September 14, 2020: Commencement of Semester End Examinations for year 2017
Maris Stella College was founded in 1962 and is accredited by NAAC. It is also approved by AICTE. Maris Stella College offers programs in the intermediate, undergraduate, and postgraduate levels. Postgraduate applicants are required to qualify the entrance test conducted by the affiliating university to be considered for admission.
However intermediate and undergraduate admissions are based on academic merit only. All PG courses are affiliated to Krishna University. The College provides good placement opportunities to students of different fields.
Maris Stella College Highlights
Tabulated below are few facts about the College candidates can check.
|Established | College Type||1962 | Private|
|Affiliated University||Krishna University|
|Entrance Exam||KRUCET, ICET PG programs|
|Courses Offered||Intermediate, UG and PG|
|Admission Criteria||Merit-based & Entrance Test|
|Facilities Available||Library, Hostel, Auditorium, Sports Facilities, Bank, Canteen|
Maris Stella College Ranking
|Ranking Agency/ Body||Rank||Year|
|Educationworld.in||Nationally #32 State #7||2020 – 21|
|India Today College Rankings||Arts #68 Science #92 Commerce #90 MBA#36||2020|
|The Week-Hansa Research Rankings||Best Science College in India #50||2020|
Maris Stella College Courses
Maris Stella College offers programs right from the Intermediate level till the Postgraduate level. In the table below, we take a look at the range of programs that the College offers.
|Intermediate||Subjects: English, Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry, Botany, Zoology, History, Economics, Civics, Commerce
Duration: 2 years
Eligibility: Qualified S.S.C., C.B.S.E., I.C.S.E. or equivalent
|UG||B. Sc./ B.A./ B. Com./ B. Com. (Hons.)/ B. Voc./ BMS/ BBA B. Voc
Specializations: eCommerce & Digital Marketing, Tourism & Hospitality
Duration: 3 years
Eligibility: Passed in 10+2 or equivalent
|PG||M.Sc./ M.A./ M. Com/ MBA MA MA
Specializations: Economics, English
Duration: 2 years
Eligibility: Graduation in relevant Stream
Maris Stella College Admissions
While admission to all Undergraduate programs at Maris Stella College is on the basis of academic merit and an interview with the College. Post-Graduate admission is based on performance in the Common Entrance Test (KRUCET/ICET). Shortlisted applicants are invited for an interview at the College.
How to Apply?
The application process at Maris Stella College is an offline one. Applicants are required to submit the form at the College either physically or via post.
- The Application form can be obtained physically from the campus or downloaded from the website.
- Complete the form with required details and submit at the College or send by post along with a Demand Draft towards the application fee in favor of the ‘Principal, Maris Stella College’, payable at Vijayawada.
- The application fee is INR 200 for intermediate and INR 300 for UG and PG programmes.
- Submission deadline is within 15 days of the announcement of results of the qualifying examination.
Maris Stella College Placements
The Career Guidance and Placement Committee at Maris Stella College helps students with regular career development programs and opens up prospective job opportunities for them. As per the latest data submitted to NIRF, the placement figures for the year 2018-2019 are illustrated below:
|No. of Students Placed (UG)||141|
|Median Salary for UG Programs||INR 1.98 LPA|
|No. of Students Placed (PG)||55|
|Median Salary for PG Programs||INR 2.16 lpa|
Maris Stella College Facilities
Maris Stella College provides adequate facilities in campus to facilitate the smooth delivery of education and all-round development of its students.
- Classrooms: Equipped with audio-visual aids with the wide use of ICT tools for enhanced teaching-learning process.
- Laboratories: Modern equipment is maintained by the physical, biological sciences, and computer science departments. The College also has a Language lab to improve English language proficiency
- Gymnasium: A spacious gym is there in the College for students as well as staff.
- Bank: The Canara Bank is there inside the campus that caters the needs of students, general public as well as staff members.
- Stationery and Photocopy Centre: The campus has facilities of telephone as well as photocopying for students as well as faculty members.
- Auditorium: The campus has an auditorium that hosts many events such as workshops, FDP, national conferences and many more.
- Student Restroom: Separate room is there for campus students who become ill suddenly and face difficulty in sitting inside the class.
- Other Facilities: Green Rooms, Internet and Wi-Fi Facility, Audio Visual Room, Open Stage, Sports Ground and Indoor Stadium.
Maris Stella College Faculty
Maris Stella College has a faculty base that constantly endeavours to upgrade themselves through Faculty Development programs, etc. and also represents the College in various internal, national, and state-level seminars and conferences. The faculty statistics of the College is presented below:
- Assistant Professor 6+
- Lecturer 81+
Maris Stella College: FAQs
Ques. Where exactly is the Maris Stella College located? How can I get in touch with the college?
Ans. Maris Stella College is located in Vijayawada, near the new capital of Andhra Pradesh, Amaravathi. You can call the college at 0866-2479181/ 0866-2472332 during the office hours (9:00 am to 3:00 pm) or drop an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Ques. Does Maris Stella College have student clubs?
Ans. Yes, the College has numerous clubs within the campus namely; Folk Dance, Folk and Light Music. Mono Action, Red Ribbon Club, Eco Club, Green Audit Club and many more.
Ques. Is attendance compulsory at Maris Stella College?
Ans. Maris Stella College requires its students to have 80% attendance in all subjects in order to be allowed to appear for semester-end examinations. Students who do not meet the required attendance criteria will be fined by the college.
Ques. Does Maris Stella College offer any extra-curricular activities to students?
Ans. Yes, Maris Stella College offers several extra-curricular activity options to its students. Students can join prestigious services like the National Service Scheme, National Cadet Corps., Sports Training, Yoga, Martial Arts, are also available. Students interested in literary and cultural activities also have ample scope of participation in the College.
Ques. Does Maris Stella College offer scholarship opportunities to students?
Ans. Yes, many scholarships are available in the College for needy and deserving students. The College offers numerous government scholarships to students of SC, ST and OBC Categories.