Rabindra Bharati University was established in 1962 with its Directorate of Distance Education being established in the year 2002 to provide higher education to those who cannot commit to the normal university patterns. RBU has been accredited and reaccredited with a Grade A by NAAC. Under the guidance of a university with nearly 50 years of history, the RBU DDE has been providing excellent education to its students for nearly 2 decades.
Rabindra Bharati University offers MA in 10 disciplines and Master of Social Work courses which can be completed in a minimum duration of 2 years to a maximum of 4 years. Admissions to these courses are merit based.
Rabindra Bharati University DDE, Kolkata Highlights
|Established | Institute Type||1962 | State|
|Recognized by||Distance Education Bureau UGC|
|Courses Offered||PG courses|
|Admission Criteria||Merit based|
|Facilities available||Individual study modules, Learning Centers|
|Official Website||RBU DDE Kolkata|
Rabindra Bharati University DDE, Kolkata Courses
RBU DDE offers MA in both arts and fine arts, with 8 specializations in arts and 2 in fine arts respectively. It also offers a master's degree in social work. Below mentioned are the course details.
|MA(Arts)||Bengali||Bachelor's degree in a relevant field.||2 Years (Min) - 4 Years (Max)||Merit based|
|MA(Fine Arts)||Vocal Music|
Read More: RBU DDE Courses & Fees
Rabindra Bharati University DDE, Kolkata Admissions
- To be eligible for the MA Bengali, English, Sanskrit & Political Science courses, candidates need to qualify 10+2+3 in a relevant subject, with a minimum of 300 marks at the graduate level from an institute recognized by the UGC.
- For the MA Education course, candidates must have qualified 10+2 and graduated B.Ed with a minimum of 300 marks from an institute recognized by the UGC.
- Candidates in addition to 10+2 in relevant fields must have an honors degree in Geography at the graduate level to be eligible for the MA Geography course.
- To be eligible for the MA Environmental Studies/Vocal Music/Rabindra Sangeet/ MSW courses, candidates must have qualified any general or professional graduate degree from an institute recognized by the UGC.
How to Apply?
Below mentioned are the steps to be followed to apply for RBU DDE Kolkata.
- Visit the official website of RBU DDE Kolkata for admission process.
- On the website, candidates must fill the online application form for admission.
- After this, they have to pay the application fee through the online gateway. The fees include INR 100 as registration fee and application processing fee of INR 200. Payment of fees can be made only through payment gateway using Debit/Credit Cards or Net Banking.
- Applicants will then be notified of the date of document verification through the official website.
- Candidates must carry the original copy of the following documents and submit them along the application form:
- Hardcopy of the application form.
- Admit Cards for examinations (10+2, Graduation, etc)
- Marksheets (10+2, Graduation, etc).
- Migration certificate
- Fee payment receipt
- Eligible candidates will then be selected on a first come first served basis.
Read More: RBU DDE Admissions
Rabindra Bharati University DDE Results
RBU DDE releases its results on its official website only. Apart from results, candidates can get information about examinations, datesheets etc. Below mentioned are the steps to be followed to check the university results.
How to check RBU DDE Results?
- Visit the official university website.
- Locate the ‘Notice’ tab and click on it. A new window will appear.
- Click on the link provided for the result you are looking for.
- A new page will be opened and you can check the result or any other information you are looking for by following the same procedure.
Rabindra Bharati University DDE, Kolkata Facilities
RBU DDE provides many facilities to its students to help them in their education and facilitate growth in their field of knowledge. They have 50+ Learner Support Centers (LSU)/ Study centers where the students will participate in the Personal Contact Program (PCP), where they will get to interact with resource personnel who will provide advice and counseling in their subjects. PCP for practical subjects will be organized at the main campus of RBU or at University approved laboratories.
Each student is provided Self Learning Material (SLM), which is a self-contained unit/ module prepared course wise for every topic in the program syllabus.
Read More: RBU DDE Facilities
Rabindra Bharati University DDE, Kolkata Faculty
RBU DDE provides its students faculty with years of experience and training in their following subjects, who work to impart the best knowledge they can to strengthen their student's education and training as professionals. Some of these stellar teachers include
- Dr.Sipra Ganguly Chakraborty(MA, M.Phil, Ph.D): Professor
- Dr. Priya Banerjee(M.Sc Ph.D): Professor
- Dr. Samita Mukherjee(MA Ph.D): Professor
Read More: RBU DDE Faculty
Rabindra Bharati University DDE, Kolkata FAQs
Ques. How are admissions done at RBU DDE?
Ans. Admission at RBU DDE is strictly based on a first-come, first-serve basis, i.e. eligible candidates will be granted admission as long as there are seats available with those applying earlier getting priority.
Ques. What are the Student Response Sheets (SPS) at Rabindra Bharati University DDE, Kolkata?
Ans. Each SLM module contains questions to be answered by the students based on the study material in the module, these are treated as Internal Assignments and evaluated as such.
Ques. What are the pass conditions for the RBU DDE courses?
Ans. Students must get a minimum of at least 40% Internal assessment and semester-end/ annual examination combined in order to qualify a course.
Ques. Is there any refund on the fee at Rabindra Bharati University DDE, Kolkata?
Ans. After admission, if found ineligible, the candidate's admission will be canceled and their fee will be refunded after deducing service charges.
Ques. Do all candidates have to provide a migration certificate at RBU DDE?
Ans. Yes, except applicants who have completed their bachelor's degrees from Rabindra Bharati University, all other applicants have to provide a migration certificate for verification.
Ques. Can all courses be studied at the LSC (Learning support center) at RBU DDE?
Ans. No, MA Geography, Vocal Music, Rabindra Sangeet, and Master of Social Work only have their PCP (Personal Contact Program) at the main Rabindra Bharati University Campus, all other courses can be studied at any of the 56 LSC.