Manipal College of Dental Sciences (MCODS), Manipal is ranked 2nd for Dental by NIRF 2020. The institute comes under the aegis of the Manipal Academy of Higher Education (MAHE) and recognized by the Malaysian Dental Council and Kathmandu University (Nepal). MCODS offers degree, certificate and diploma courses in Dental Sciences. Admission is done on the basis of the entrance exam and cutoff criteria of the institute.
Manipal College of Dental Sciences Highlights
|Established | Institute Type||1965 | Private|
|Affiliated to||MAHE, Manipal|
|Accredited by||NAAC with ‘A’ Grade|
National: NEET UG, NEET PG
|Courses Offered||UG, PG, Diploma & Certificate|
Manipal College of Dental Sciences Rankings
- Ranked 5th for Dental by India Today 2020.
- Ranked 3rd for Dental by The Week 2020.
- Ranked No.2 among Dental Colleges in India by Outlook 2019.
Manipal College of Dental Sciences Courses
MCODS offers UG, PG, PG Diploma and Certificate courses. Tabulated below are the details for the same:
|BDS||Dental Sciences||10+2 or equivalent with Physics, Chemistry, Biology / Biotechnology and English individually with a minimum 50% marks + obtained a valid score in NEET UG|
|MDS||BDS degree from a university recognized by Dental Council of India (DCI) + obtained a valid score in NEET PG|
|PG Diploma||Dental Materials|
|Certificate||Forensic Odontology||BDS / MBBS / BSc (Biological Sciences) from a recognized university|
Manipal College of Dental Sciences Admission
- Go to the official website.
- Click on ‘Apply’.
- Fill out the form carefully.
- Upload a photograph and signature.
- Select the program and enter your address.
- Select a mode of payment.
- The application fee is INR 600 (for General Category) and INR 2500 (for Foreign/ NRI/ NRI Sponsored Category). Pay it using your preferred means.
The applicants will be selected on the basis of marks obtained in the following entrance examination:
Manipal College of Dental Sciences Scholarship
MIM Manipal awards a scholarship for Post Graduate (PG) students under the following categories
- Kalam-Pai, Freeship and Scholars Scholarship for MBBS & BDS Programs
- Merit Scholarship for MD and MDS Programs
- Freeship, Scholar and Achiever Scholarships for BTech
- Freeship, Scholar and Achiever Scholarships for BPharm
- Scholar and Achiever Scholarship for All Other Under Graduate (UG) & Post Graduate (PG) Programs
- Board Toppers Scholarship for All Under Graduate (UG) Programs
- Scholarships for Academy of General Education Students (SAGES)
- Academy of General Education (AGE) Scholarship for AGE Students
- Merit-cum-Means Scholarship for B.Sc. Nursing students
- Merit Scholarship for BTech (Lateral Entry) students from Manipal Group Polytechnic Institutions
- Merit Scholarships for Foreign / Non-Resident Indian (NRI) Category Students
- Merit Scholarship for Konkani speaking students
- Merit Scholarship for Children of Manipal Alumni
- Scholarship scheme of interest subsidy on education loan for MAHE students
- AICTE Tuition Fee Waiver
- Kadambi scholarship
- ITC scholarship
Manipal College of Dental Sciences FAQs
Ques. Can foreign students take admissions in MCODS?
Ans. Yes, foreign students can take admissions in MCODS, Manipal. 15% of the total admissions are allotted for the foreign/ NRI category. The infrastructure provided is at par with the international standards and the teaching methodology is apt for training students to meet challenges in dental practice from a global perspective.
Ques. What is the scope after MDS?
Ans. After MDS, you can pursue specialty practice independently or join a corporate hospital. Alternatively, you can join an academic institute as teaching faculty or as a researcher.
Ques. Does MCODS have an attached hospital?
Ans. MCODS is attached to Kasturba Hospital, Manipal, a tertiary referral medical hospital, as required by the Dental Council of India. The college gets patients from in and around its campus as well as from neighboring states such as Kerala and Tamil Nadu. In addition, the satellite centres of the college at various locations ensure that students are exposed to comprehensive dental care.
Ques. Does MCODS have any international collaborations?
Ans. Manipal College of Dental Sciences has collaborations with esteemed institutions and industries across the globe to promote the exchange of students, faculty and collaborative research activities. These collaborations encourage student exchange programs, observership, and preceptorship with the partnered institute to enhance their learning experience.