Cummins College of Engineering for Women, Nagpur was established in the year 2010 by the Maharshi Karve Stree Shikshak Samstha (MKSSS). It is affiliated to RTMNU. It is graded B++ by the NAAC.
The college offers the undergraduate degree of Bachelor of engineering to its candidates. The candidates can pursue engineering with the specialization in Computer Science Engineering, Mechanical Engineering and Electronics and Telecommunications Engineering.
The admission to Cummins College of engineering is accepted through the scores of MHT CET and JEE Main.
The college is ranked 173 in the year 2020 by the National Institutional Ranking Framework (NIRF).
Cummins College Of Engineering For Women, Nagpur Highlights 2021
|Set by||Maharshi Karve Stree Shikshan Samstha (MKSSS)|
|Entrance Examination||JEE Main, MHT-CET|
|Courses Offered||4 courses across 1 stream|
|Admission Criteria||Passed class 12 from recognised board|
|Top Recruiters||TATA, Accenture, IBM, HP, HSBC,|
|Campus Area||4 Acre|
|Facilities Available||Hostel, Internet, Placement Cell|
Cummins College of Engineering for Women Ranking
Cummins college of engineering, Nagpur is one of the top private engineering colleges for women with B++ NAAC Accreditation.
Given below is the statistics from various bodies.
|ROI (Return on investment)||1|
Read More: CCEW Nagpur Reviews
Cummins College of Engineering for Women Course Offered
The course Bachelor of Engineering is offered at Cummins college, Nagpur.
|BE||Duration - 4 years
Eligibility Criteria - The candidate must have passed class 12 with Physics, Mathematics and Chemistry as compulsory subjects from a recognized board. The candidate must have a minimum score of 50% for the general category candidate.
Specialization - Computer Science Engineering, Mechanical engineering, Electronics and Telecommunication Engineering
Read More: CCEW Nagpur Courses & Fee
Cummins College of Engineering for Women Admissions
The admission to Cummins College of Engineering for Women is based on the marks obtained in Maharashtra Health and Technical Common Entrance Test (MHTCET) for the residents of Maharashtra. All India students can sit for either JEE Main or MHT CET for admission.
The admission is done through the counselling procedure of MHT CET.
How to Apply?
The steps to counselling and admission are
- Fill in the application form available on the official website of DTE Maharashtra. The website is dte.org.in
- After filling the application form the candidate has to visit the facilitation centre for documents verification.
- After the process of verification is over, the provisional merit list will be displayed at the official website of DTE Maharashtra.
- The available seats are put up category wise for the first counselling process.
- After the list of available seats are released the candidates can fill up the online option form and confirm your choices.
- The provisional allotment list is displayed for Counseling Procedure 1.
- The candidates who have been allotted the college can choose to freeze, slide or float.
- The same process is repeated for counselling process 2 and 3.
- After the final allotment list is published, the allotted candidates who wish to take a seat have to report to the Admission Reporting Center (ARC).
- The candidate has to report to the Allotted Institute after reporting to ARC within the given date and time.
The candidates can also take admission to directly second if they fulfil the following eligibility criteria.
- The candidates with a Diploma in Engineering and Technology with a minimum of 45% marks are also eligible to get admission to Cummins college of engineering.
- The candidates who have passed B. Sc with a minimum aggregate of 45% from a recognised university and 10+2 in Mathematics and English can also apply for the admission.
- Once the eligibility criteria are fulfilled, the candidates have to follow the same procedure as mentioned above for the admission to the first year.
Read More: CCEW Nagpur Cutoff
Cummins College of Engineering for Women Placement
The placement statistics of Cummins college of engineering has been increasing with the year.
In the year 2020, a total of 524 students were placed in various companies.
- 294 students have placed with CTC above INR 6 Lakh.
- 230 students were placed with CTC below INR 6 lakhs.
The top recruiters visiting Cummins college of engineering are Infosys, IBM, HSBC, HP, Accenture, Citi, Boeing, Honeywell, Vodafone, etc.
Read More: CCEW Nagpur Placement
Cummins College of Engineering for Women Scholarship
The college awards various scholarships to the candidates. The candidates with an economically poor background. The candidates have to sit for an aptitude test and personal interview to avail for the scholarship.
The candidates are provided tuition fees and other rewards.
The list of scholarships awarded are:
- Nurturing Brilliance Scholarship
- Paranjape Scholarship
- Persistent Scholarship
- Early Bird Scholarship
- GOI Scholarship
- Samaj Kalyan Scholarship
- EBC Scholarship by DTE
Read More: CCEW Nagpur Scholarships
Cummins College of Engineering for Women Facilities
- Hostel: There is a hostel facility for girls hailing from out of the station. There are around 180 beds for the hostellers. The hostel boarders can avail to the facility of Mess, Washing machines, TV room, Drinking water supply (Aquaguard filter), water coolers, Telephone booth, Generator backup (day and night), hot water facility (solar water heating system), Wifi facility, Gym facility, etc.
- Internet facility: The entire campus of the Institute is connected to Wi-Fi and has Video Conferencing facility. Thus, the Institute promotes e-learning.
- Library: The library aids the academics of the students. It helps the faculty members as well. There are more than 62960 books. The library also has a collection of national and international journals. The library consists of the Stack section, Periodicals section, Reference section and a Reading hall.
- Classroom: The classrooms are built with all the multimedia facilities as per the AICTE norms.
- Transportation: The college provides transportation facilities to the day scholars.
- Sports: The college supports both indoor and outdoor sports activities. There is a playground for Kabaddi, Badminton, Cricket and Volleyball. It has table tennis, chess and carrom as indoor games.
Read More: CCEW Nagpur News & Articles
Cummins College of Engineering for Women Faculty
Cummins College of Engineering for Women has a good number of highly-qualified faculties. Dr Bhushan P Joshi is the Principal of the college.
Other top faculties are as follows:
- Mrs Sushma Satpute: Assistant Professor, Department of Computer Engineering
- Mr Shailesh Sahu: Assistant Professor, Department of Computer Engineering
- Mrs Vidya Raut: Assistant Professor, Department of Computer Engineering
- Mr Harshwardhan Kharpate: Assistant Professor, Department of Computer Engineering
- Mrs Sakshi Khamankar: Assistant Professor, Department of Computer Engineering
- Prof. Yogesh Dandekar: Assistant Professor, Department of Mechanical Engineering
- Dr Shailesh, Khekale: Assistant Professor, Department of Mechanical Engineering
- Mr Aditya Kawaddoeskar:Assistant Professor, Department of Mechanical Engineering
- Mr Sachin Naik: Assistant Professor, Department of Mechanical Engineering
- Mr Kedar Chimote: Assistant Professor, Department of Mechanical Engineering
Read More: CCEW Nagpur Faculty
Cummins College of Engineering for Women FAQS
Ques. Is there any concession in marks for the reserved category candidates?
Ques. What if the candidate does not have Chemistry as a subject in class 12?
Ques. For all India students which entrance examination is preferred?
Ques. What if the candidate does not go for documents verification?
Ques. What is the work of the Placement Cell of the Institute?