St. Lawrence College of Higher Education (SLCHE) is a private educational institution established in 2008 in Geeta Colony, New Delhi. The institute has been an ‘A’ rated B.Ed. College for Girls. The institute runs under the umbrella of Gagan Education Society, Delhi. SLCHE is one of the top-ranked Institutions of GGSIP University. The main objective of the institute is to promote quality teacher education and the development of a balanced teacher personality.
The College offers a two-year Bachelor of Education (B.Ed.) program with an intake capacity of 100 students. However, a few other courses related to Education are lined up for approval and affiliation. Admission to the college is purely based on the Common Entrance Test (CET) conducted by GGSIP University.
The institute facilitates the students with excellent infrastructure facilities, modern classrooms, a library, and a cafeteria. The students are placed in some of the top-rated government and private schools.
|Established | Institute Type||2008 | Private|
|Approved by||National Council for Teacher Education (NCTE)|
|Affiliated to||GGSIPU, New Delhi|
|Courses Offered||Bachelor of Education (B.Ed.)|
|Entrance Exam||IPU CET|
|Facilities Available||Well-equipped classrooms, Computer labs, Recourse Centers, Sports Complex, library and cafeteria|
|Location||Geeta Colony, Delhi-31|
St. Lawrence College of Higher Education offers only one course, i.e. Bachelor of Education (B.Ed.) program. The various details regarding the course eligibility and intake capacity are tabulated below:-
Bachelor‘s in Engineering or Technology with specialization in Mathematics and Science with 55 % marks or any other equivalent qualification
Read more: SLCHE Courses and Fees
Admissions at St. Lawrence College of Higher Education (SLCHE), Delhi are purely based on the Common Entrance Test (CET) conducted by the Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University (GGSIPU).
Marks obtained in the Entrance Exam will be considered as the selection criteria for admission to the course. The mode of filling the application form is online in GGSIPU.
How to apply?
An interested candidate needs to follow the following steps in order to apply in SLCHE:-
- Visit the official website of GGSIPU.
- Fill the application form carefully by going through all the instructions and after checking the eligibility criteria.
- Fill in the required details accurately
- Upload the scanned copies of the documents.
- Pay the application fees
- Once the CET is conducted, the merit list/cut-offs will be released.
- On the basis of the cut-offs and the rank obtained, the seat shall be allotted to the candidate.
The students passed out from St. Lawrence College of Higher Education are placed in some of the top-rated schools across the neighbouring states and throughout the country. Some of the schools where the students from the college are placed are given below:
- St. Lawrence Convent, Geeta Colony, Delhi
- Bal Bhavan Public School, Laxmi Nagar, Delhi
- DAV Public School, AnandVihar, Delhi
- Arun Model School, Shahdara, Delhi
- St. Vivekanand School, Anand Vihar, Delhi
Read more: SLCHE Placements
The college provides student-friendly infrastructure and facilities to cater to the needs of the students as well as the faculty members.
The facilities offered by SLCHE, Delhi are as follows:-
- Library: The library of the college has a huge collection of over 6649 books. It also has around 67 journals and 112 E-journals. The library also assists the students with newspapers, magazines, encyclopedias and E-books.
- Classrooms: Well-equipped Classrooms and tutorial Rooms For teaching Subjects for imparting theoretical and practical knowledge.
- Recourse Centers – The college offers various resource centers to help the students in their courses. The various resource centres in SLCHE are:
- ACRC (Art and Craft Resource Centre)
- HPERC (Health and Physical Centre)
- ICTRC (Information Communication Technology and Resources Centre)
- PRC (Psychology Resources Centre)
- SMRC (Science and Maths Resource Centre)
- Sports Facilities: The college promotes physical well-being and fitness in students. The college focuses on sports activities, and engages the students to participate in them, and has a sports ground and sports room for the same purpose.
- Seminar Hall: The college has a well-equipped seminar/multimedia hall with LCD projectors for various educational and recreational purposes.
- Additional Facilities: First Aid Room, Girls Common Rooms, Canteen, Dining Hall, Wash Rooms, Examination Room
Read more: SLCHE Hostel
The College has an experienced and dedicated faculty to impart education to the students. There are extremely talented and committed lecturers and assistants to teach and assist students in every possible way.
- Professors: 2
- Assistant Professors: 7
- Associate Professors: 1
- Lecturers: 3
Read more: SLCHE Faculty
Ques. Does SLCHE offer only B.Ed. program?
Ans. Yes, the college offers only a two-year Bachelor of Education (B.Ed.) program as of now. However other courses related to Education are lined up for approval and affiliation and would be soon offered by the college.
Ques. How many rounds of counselling are there in GGSIPU for SLCHE admission?
Ans. Once a candidate clears IPU CET, he/she has to go for counselling. There are three rounds of counselling for seat allotment followed by sliding and a spot round admission to fill the vacant seats.
Ques. How is the faculty at SLCHE, New Delhi?
Ans. The faculty of SLCHE is one of the best faculties in GGSIPU. The faculty members are highly experienced and qualified i.e. Doctorate, M Phil, NET Qualified. The faculty members are highly experienced and have a very rich exposure to research activities.
Ques. Does SLCHE offer any seats under the Management Quota?
Ans. Yes, the college offers seats under the management quota. There are a total of 100 seats in the college. 90 seats are allotted to students on the basis of GGSIPU criteria and the rest 10 seats come under management quota.
Ques. What are the opportunities for students at SLCHE?
Ans. The Students who perform outstanding and commendable in academics and in teaching practice are given priority in the job placements in the SLCHE Group Institutions in Delhi and other Institutions under the Gagan Education Society, Delhi.