Updated On - August 2nd 2019
Ranga Raya Medical College was started as a private college in 1958 by Dr. M. V. Krishnarao, who was a Minister of Education in the composite Madras state. It is affiliated by Dr. NTR University of Health Sciences. A society called ‘Kakinada Medical Education Society’ was registered to oversee the starting of the Medical College with the core aims of providing medical education, research, and service. It is located in Kakinada, A.P. The college motive is to provide quality medical education and development of the young adults who will be graduating as professionals to shoulder the responsibilities of a caregiver.
Ranga Raya Medical College Courses
The college provides UG, PG courses in various categories. Below are the details for same:
|MD (Gen. Med)||20|
|MS (Gen. Med)||12|
Read about Ranga Raya Medical College Courses
Ranga Raya Medical College Infrastructure
The campus provides various facilities for students as well as its staff members. Following are the facilities of college:
- Lecturer's Hall
- Seminar rooms
- Waiting Halls
- Wards- Common ward, ICU and HUs
- Faculty rooms
- Sports like Football, Basketball, Badminton, Volleyball, Carrom, Table Tennis, Chess and many more.
Ranga Raya Medical College Achievements & Awards
The college has proved its capabilities with the following achievements:
- First prize in AP state conference 2017.
- First prize in CME Kakinada august 2017.
- Dr. Archana won in South zone conference at Tirupati 2018.
- Runner up trophy from AIMS Mangalagiri for a seminar on body donation and organ donation by Miss Joharika.
- State Arogyasree Award in 2018 for Department of General Surgery GGH Kakinada.
- Smt. Atluri satyavathamma memorial gold medal for postgraduates in pediatrics for the year 2015-16 awarded to Dr. N. Jwala vasavi and Dr. K. Adireddy.
- In the Diamond Jubilee exhibition conducted at the Rangaraya Medical College in the year, The Physiology department of RMC won the first time.