RTMNU Quick Updates
May 20: MHT CET 2020 will be held in month of July-August, as per new schedule. Read More
May 16: Due to Covid-19, MHT-CET 2020 is postponed till the further announcement. Read More
May 8:Summer Examinations have been postponed. Check Here
Rashtrasant Tukadoji Maharaj Nagpur University (RTMNU), Nagpur or Nagpur University is a State University located in the Orange city of India - Nagpur, Maharashtra. Presently it comprises 39 Post Graduate Teaching Departments (PGTD), 3 constituent colleges and 601 affiliated colleges spread across 11 campuses within an overall layout of 318 acres.
The institute is a proud member of the Association of Indian Universities (AIU). The university provides numerous Undergraduate, Postgraduate, PG Diploma, Diploma & Doctorate level courses among many disciplines and its specializations.
Check RTMNU Admission
|Established | Type ||1923 | State University|
|Approved by||University Grants Commission (UGC)|
|Ranking||NAAC ‘A’ Grade |
|Campus Area||317 acres|
|Program type||Undergraduate, Postgraduate and Doctoral|
|Admission Criteria||Entrance Test|
|Total Students||UG: 1592 | PG: 1835 | Ph.D.: 615|
|Total Faculty||187 (incl. 151 Ph.D. holders)|
RTMNU offers various UG, PG, PG Diploma, Diploma & Doctorate level courses through its constituent and affiliated colleges in the field of Technology, Arts, Science, Medicine, etc. Tabulated below are the courses offered by the university under various specializations:
|UG Courses||PG Courses||Diploma/ Certificate Courses|
|Bachelors in Law (LL.B)||Masters of Law (LL.M)||English/ French/ Russian/ Urdu/ Bengali/ German|
|Bachelor of Engineering (B.E)||Masters in Technology (M.Tech)||Oriental Learning|
|Bachelor of Technology (B.Tech)||Masters of Education (M.Ed)||Women Studies & Development|
|Bachelor of Architecture (B.Arch)||Master of Commerce (M.Com Professional)||Applied Botany|
|Bachelor of Education (B.Ed)||Master of Pharmacy (M.Pharm)||Computer Science & Application|
|Bachelor of Commerce (B.Com)||Master of Business Administration (MBA)||Yogic Therapy|
|Bachelor of Interior Design||Master of Computer Application (MCA)||Quality Assurance of Cosmetic |
For more admission related information you must follow the given admission links:
Check: RTMNU Fees
RTMNU Entrance Test
Admission in courses running in the Rashtrasant Tukadoji Maharaj Nagpur University is based on various entrance tests which are listed below:
RTMNU Admission for International Students
Foreign Candidates Admission will be done through the International Students Office of Nagpur University. Candidates while apply needs to have an eligibility certificate from the university. Candidate can fill that form from the university website and submit it with the fee of INR 500 along with the documents like:
- Marksheet of 10th and 12th or Equivalent
- College Admission Letter
- No Objection Letter
After the verifying the eligibility, candidates have to fill the application form and submit it with the following documents:
- Guardian Undertaking
- Forwarding Remark of Indian Embassy/ High Commission of Applicant’s Country.
- The undertaking of the Official of Indian Embassy or High Commission of Applicant’s Country.
- Photocopy of Receipt of USD 500 as Registration Fee.
- Demand Draft with the application fee in favor of Registrar, Rashtrasant Tukadoji Maharaj Nagpur University, Payable at RTMNU Nagpur.
Know more: RTMNU Admission
The University provides the following scholarships to deserving and meritorious candidates under many programs in its curriculum. One of them is the Rashtrasant Tukadoji Maharaj Memorial Fellowship, it is offered to students enrolled in the doctoral program of the university. To be eligible for this, one needs to submit a six-monthly progress report after which they will be awarded an amount of INR 5000 per month. It is only open to bonafide students of Nagpur. Other scholarships offered by the university are mentioned below:
- Eklavya Scholarship
- Open Merit Scholarship
- Maths & Physic Scholarship
- Hindi Scholarship
- Morris Memorial Fellowship
Click here: RTMNU Scholarships
Nagpur University Time Table is released for both summer and winter sessions separately. Follow these steps to check the exam dates.
- In the RTMNU timetable, click on the session (winter/summer)
- Click on the respective faculty/department (for which you want to check the exam dates)
- After clicking on the faculty, you will be redirected to the course list of that particular department.
- Finally, click on the course name & note down the exam dates for the written (theory) exam.
Note: Winter and summer session terms are used here for the exam time table of the odd semester & even semester programs.
Controller of Examination, Nagpur University summarizes the result for all courses offered by the Nagpur University every year. In order to check the Nagpur University result, students need to visit the RTMNU official website. Students must follow the given steps to check their results.
- Visit the official website of the RTM Nagpur University.
- Click on the Result section, you will be redirected to the result page.
- You can toggle in between the winter or summer sessions.
- On the result page, you will find three links, namely, latest result, faculty wise result & Result status.
- Enter your details and click on submit.
- Save and download your result.
Read more: RTMNU Result
Following are some of the facilities offered by the Rashtrasant Tukadoji Maharaj Nagpur University to cater to the needs of the students:
- Library: It houses a collection of 4,02,068 (3,89,597 purchased, 20,132 gifted) books in 4 tiers & can accommodate 250 readers with 871 e-books. It has subscribed to 186 Indian, and 11 Foreign Print Journals.
- Hostel: The university offers hostel facilities to both male and female students enrolled in its academic programs. The rooms are equipped with all the basic needs like filtered water, T.V. hall, reading room, playground, CCTV surveillance, etc.
- Health Centre: The university has 1 medical officer and 1 pharmacist and other paramedical staff to look after the medical needs of the students as well as faculty members.
The University provides with 4 faculties in various fields. They are further divided into numerous departments namely Faculty of Science & Technology; Faculty of Commerce & Management; Faculty of Humanities and Faculty of Interdisciplinary Studies.
Dr. Virendra Govindrao Meshram
- Qualifications: M.Sc and Ph.D.
- Areas of research: Nutraceuticals, Plant Pathology, Analytical Biochemistry
Dr. Archana Moon
- Qualifications: B.Sc, M.Sc, and Ph.D.
- Contributions: Authored 4 books, filed 4 patents and published 5 research papers
Mr. Ninad Rajesh Nagarkar
- Qualifications: B.Sc and M.Sc
- Areas of Interest: Biotechnology, Molecular Biology, Research Writing, Microbial techniques
Dr. Vinayak Shridhar Deshpande
- Qualifications: MA (Eco), MBA, and Ph.D.
- Contributions: Published 10 research projects, 14 research publications, and reviewed 56 international journals
Check: RTMNU Faculty