Sarojini Naidu College for Women (SNCW) is situated in the northern suburb parts of Kolkata. It is considered one of the first institutions for women’s education in this part which was established on 14th August 1956. Now the college is officially under the affiliation of West Bengal State University (WBSU). SNCW Kolkata is a Government-sponsored college, approved by the University Grants Commission (UGC). The college also provides postgraduate courses. Admission to the course is done on the basis of merit scored in the previous qualifying examinations.
Sarojini Naidu College Kolkata Highlights
|Established | Institute Type||1956 | Government|
|Facilities Available||Hostel, Library, Computer Centre, Language Laboratory, Canteen, Playground|
Sarojini Naidu College Kolkata Courses
Sarojini Naidu College for Women Kolkata offers Arts, Science, Commerce, and postgraduate courses for women in various specializations. Course details, specializations, and eligibility of some of them are tabulated below:
|B.A. Honours||English, Education, Psychology, Bengali, Aviation and Hospitality, Computer Application, Sociology, History||Eligibility: 12th standard or equivalent
Duration: 3 years
|B.Sc. Honors||Food and Nutrition, Anthropology, Economics, Geography, Aviation, and Hospitality, Mathematics|
|Post Graduate Courses||Bengali, English, Psychology||Eligibility: BA in respective courses
Duration: 2 years
Sarojini Naidu College Kolkata Admission
Admission to Sarojini Naidu College for Women Kolkata is carried out through an online portal. Students must fill the online form and must wait for the reply. Once the students are informed, they must come to the college for the admission process. The admission process is purely a merit-based process.
How to Apply?
Below is mentioned as a step by step process to apply for admission.
- Visit the official website and must register their name through a new registration option.
- Fill their details in the application form once after they are logged in to the website.
- Submit the application form and are advised to take the print copy of the application form and pay the application fees in the last step.
- Receive notification if the allocation of a seat is confirmed.
Sarojini Naidu College Kolkata Placement
Sarojini Naidu College for Women Kolkata conducts placement drives, campus interviews, and job fairs every year. Popular companies like Amazon, Infosys, TCS, Reliance Jio, Apollo Munich Insurance participate in the placement drives at the campus and hire eligible candidates.
Tabulated below are the placement statistics for the college from the previous 2 years:
|Academic year||Level||Students placed||Average salary|
Know more Sarojini Naidu College Kolkata Placement
Sarojini Naidu College Kolkata Scholarship
Sarojini Naidu College for Women Kolkata college provides various scholarships to the students. Kanyashree scholarship is provided if the date of birth of the girl student comes under specified dates. Apart from the Kanyashree scholarship, the college facilitates the scholarships provided by the Government of West Bengal. The scholarships vary from merit-based to those for economically weaker section scholarships. There are scholarships based on reservation category, for SC, ST, and OBC students.
Sarojini Naidu College Kolkata Facilities
Following are the facilities offered by Sarojini Naidu College for Women Kolkata to cater to the needs of the students as well as faculty members:
- Hostel: Even though it is a women’s college, hostel facility is made available for the girls within the college premises itself, for those who are coming from faraway places. 24x7 security is provided to the hostel. First aid kit also available to aid in the emergency situation.
- Library: A wide range of books are present in the library. About 40,000 books are available in the library. E-library facility is also made available in the library which grants online access to 12 to 15 different journals. Separate reading rooms are available both for the faculty members and students.
- Computer Centre: The entire college is connected via the Internet facility. A computer center is present on the college campus where students are allowed to surf the internet and is helpful for them to know about daily activities. The library can be accessed from anywhere within the campus through the help of the interconnected computers.
- Language Laboratory: A language laboratory is present in the English Department and is very much useful for those who admit to the English vocational course. Students can enrich their communication skills through this language laboratory.
- Canteen: Canteen is present both for the faculty members and students. Food prices are affordable. It is capable enough to seat 40 to 50 members at a time.
- Playground: Three playgrounds are present in the college to support various games like Basketball, Kho Kho, Kabaddi, Badminton, Karate, Taekwondo, Handball, Cricket, Athletics, and parades.
Click here Sarojini Naidu College Kolkata Hostel
Sarojini Naidu College Kolkata Faculty
Sarojini Naidu College for Women Kolkata comprises of highly educated as well as experienced faculty members. SNCW Kolkata consists of a total of 94 faculty members.
- Ph.D. holders: 44 of the faculty members
- Associate Professor: 29
- Assistant Professor: 23
Sarojini Naidu College Kolkata FAQs
Ques. What all subjects are covered in the BBA course?
Ques. Do any scholarships are provided by the college?
Ques. Is any kind of entrance exam required to be written in order to get placed in SNCW Kolkata?
Ques. Does alumni association is present in the college?
Ques. How is the salary picture in college placements?