Shobhaben Pratapbhai Patel School of Pharmacy and Technology Management has received Platinum Ranking in AICTE-CII Survey of Industry Linked Technical Institutes in 2019. SPPSPTM, Mumbai comes under the aegis of NMIMS (Deemed to be University). It offers education in the field of pharmacy at the undergraduate, postgraduate and doctoral levels. Admission to the courses is offered on the basis of marks scored in the required entrance test. One of the popular entrance test conducted by NMIMS is NMIMS-NPAT at the university level.
SPPSPTM Admission 2021 Dates
|Start date of Online Registration (Apply Here)||February 16, 2021|
|Last date of Online Registration||June 17, 2021|
|Call letters available on website (www.nmims.edu / www.npat.in) for NMIMS CET / NMIMS NPAT / NMIMS-LAT - 2021 (5:00 pm onwards)||June 24, 2021|
|Exam Date (Reporting time 8:45 am, Test timing 10:00 to 12:00 noon)||June 27, 2021
July 2, 2021
July 4, 2021
|Established | Type||2006 | Private|
|Accredited||NAAC: A+ Grade|
|Courses offered||UG, PG, and Ph.D.|
|Total Students||510 (UG: 80 | PG: 430)|
|Admission Criteria||Entrance Exam|
SPPSPTM Awards and Ranking
- Ranked 13th in the country amongst all Pharmacy Schools as per NIRF Rankings 2019
- Awarded Best Institute in Pharmacy Award by DNA Innovative Education Leadership Awards in 2018
- Awarded Best Placement Brochure Award and Institute with Best Academic & Industry Interface Award by Business School Affaire in 2017
- Received Rajiv Gandhi National Quality Award in 2015
Tabulated below ate the courses offered at the Shobhaben Pratapbhai Patel School of Pharmacy and Technology Management:
|Course Name||Eligibility||Total Seats Intake|
|M.Pharm (Pharmaceutics / Pharmaceutical Quality Assurance/ Industrial Pharmacy/ Pharmaceutical Technology)||Graduate in B.Pharm with a minimum of 55% marks||90|
|M.Pharm + MBA|
|B.Pharm||Intermediate graduate with PCB with 45% marks||60|
|B.Pharm + MBA||Intermediate graduate with PCB or PCM with 50% marks||200|
|B.Pharm (Lateral Entry)||D.Pharm with a minimum of 60% aggregate marks||20|
|D.Pharm||Intermediate graduate with PCM or PCB with English as a compulsory subject||120|
|Ph.D (Pharmaceutical Sciences)||M.Pharm with a minimum of 55% aggregate marks||24|
Tabulated below is the fee structure for each course offered at Shobhben Pratapbhai Patel School of Pharmacy:
|Course Name||Total Fees (per annum)|
|B.Pharm + MBA||INR 3,81,500|
|M.Pharm + MBA||INR 3,25,000|
Candidates seeking admission in the Shobhaben Pratapbhai Patel School of Pharmacy and Technology Management must fulfill the eligibility criteria. The selection criteria for each course vary from each other as per the requirements. Listed below is the selection process for each course:
- Admission for M.Pharm program through NMIMS and Personal Interview. Admission will be purely on merit as per the candidate’s performance in Personal Interview.
- M.Pharm + MBA, there will be a Written Test along with a Personal Interview.
- For B.Pharm, the university conducts a Common Entrance Test (CET) for admission. A merit list will be prepared on the basis of the CET score and the candidate will be called for the counseling session.
- For integrated B.Pharm + MBA, the institute accepts a valid score obtained in NMIMS-NPAT. The university prepares a merit list for the final selection process.
- For admission in D.Pharm, a merit list is prepared on the basis of marks scored in the 12th standard.
- Pay the application fee of INR 1,600 and INR 500 (for D.Pharm) for online registration.
