NIFT 2019 Result (Declared), Cut off and Counselling
National Institute of Fashion Technology or NIFT is the pioneer institute in fashion education of India having 16 campuses spread across the country. NIFT is a statutory body that offers undergraduate and postgraduate degree programs in various disciplines of fashion and selects students annually on the basis of NIFT Entrance Exam.
Latest:- NIFT final result haas been declared on May 20, 2019.
NIFT Exam is scheduled for January 20, 2019 while the Application form for the same is available from October 22, 2018 in online mode. Interested candidates can fill the application form till December 28, 2019.
- The entrance examination comprises the written test, situation test, and GD/PI.
- The written test a paper-based offline exam while the situation test is a practical exam.
- The application fee for general category candidates is INR 1500 while that for reserved category is INR 750.
- Duration of B.Des and M.Des, GAT exam is 2 hours. On the other hand, duration of B.F.Tech, MFM & M.F.Tech, GAT exam is 3 hours. NIFT Exam Pattern
NIFT 2019 Highlights
|Conducting Body||National Institute of Fashion Technology|
|Exam Type||National Level|
|Programs offered||4 Years Bachelor in Design/Bachelor in Fashion Technology; 2 Years Master in Design/Fashion Management and Master in Fashion Technology|
|Eligibility Criteria||UG: 10+2 or equivalent from a recognized Board PG: Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent from a recognized University|
|Mode of Application||Online|
|Exam Mode||Offline, Paper-Based|
|Exam Duration||3 hours|
|Helpdesk||Phone: (011) 47673032 10.00am-1.00pm and 2.00pm-4.00pm (Monday to Friday) Email: firstname.lastname@example.org|
NIFT 2019 Important Dates
Conducting bodyb has been released the official notification of exam scheduled. Candidates can check important dates of NIFT 2019:
|NIFT 2018 Online Application begins from||October 20, 2018|
|Last Date to submit Application Form||December 28, 2018|
|Form Correction||December 29, 2018|
|Last Date of Online Registration with late fee of INR 5000||January 03, 2019|
|NIFT 2018 Admit card available from||January 10, 2019|
|NIFT 2019 Scheduled Exam Date||January 20, 2019|
|Result of Written Entrance Examination||March 2019|
|Situation Test/ Group Discussion/ Interview||April/May 2019|
|Declaration of Final Result (Online)||May/June 2019|
|Commencement of Counselling||June 2019 onwards|
Please note that Admit Cards, Results and Counselling Schedule has to be accessed/downloaded by applicants from NIFT website only.
NIFT 2019 Eligibility Criteria
The eligibility conditions for both UG and PG level programs are tabulated below:
|Bachelor of Design – B. Des. (Fashion Design/ Knitwear Design/ Textile Design/Leather Design/Accessory Design/Fashion Communication)|
Not more than 23 years as on October 1, 2018, for General candidates (Relaxation up to 5 years for SC/ST/PWD candidates)
|Academic Qualification||Successfully completed or appearing for 10+2 qualifying examination or equivalent from any recognized Board, OR, Completed/Appearing for 3 or 4-years diploma final examination recognized by AICTE or a State Board of Technical Education.|
|Bachelor of Fashion Technology (Apparel Technology)– B. F. Tech|
Not more than 23 years as on October 1, 2018, for General candidates (can be relaxed up to 5 years for SC/ST/PWD candidates)
|Academic Qualification||Successfully completed or appearing for 10+2 qualifying examination or equivalent from any recognized Board, having studied Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics as subject combination, OR, Completed/Appearing for 3 or 4-years diploma in any branch of engineering recognized by AICTE or a State Board of Technical Education.|
|Master of Design - M. Des. And Master of Fashion Management – MFM|
No age limit prescribed for PG programs
|Academic Qualification||Bachelor’s Degree in any discipline from a recognized Institute/University, OR, Undergraduate Diploma of minimum 3-years duration in any discipline from NIFT/NID|
|Master of Fashion Technology – M. F. Tech|
No age limit prescribed for PG programs
|Academic Qualification||B. F. Tech. from NIFT, OR, B. E/B. Tech. from a recognized Institute/University.|
NIFT 2019 Seat Reservation
The NIFT has a certain percentage of total seats reserved for the SC/ST, OBC-NCL and Person with Disability (PWD). Also, supernumerary seats are reserved for candidates applying under Foreign National/SAARC/NRI, and State Domicile categories. The seat reservation scheme for the reserved categories is tabulated here:
|Schedule Caste (SC)||15%|
|Scheduled Tribe (ST)||7.5%|
|Person with Disability (PWD)||5% Horizontal reservation across all categories for Person with Disability (with 40% or more disability)|
|Foreign Nationals/SAARC/NRI||15% (Supernumerary)|
|State Domicile||20% (supernumerary)|
Check HereNIFT Reservation
NIFT 2019 Application Form
The Online Application window for NIFT 2019is available from October 20, 2018 till December 2019. Applicants are required to visit the official website, i.e. www.nift.ac.in and follow the steps listed below to complete the Application process:
Step I: Register on the official website before proceeding to fill the NIFT 2019 Application Form. Upon successful registration, applicant’s login credentials will be sent via email to the registered email address. Applicants should save this email for future reference.
