Updated On - May 24th 2018
Rashtrasant Tukadoji Maharaj Nagpur University (RTMNU), Nagpur or Nagpur University was established on August 4, 1923. Presently it comprises of 39 Post Graduate Teaching Departments (PGTD), 3 constituent colleges and 842 affiliated colleges spread across 11 campuses within an overall layout of 318 acres. The institute is accredited with grade ‘A’ by National Assessment and Accreditation Council (NAAC). It is also approved by University Grants Commission (UGC) and is a proud member of Association of Indian Universities (AIU).
The University provides with 9 faculties in various fields –
- Faculty of Science
- Faculty of Art/Faculty of Social Science
- Faculty of Home Science
- Faculty of Medicine
- Faculty of Commerce
- Faculty of Education
- Faculty of Engineering & Technology
- Faculty of Law
- Faculty of Ayurveda
The University has signed MoUs (Memorandum of Understandings) with the following organizations –
- National Environmental Engineering Research (NEERI), Nagpur
- Anacon Laboratories Pvt. Ltd., Nagpur
- Central Institute of Cotton Research, Nagpur
- Maharashtra Center for Entrepreneurship Development (MCED)
- Dev Sanskrit Vishwavidyalaya, Haridwar
- Zim Laboratories Ltd, Nagpur
- Efficient land use based integrated farming system for Rural livelihood security in Aurangabad, Dhule & Gondia districts of Maharashtra
- Study of the prevalence of hepatocellular damage due to DOTSS therapy among tuberculosis patients of Nagpur city, DOTS center
RTMNU Courses and Eligibility
RTMNU offers various UG, PG & Doctorate level courses in the field of Technology, Arts, Science, Medicine etc. For more admission related information you must follow the given admission links:
Admission in courses running in university are based on various entrance tests which are listed below:
|MCA||MAH MCA CET|
|LLB (3 years and 5 Years)||MH CET LAW|
|BA, B.Sc., BFA, BCA, B.Com||No Test|
RTMNU Admission For International Students
Foreign Candidates Admission will be done through International Students Office of Nagpur University. Candidates while apply needs to have a eligibility certificate from the university. Candidate can fill that form from the university website and submit it with the fee of Rs.500 along with the documents like:
- Marksheet of 10th and 12th or Equivalent
- College Admission Letter
- No Objection Letter
After the verifying the eligibility, candidates have to fill the application form and submit it with the following documents:
- Guardian Undertaking
- Forwarding Remark of Indian Embassy/ High Commision of Applicant’s Country.
- Undertaking of Official of Indian Embassy or High Commision of Applicant’s Country.
- Photocopy of Receipt of USD 500 as Registration Fee.
- Demand Draft of Rs 200 as pplication fee in favour of Registrar, Rashtrasant Tukadoji Maharaj Nagpur University, Payable at RTMNU Nagpur.
Nagpur University Time Tableis released for both summer & winter session separately. Follow these steps to check the exam dates.
- In the RTMNU timetable, click on the session (winter/summer)
- Click on the respective faculty/department (for which you want to check the exam dates)
- After clicking on the faculty, you will be redirected to the course list of that particular department.
- Finally, click on the course name & note down the exam dates for written (theory) exam.
Note: Winter & summer session terms are used here for the exam time table of odd semester & even semester programmes.
Controller of Examination, Nagpur University summarizes the result for all courses offered by the Nagpur Universityevery year. In order to check Nagpur University result, students need to visit the RTMNU official website. Students must follow the given steps to check their results.
- Visit to the official website of the RTM Nagpur University.
- Click on the Result section, you will be redirected to the result page.
- You can toggle in between the winter or summer session.
- On the result page you will find three links, namely, latest result, faculty wise result & Result status.
- Enter your details & click on submit.
- Save & download your result.
- The centralized library named after Dr Bhausaheb Kolte is built in a floor area of 57,480 sq ft
- It houses a collection of 3,96,203(3,77, 157 purchased, 19,048 gifted) books in 4 tiers & can accommodate 250 readers
- 11,664 Thesis, 14313 Manuscripts, 35719 bound volumes
- Subscription of 229 Indian, 61 Foreign journals,193 Video cassettes & 8045 E – journals (UGC in Fonet Consortium)
- Hostel facility is available for boy’s & girl’s both
- 40 seats for 1st year B.Tech, 10 seats for 1st year M.Tech boy candidates
- All time Internet facility on yearly payment basis, Gymnasium, Indoor games, TV room etc
Co – Curricular Activities
- Free Remedial Coaching classes by Senior Students
- National Seminar on Understanding Multiculturalism : Translation, Culture and Literature organized by Department of English
- AVISHKAR – Inter University Research Festival
- Student Welfare Cell for Economically weak students
The University provides the following scholarships to deserving candidates –
- Eklavya Scholarship
- Open merit Scholarship
- Maths & Physic Scholarship
- Hindi Scholarship
- Rashtrasant Tukadoji Maharaj Memorial Research Fellowship 2017-2018