Important date for M.Pharm/ M.Pharm + MBA (Batch 2020) is tabulated below:
|Online Registration on website www.nmims.edu||Friday, February 14, 2020|
|Last date of Online Registration||Monday, 01st June, 2020|
|Call letters available on the website for Written Test & Personal Interview (www.nmims.edu after 5.00 p.m.)||Wednesday, 03rd June, 2020|
|Document Upload for written test & personal interview||04th June – 09th June, 2020|
|Conduct of Written Test & Personal Interview||12th June & 13th June, 2020|
|Result of Written Test & Personal Interview (I Merit List) (www.nmims.edu after 5.00 p.m.)||Wednesday, 17th June, 2020|
|Counseling & Payment of Admission fees for M. Pharm + MBA||Wednesday, 24th June, 2020|
|Counseling & Payment of Admission fees for M. Pharm Program||Saturday, 27th June, 2020|
|Commencement of Program||Wednesday, 01st July, 2020|
|Closure of Admission/ Last day of admission||Friday, 17th July, 2020|
Important date for B.Pharm/ B.Pharm + MBA (Pharma. Tech.) is tabulated below:
|Register online (www.nmims.edu/www.npat.in)||Thursday, 12 March, 2020|
|Last date of Online Registration||Tuesday, 16 June, 2020|
|Call letters available on the website (www.nmims.edu/www.npat.in) for NMIMS-NPAT 2020 (5.00 pm onwards)||Tuesday, 5 May, 2020|
|Conduct of online computer-based test (Reporting time 8.45 am, Test timing 10.00 to 12.00 noon)||Saturday 09 & Sunday, 10 May, 2020|
|Merit list of candidates selected for admission on website www.nmims.edu/www.npat.in at 5:00 pm (I Merit List)||Saturday, 30 May, 2020|
|Payment of admission fees (I Merit List) (Time 11:00 am to 4:00 pm)||31 May to 10 June, 2020|
|Declaration of II Merit list of candidates selected for admission on website www.nmims.edu/www.npat.in at 5:00 pm (if necessary)||Saturday, 13 June, 2020|
|Payment of admission fees (II Merit List) (Time 11:00 am to 4:00 pm)||15 June to 22 June, 2020|
|Declaration of III Merit list of candidates selected for admission on website www.nmims.edu/www.npat.in at 5:00 pm (if necessary)||Thursday, 25 June, 2020|
|Payment of admission fees (III Merit List) (Time 11:00 am to 4:00 pm)||26 June to 30 June, 2020|
|Commencement of Program||Wednesday, 01 July, 2020|
|Closure of Admission/ Last date of Admission||Friday, 17 July, 2020|
Shobhaben Pratapbhai Patel School of Pharmacy and Technology Management has an excellent placement record with students getting placed with top healthcare companies. The top pharma companies include names like GlaxoSmithKline, Cipla, MSD, Neilsen, Zydus and many other Indian and MNC’s participated in the placement season and offered profiles in Sales & Marketing, Project Management, and operations.
|Program||Average CTC||Highest CTC|
|M.Pharm + MBA||5.9 LPA||10 LPA|
|B.Pharm + MBA||6.5 LPA||10 LPA|
|M.Pharm||3.3 LPA||4.5 LPA|
|B.Pharm||2.9 LPA||4 LPA|
The Institute has excellent state-of-the-art facilities to cater to the need of the students. Following are some of the facilities offered at the School of Pharmacy and Technology Management:
- Library: The library at the school is well-equipped with a total of 2637 textbooks, 1232 reference books, 916 titles, 56 bound volumes, 13 International Journals, 101 CDs. Apart from all of these, the students can also have access to e-resources, department wise books, newspapers, etc. It has a total seating capacity of 550 students.
- Classroom: All the classrooms in the school are air-conditioned and have ceiling-mounted LCD projectors. Most of the classrooms have a total seating capacity for 60 students.
- Laboratories: The School of Pharmacy and Technology Management has excellent labs for the students. It includes laboratories for Pharmaceutics, Pharmacology, Pharmacognosy, Pharmaceutical Analysis.
- Hostels: There are separate hostel facilities for both male and female students. The hostel has been constructed to provide a safe atmosphere for the students. All the necessary facilities like Mess, Medical Centre, TV, Purified Drinking Water is offered to students residing in the institute.