Step II: Log in using the credentials to access and fill the Application Form. Fill in all the mandatory fields with correct details.
Step III: Applicants need to upload scanned copies of the following documents to the Online Application Form:
- Applicant’s recent passport-size coloured photograph in JPG/JPEG format and not exceeding 100 KB in memory size.
- Applicant’s specimen signature in black on white background, in JPG/JPEG format and not exceeding 50 KB in memory size.
Step IV: After uploading the required documents, the Application Fee can be paid online via Credit/Debit Card or offline via demand draft. In case of Online fee payment, applicants do not have to send the print-out of the application form to NIFT.
In case of offline fee payment, applicants need to draw a Demand Draft of the requisite amount in favor of ‘NIFT HO’ payable at New Delhi. The details of the Demand Draft needs to be entered online to complete the application process within the submission deadline.
Applicants must send the Demand Draft along with a printout of the filled-in Application Form duly complete in all respect (via Speed Post/Registered Post/Courier Service) to:
The Project Manager CMS,
All India Management Association, Management House,
14 Institutional Area, Lodhi Road
New Delhi 110 003, India.
The demand draft should reach the address within the specified date.
NIFT 2019 Application Fee
Category-wise indicative Application Fees for NIFT 2019 are as under:
|General/OBC (Non-Creamy Layer)||SC/ST/PWD||Foreign Nationals (only online payment accepted)|
|INR 1500||INR 750||USD 100|
NIFT 2019 Admit Card
On the basis of information furnished by applicants in NIFT Application Form, Admit Cards of provisionally eligible candidates will be available to download from the official website in January 2019. Applicants are advised to check NIFT website regularly for updates.
NIFT 2019 Admit Card is a mandatory document without which applicants will not be allowed to appear for the exam. Candidates can follow the steps mentioned below to download the admit card:
Step I: Visit the official website of NIFT, www.nift.ac.in
Step II: Click on the tab ‘NIFT 2019 Admit Card’
Step III: Enter required information as demanded by the page
Step IV: Download and take print out of NIFT 2019 Admit Card.
NIFT 2019 Exam Centers
NIFT 2019 will be an offline paper-based test for all UG and PG Programs tentatively scheduled in January 2019, to be conducted in 32 Indian cities.
Applicants can select only one preferred examination city during the application process. Based on this choice, all eligible candidates will have to appear for the written test at the Examination City selected by them.
Please note that no request for any changes in examination center will be entertained by NIFT and it reserves the right to cancel any of the Examination Centres listed below.
|List Of Examination Centers|
NIFT 2019 Exam Pattern
NIFT 2019 entrance exam attempts to test the knowledge, aptitude, and skills of the candidates for the chosen program. As such, the entrance test is split into three stages, viz. Written test, Situation test, and Group Discussion/Personal Interview. The written test is further split into Creative Ability Test (CAT), and General Ability Test (GAT):
- Written Test
- Creative ability test (CAT): CAT (Creative Ability Test) aims to evaluate the candidates’ observing power in the development of a concept, as well as their intuitive, and design ability. Candidates’ illustrative skills and creativity in use of color are important aspects CAT.
- General ability test (GAT): GAT (General Ability Test) gauges the candidates’ general aptitude and quantitative, communicative and analytic skills apart from knowledge in general & current happenings.
- Situation test: This exam is designed to evaluate and test a candidate’s skills for material handling and innovative ability as per the given situation with the material provided.
