Gopal Chandra Memorial College Faculty
The Faculty of Gopal Chandra Memorial College of Education comprises highly qualified and knowledgeable teachers. They are not only experts in their subject of expertise but also they are willing to work continuously for the betterment of their students and institute.
- Assistant professor - 9
- Physical Education Teacher- 1
- Librarian – 1
- Art & Craft Teacher – 1
Gopal Chandra Memorial College FAQs
Ques. How many seats are available for B.ed students in Gopal Chandra memorial education?
Ans. Total 50 seats are available. 25 seats for deputed and 25 for fresher’s students.
Ques. In which specialization one can complete their B.ed. from Gopal Chandra Memorial College ?
Ans. Students can complete their B.ed in Bengali & English Physical Science, Life Science, Mathematics Geography, History, Education, and Economics.
Ques. How do we get at Gopal Chandra memorial College?
Ans. One can easily get to the Howrah Railway Station by Train from their home, after reaching the station there are a number of ways by which one can get to the institute.
Some of them being, government buses, Cabs, Shared Taxis.
Ques. Is there any age limitation for deputed students and freshers students?
Ans. There is no age bar for deputed candidates but for fresher candidates age limit is as per Government rules.
Ques. What is the selection criteria for admissions in the B.ed program?
Ans. Selection for B.Ed. in this institution is done on the basis of marks obtained in the Graduate and Post Graduate level and NCTE norms.