TDV is inviting applications for B.Des and M.Des admission through the entrance exam. The entrance exam will be held on June 20, 2021.
The Design Village (TDV) is a design college based in Delhi NCR offering UGC recognized undergraduate and postgraduate degree programs. The institute is awarded as the best institutional interior by Forbes India and Stonex India Pvt. Ltd. The Design Village is one of the few privileged members to be granted a full membership of Cumulus, the only global association to serve art and design education and research. The institute is founded through a collaboration of Indian and European designers enabling it to have a vibrant faculty network to provide an array of international exposure activities like a semester abroad, summer school and global internships. At TDV, all fields of design come together for essential interdisciplinary interactions. TDV organizes meaningful faculty and student exchanges with international institutes and organizations. TDV works closely with the industry and professionals to maintain a strong focus on the real-world relevance and application of design.
|Entrance Exam||June 20, 2021|
The Design Village Highlights
|Established | Institute Type||2014 | Private|
|Affiliated to||SVU, Amroha|
|Entrance Exam||Institute: TDV Entrance Test|
|Courses Offered||UG & PG|
|Application Mode | Fees||Online|
|Top Recruiters||Lazy Eight, Serendipity Arts, Zolijns, Knock Onwood, Design FactoryIndia, JCBL, GoHive, Shades of India|
|Facilities Available||Library, Hostel, Exhibition, Lecture Theatres, Workshop, etc|
|Admission Helpdesk||8860603147 | 7042166695|
|Address||C-29 & 75, Sector 8,
The Design Village Courses
TDV, Noida offers UG and PG courses in the discipline of Design. A brief about the same is listed below:
Course 1: Bachelor of Design (B.Des)
- Specialization: Graphic Design, Product Design, Space and Interior Design, Interaction Design, Fashion and Textile Design, Transportation and Mobility Design.
- Passed 10+2 (HSC) with a minimum of 50% aggregate marks from a recognized board.
- Obtained a valid score in TDV Design Entrance Test.
- Duration: 4 years
- Intake: 110
Course 2: Master of Design (M.Des)
- Specialization: Graphic Design, Product Design, Fashion and Textile Design, Interior Design, Space and Interior Design, IPHD.
- Eligibility: Graduate or its equivalent with a minimum of 50% aggregate marks in a relevant subject or with related work experience.
- Duration: 2 years
- Intake: 40
Check: TDV Noida Courses and Fees
The Design Village Admission
Step 1: Visit the official website of the college and go to the ‘Apply now’ tab.
Step 2: Register yourself with a valid email id and contact number.
Step 3: Fill the application form and select the preferred test center.
Step 4: After successful completion of the application form, fill in your parent's details.
Step 5: Pay the application fee and click on ‘Submit’.
- For B.Des, candidates will be selected on the basis of the TDV Design Entrance Test.
- A situation test and group discussion/ interview conducted by TDV. Students are encouraged to share their design portfolios at the time of the interview.
The Design Village Placement
The institute has a training and placement cell for students. TDV, Noida conducts various training programs such as Group Discussion, Mock Interview, Workshops, Internships, Design Projects and many more. Some of the placement highlights are as follows:
- Average Package: INR 4 LPA
- Highest Package: INR 13 LPA
- Internship Recruiters: Lazy Eight, Serendipity Arts, Zolijns, Knock Onwood, Design FactoryIndia, JCBL, etc.
- Top Recruiters: Lazy Eight, Serendipity Arts, Zolijns, Knock Onwood, Design FactoryIndia, JCBL, GoHive, Shades of India, etc.
Check: TDV Noida Placement
The Design Village Scholarship
The institute provides scholarships on the basis of merit and other categories. A brief about the same is listed below:
Up to 100% scholarships available. Candidates who perform well in the TDV Entrance Exam will be given up to 100% scholarship. There are other scholarships on offer 100-75-50-25% concession on Tuition Fees depending upon the score obtained. The institute also offers the below-mentioned scholarships:
Single Parents - The institute offers a 25% concession on Tuition Fees to single parents.
Defense - The institute offers a 25% concession on Tuition Fees to students from a defense background
Siblings- TDV offers a 25% concession on Tuition Fees for one sibling, till the time both the siblings are in TDV.
|Category||Up to 100%||Year|
|TDV Entrance Exam||100-75-50-25%||For 1st year only|
|Siblings||25% concession on Tuition Fees for one sibling||Till the time both the siblings are in TDV|
|Defense||25% concession on Tuition Fees||For 1st year only|
|Single Mothers||25% concession on Tuition Fees||For 1st year only|
|Founder's Scholarship (Need-Based)|
- Only one concession can be availed at a time.
- The Founder's scholarship is a Need-based scholarship for deserving candidates who have done extremely well in academics and need financial aid.
- All such students need to submit an application representing their case to the Scholarship Committee.
- The decision of the committee will be deemed Final.
- All scholarships are on Tuition Fees only.
- No scholarships would be granted on the International semester.
The Design Village Facilities
TDV, Noida provides various state of the art facilities to the students. Some of the facilities provided by the institute are as follows:
- Lecture Theatres
- Common Areas
- Faculty Area
The Design Village Faculty
TDV has an inspiring International Board of professors and professionals. The core team anchors the overall ambition of the project through academics, outreach, international and industry relations. The institute has 11 faculty members and 22 visiting faculty members.
Check: TDV Noida Faculty
The Design Village FAQs
Ques. Does the college provide Education Loan?
Ans. Yes, The Design Village, Noida has partnered with Credence to help students avail of education loans easily from a number of banks and NBFCs. The education loans for the students of The Design Village are offered based on the credit history of the co-applicant and academic performance of the applicant.
Ques. Does the TDV, Noida accepts transfer admission?
Ans. Yes, TDV, Noida accepts transfer admission in some special cases. TDV accepts student transfers from other institutes on the basis of an interview, portfolio review, recommendation letters and previous mark sheets. University rules are applicable for degree purposes.
Ques. How do I prepare my portfolio to apply for Design School?
Ans. A portfolio is a reflective document and should speak of who you are, rather than who you are expected to be. It should convey why you want to be a designer. Diversity is good but in trying to be comprehensive, you might miss expressing the essence of your work. Journeys are also an important-the process by which you reached where you set out to, not just the end-deliverables. People do not have the time to read a lot of text, so keep it minimal. However, an essay of reflections could auger well to communicate your vision, ideology/ purpose in life. At TDV the design village, they look at the underlying attributes of courage, perseverance, compassion and awareness in a student and their work.