S.S.P.M. College of Engineering, Sindhudurg, Maharashtra was established in the year 1999, with the aim of making professional education available to the masses in rural Konkan region. The institute is affiliated to University of Mumbai and approved by AICTE. S.S.P.M College of Engineering has also been recently accredited by NAAC with a B+ grade.
The institute offers undergraduate programs in streams like Computer, Electrical, Electronics and Telecommunication and Mechanical. The institute offers students the facilities of a Training and Placement Cell. All on-campus students are eligible to take benefit of this facility.
S.S.P.M College of Engineering provides internship opportunities to its students. If interested, one can complete the registration process for the internship through the college’s website.
S.S.P.M. College of Engineering, Mumbai: Highlights
|Established | Institute Type||1999 | Private|
|Approved by||All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE)|
|Affiliated to||University of Mumbai|
|Entrance Exam||MHT CET/JEE Main or Diploma/B.Sc. pass out|
|Courses Offered||4 Courses across 1 stream|
|Campus Area||30.5 Acres|
|Facilities Available||Library, Hostel, Auditorium, Computer Labs, Sports, Ambulance|
S.S.P.M. College of Engineering, Mumbai: Courses Offered
The institute offers 4 year full time undergraduate courses in different streams of Engineering. Below is the complete list of S.S.P.M. College of Engineering Courses:
|B.E||Specialization: Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Electrical and Telecommunication Engineering and Mechanical Engineering
Duration: 4 years
Eligibility: Maharashtra Candidates - Passed HSC with minimum 50% marks and obtain non zero score in CET or Pass Diploma in Engineering & Technology with minimum 50% marks All India and J&K Migration Candidates - Passed HSC with minimum 50% marks and obtain non zero score in JEE (Main) Paper I or Pass Diploma in Engineering & Technology with minimum 50% marks
S.S.P.M. College of Engineering, Mumbai: Admission
Admissions at S.S.P.M. College of Engineering is conducted on the basis of entrance exams and merit basis.
Candidates looking to apply for admission at S.S.P.M. College of Engineering first year need to meet the below eligibility criteria:
- Candidates must be Indian National, pass HSC or equivalent exam with Physics and Mathematics as compulsory subjects.
- Candidates must have passed any one subject from Chemistry, Biology, Biotechnology or Technical Vocational.
- Minimum marks obtained should be 50%, 45% in the case of backward class/persons with disabilities belonging to Maharashtra only.
- Candidates must have appeared for the above mentioned subjects and obtained a non zero score in MHT CET or JEE (Main) Paper I. (JEE score will be given preference over MHT CET).
- Passed Diploma in Engineering & Technology with minimum 50%, 45% in the case of backward class/persons with disabilities belonging to Maharashtra only.
Candidates looking to apply for admission at S.S.P.M. College of Engineering second year need to meet the below eligibility criteria:
- Passed Diploma in Engineering & Technology with minimum 45% marks, 40% in the case of backward class/persons with disabilities belonging to Maharashtra only, from an approved and recognized institution.
- Passed B.Sc. with minimum 45% marks, 40% in the case of backward class/persons with disabilities belonging to Maharashtra only, from an UGC or Association of Indian Universities recognized institution.
How to apply?
Admission to S.S.P.M. College of Engineering is conducted on the basis of the rank obtained in MHT CET and JEE. Diploma Candidates also need to apply online and will be selected on the basis of their ranks.
- Once selected, candidates need to fill the admission form available on the official website of the college.
- Payment of fees can be made through DD/Pay Order/NEFT/RTGS.
DD/ Pay Order should be made in favour of “Sindhudurg Shikshan Prasarak Mandal’s College of Engineering” on nationalized banks payable at Kankavli.
Name- Sindhudurg Shikshan Prasarak Mandal’s College of Engineering
Bank Name- Bank of India
Bank Address- Kankavli
Account Number- 146610110007400
IFSC Code- BKID000146
S.S.P.M. College of Engineering, Mumbai: Scholarship
S.S.P.M. College of Engineering offers scholarships to students on the basis of cast. Students belonging to OBC, SC, NT, ST, or SBC caste need to fill the required application form online on the portal Mahadbtmahait.gov.in.
Students are required to submit required documents on the portal like:
- Caste Certificate
- Caste Validity
- Income Certificate
- Ration, Aadhar card
- Mark sheets
- Bank Passbook among others.
S.S.P.M. College of Engineering, Mumbai: Facilities
S.S.P.M. being an Engineering College is well equipped to the needs of the students pursuing different streams of Engineering. The range of facilities available at this institution is as follows:
- Computer Lab: Computers with softwares required for development and research, analytical tools for projects, high speed internet connectivity along with backup connectivity from Hathway.
- Mechanical Lab: A fully equipped mechanical engineering lab complete with engineering drawing rooms and workshops.
- Library: Stocked with required resources across all engineering streams.
- Hostel: Separate hostels for boys and girls. RO purifier water cooler, hot water through solar system, backup generator, TV facilities, housekeeper for cleanliness, security guards are available at the hostel.
- Mess: Students can take advantage of the mess facility available inside the hostel premises.
- Sports: Indoor and Outdoor game facilities, gymnasium along with a swimming pool are available for students.
- Ambulance: 24/7 four wheeler/ambulance service is available on the campus.
- ATM: Available on the campus premise.
S.S.P.M. College of Engineering, Mumbai: Faculty
The faculty at S.S.P.M. College of Engineering is well qualified in the respective streams they undertake teaching at this institution. The complete stream wise faculty information is available below:
- Associate Professor: 1
- Assistant Professor: 11
- Assistant Professor: 8
- Lab Assistant: 1
- Technical Assistant: 1
- Associate Professor: 2
- Assistant Professor: 6
- Lab Assistant: 1
- Technical Assistant: 1
- Associate Professor: 3
- Assistant Professor: 5
- Lab Assistant: 2
Ques. What are the eligibility criteria for B.Sc. students applying directly to second year at S.S.P.M. College of Engineering?
Ans. Eligibility criteria B.Sc. students applying to second year of engineering are:
- Obtain minimum 45% marks (40% in the case of backward classes and PWD belonging to Maharashtra)
- Passed HSC with Mathematics as a subject
- Must clear Engineering Drawing and Mechanics, first year subjects, along with their second year subjects.
Ques. How do we reach S.S.P.M College of Engineering? How can we contact them?
Ans. The address of SSPM College of Engineering, Kankavali:
A/P- Harkul Budruk, Tal-Kankavali. District- Sindhudurg, Maharashtra- 416602.
Phone Number: 91-2367-230214
Exam Center: firstname.lastname@example.org
Ques. What are the eligibility criteria for international students looking to apply to S.S.P.M College of Engineering?
Ques. What is the fee structure for First Year Engineering at S.S.P.M College of Engineering?
Ans. The fee structure for First year engineering is broken down into below categories:
Tuition, Caution Money (Refundable), Development Fund, Internet & Email, Exam, Enrollment, Group Insurance, Form, Gymkhana, and Others (University Funds). Total fees depending on category ranges from Rs.5,875/- to Rs.1,00,855/-.
Ques. What is the placement policy at SSPM COllege of Engineering?