- Group Discussion/ Personal Interview
|Structure of Creative Ability Test|
|B. Des. M. Des.||Medium: English Duration: 180 minutes Maximum Marks: 100|
|Structure of General Ability Test|
|B. Des & M. Des||Medium: English Duration: 120 minutes Maximum Marks: 100|
|B. Des & M. Des||Medium: English Duration: 180 minutes Maximum Marks: 100|
The final stage of NIFT 2019 will be the Personal Interview round wherein candidates will be evaluated by an Interview Panel on the basis of the candidates’ academic and co-curricular achievements, creative and lateral thinking ability, communication skills, and finally career orientation and aptness for the selected program.
NIFT 2019 Syllabus
The Scope of the different sections of the General Ability Test (GAT) are listed below; the level of difficulty of questions posed may vary from course to course.
- Quantitative Ability consists of questions on basic mathematical functions like Addition, Multiplication, Division, Fractions, Percentage, Rate of Interest, Work and Task, Ratio and Proportion, and Distance.
- Communication Ability and English Comprehension tests the language skills of candidates in terms of daily use of English as a medium of communication. It evaluates the candidates’ knowledge of synonyms, antonyms, and words and their meanings, singular/plural words, one-word substitutes, idioms and common phrases, correct spellings, reading comprehension etc.
- Analytical Ability and Logical Ability puts to test the candidates’ competence in applying logic and inferring facts from given information, as well as ability in problem identification and applying reason to arrive at a solution for the problem. Creative and lateral thinking will come in handy for candidates in this section.
- General Knowledge and Current Affairs section would review the candidates’ awareness in terms of general and current affairs.
- The Case Study section would provide a real-life industry situation to candidates aiming to gauge the candidates’ management skills.
Some questions from the engineering as well would be posed for M. F. Tech program.
Candidates may consider referring to the books listed below in preparation for NIFT 2019.
|Name of the Book||Publisher/Author|
|Popular Master Guide NIFT and IIFT||R. Gupta|
|NIFT/NID Exam Guide||Dr. R. P. Datason|
|NIFT Entrance Examination Guide||D. Mittal|
|Entrance Examinations for NIFT/NID/IIFT||Arihant Publications|
|NIFT Previous years papers (solved)||Ramesh publishing house|
NIFT 2019 Result
NIFT 2019 Result is expected to be announced by March 2019. Candidates can access their results from their individual login on the official website. The steps involved in the process are:
Step I: Visit the official website of NIFT, i.e. www.nift.ac.in.
Step II: Click on the tab ‘Result 2019’.
Step III: Enter details as demanded on-screen.
Step IV: the result would be displayed on the screen.
Step V: Download the result and obtain a printout.
NIFT 2019 Selection Process
NIFT 2019 Selection Process includes written test, situation test and interview. Candidates clearing the NIFT exam are called for the further rounds of selection. Candidates will need to appear for PI/GD round for admission to M.Des., MFM and M.F.Tech. The weightage of the exam for different courses is as follows:
|B. F. Tech||GAT||100%|
|M. F. Tech||GAT||70%|
In case of equal scores of two candidates, the older candidate (as per DOB) will be given preference.
NIFT 2019 Counselling
NIFT Counselling 2019 is expected to commence from June 2019. Candidates are required to register through the official website in order to participate in the counselling process. The candidates need to enter their choice of campus for the counselling session. A System generated letter will be issued to shortlisted candidates with all details regarding counselling schedule and documents required for verification.
Though the institute does not charge any fee for the primary round of counseling, however each subsequent round of counseling would be charged at the rate of INR 5000. Further details of counseling like the mode, dates, and procedure will be available on the website in due course.
Documents required in originals along with photocopies for NIFT 2019 Counselling process:
- All Academic Certificates up to qualifying examination. In case of final exam appearing candidate whose result is due, all original mark sheet of the previous semester/years needs to be presented along with the date sheet/admit card for examination.
- Demand Draft of requisite fee in favor of ‘NIFT HO’. Payable at New Delhi has to be submitted. The candidate’s name, counseling date, contact number, program name, NIFT Rank and Roll Number should be clearly mentioned at the back of DD.
- Proof of DOB
- Documents in prescribed format, in support of the claim of reservation.
- Parents Income Certificate as the basis for Tuition Fee funding.
- Medical certificate in prescribed format issued by a Registered Medical Practitioner.
- Affidavit on non-judicial stamp paper of Rs.10/- for seeking only provisional admission in case the qualifying examination result is due.
- Anti-Ragging Declaration and Declaration regarding Fee Refund.
*The article might have information for the previous academic years, which will be updated soon subject to the notification issued by the University/College