National Institute of Fashion Technology Bhubaneswar Quick Updates
July 16: Admission result for Master Programs (MFM, M.Des & MFT) is out now. Check Here
July 14: Provisional Shortlisting for Foreign National/SAARC/NRI/OCI list is out now. Check Here
July 10: NIFT online call letter has been released for master programmes. Check Here
National Institute of Fashion Technology (NIFT), Bhubaneswar is the renowned fashion and design campus established in the year 2010. NIFT has maintained a good placement record and top companies every year visit the campus and select students from different courses.The strength of the bachelor course is 2464 and for master, program strength is 644.
NIFT Bhubaneswar Highlight
|Courses||UG, PG, Continuing Education |
|Admission Criteria||Entrance test + Counseling|
|Campus Area||10 acres|
|Facilities Available||Gymnasium, Stationery shop, Hostel, Mess Cafeteria, Fully Equipped Classrooms|
NIFT Bhubaneswar Courses
NIFT offers undergraduate, postgraduate, Doctoral programs and continuing education programs. Below-given are the details of the same:
|Bachelor of Design (B. Des) –||Fashion Design, Textile Design, Accessory Design, Fashion Communication, Knitwear Design, Leather Design||10+2 or equivalent from a recognized board of education||4 Years|
|Bachelor of Fashion Technology (B.FTech.)||--||10+2 with PCM||4 Years|
|Master of Design (M. Des.)||Fashion Design, Textile Design, Accessory Design, Fashion Communication, Knitwear Design, Leather Design||Undergraduate degree from a recognized Institute or University||2 Years|
|Master of Fashion Management (MFM)||--||Undergraduate degree from a recognized Institute or University Or Undergraduate diploma (3 years duration) from NID or NIFT||2 Years|
|Master of Fashion Technology (MFTech.)||-||B.FTech from NIFT B.Tech Or B.E. from recognized University or Institute||2 Years|
Read More NIFT Bhubaneswar Courses and Fees
NIFT Bhubaneswar Admissions
The admission procedure in the institute is different for different courses. The selection criteria for each course is given below:
- For B.Des course the selection procedure is based on the written examination which comprises CAT and GAT followed by Situation test.
- For B.FTech course, the selection procedure is based on written examination which comprises GAT.
- For M. Des course, the selection procedure is based on written examination which comprises CAT and GAT followed by personal interview as well as group discussion.
- For MFM course, the selection procedure comprises a written test, GAT followed by personal interview as well as group discussion.
- For M.FTech course, the selection procedure is based on a written test comprising GAT along with personal interview as well as group discussion.
One has to follow the below-given application procedure carefully:
- Visit the official website of the institute i.e.www.nift.ac.in
- It’s important for the candidate to go through all the guidelines properly before filling the application form. One can download institute prospectus from the website of the college.
- Candidates must enter the personal information like name, DOB, contact number and so on in a proper manner.
- One can pay application fees either through payment gateway online or bank demand draft (in favour of only “NIFT HO”)
- For General/OBC category, application fee is 20,000/- and for SC/ST/PWD category, application fee is 1000
- Candidates must send the application form printout along with DD on the below-given address:
- Make sure to check everything before submitting the application form and incomplete or late form submission is not accepted in any case.
- Keep the application form and DD printout copy with you too.
Reservation of Seats
Read More NIFT Bhubaneswar Admissions
NIFT Bhubaneswar Placement
The institute has a unified procedure of placement. Organizations can hire students through main routes mainly: On-campus placements, pre-placement offers and off-campus placements.
- Majority of students got placed in fashion retail, manufacturing as well as export country hubs such as Bangalore, Mumbai, Ahmedabad, Delhi NCR, Chennai and so on.
- NIFT institute, no doubt, is the best destination for perfect designers, technology-savvy fashion experts, creative managers.
- There is a long list of top past recruiters who have visited the college. Some of them are 121 Couture, Blackberry’s, C & R textiles Pvt. Ltd, City Life Retail Pvt. Ltd and many more that you can check by visiting the website.
Read More NIFT Bhubaneswar Placements
NIFT Bhubaneswar Scholarships
Mention-below are scholarships available at NIFT Bhubaneswar:
Under this, financial support to UG students will be provided as given below:
- Category A: In this category, Students whose parental salary is up to 1.5 Lakhs will get 100% of tuition fee
- Category B: In this, students whose parental salary is above 1.5 Lakhs up to 2.5 lakhs will get 75% of tuition fee
- Category C: In this, a student whose parental salary is above 2.5 Lakhs up to 4.0 Lakhs will get 50% of tuition fee.
Under this, financial support to PG students will be provided as given below:
- Category A: In this category, Students whose parental salary is up to 1.5 Lakhs will get 75% of tuition fee
- Category B: In this category, Students whose parental salary is above 1.5 Lakhs up to 2.5 Lakhs will get 50% of tuition fee
- Category C: In this category, Students whose parental salary is above 2.5 Lakhs up to 4.0 Lakhs will get 25% of tuition fee.
- Udaan- NIFT Scholarship Scheme For Foreign Studies: Regular students who belong to weaker sections of NIFT (economically) are eligible for this scheme.
NIFT Bhubaneswar Facilities
This institute has all the major facilities that a perfect campus needs to have.
- Resource Centre: With more than 15000 books as well as a variety of material collection like fabric swatches, collections costumes, accessories, fashion garments and much more.
- Canteen: The campus has a cafeteria where students can eat fresh and healthy food at reasonable prices. The options are many and a clean and friendly surrounding make it a perfect place for all to relax.
- All cafeterias have Wi-Fi so that students can browse in their free time.
- Hostels: The hostel is Fully air-conditioned, semi-furnished, provides 24 hrs. professional security.
In addition to this, recreation facilities such as indoor as well as outdoor games, television are also there in hostels.
- Health care and other: Campus provides sickbay to all its students. Professional and experienced doctors, as well as nurses, are there to attend any medical issues of students. A psychologist is also there in order to counsel students.
- Amphitheatre and Auditoriums: The campus aims in providing the best student experience. Film nights, music shows, inter and intra collegiate events, dance recitals are conducted here.
- The auditorium provides the best experience for conducting seminars, talk shows, exhibition arrangement and so on.
- Knitwear Labs: The lab is well furnished with the latest machinery in order to familiarize students with business set-ups. In addition to this, garment technology labs, leather design labs, photography labs, technology labs are also there.
NIFT is the best institute in terms of infrastructure, placement, and faculty. The faculty staff boast years of experience and help students to reach the heights of success.
NIFT Bhubaneswar FAQs
Ques: What about placement in NIFT?
Ans: NIFT has a good placement record. Every year many companies visit the campus and select students form different courses. In the year 2017-18, 352 recruiters visit the campus for student placement.
Ques: Do they have a canteen facility?
Ans: Yes, the campus has a cafeteria that provides fresh and hygienic food to students. Also, students can use Wi-Fi in cafeteria during their free time and can relax themselves.
Ques: What is the duration of B.Des course?
Ans: This course is of 4 years and the student has the option to choose specialization as per their interest. The specializations are accessory design, fashion communication, fashion design, knitwear design, leather design, and textile design.
Ques: What facilities the campus provides?
Ans: The campus provide many facilities to students like well-furnished classrooms, labs and workshops, hostel facilities, cafeteria, resource centre, auditorium, amphitheatres, medical facilities, gymnastics etc.
Ques: What post-graduate programmes institute offers?
Ans: At NIFT, you can apply for M.Des (Master of Design), M.F.M (Master of Fashion Management) and M.FTech (Master of Fashion Technology) programmes.