NES Ratnam College of Arts, Science & Commerce, commonly known as Ratnam College, located at Bhandup, Mumbai was established in the year 1983. It is affiliated to the University of Mumbai and has been graded A by NAAC for three consecutive years. It offers undergraduate, postgraduate & doctoral programs in the field of science, arts & commerce. Add-on and Skill development courses are also available. The college has highly qualified faculty and modern infrastructural facilities.
Ratnam College Highlights
|Established | Institute type||1983 | Private|
|Affiliated to||University of Mumbai|
|Courses Offered||UG, PG & Ph.D.|
|Application Mode||Online & Offline|
|Facilities||ICT classrooms, Library, Auditorium, Laboratories, Sports,|
Ratnam College Courses
The college offers undergraduate, postgraduate and doctoral programs under different specializations. The courses with details are tabulated below:
Read more Ratnam College Courses & Fees
Ratnam College Admission
Candidates for undergraduate courses like BA, B.Com, and B.Sc. are selected based on 10+2 aggregate marks whereas Candidates for post-graduate courses like M.Sc., M.Com are selected based on merit scored in graduation.
Admission to the Ph.D. program is done based on marks scored in MPhil/SET/NET/PET followed by counseling.
- Visit the official website of the college
- Fill in the online admission form carefully
- Attach the mark statement of the last qualifying exam
- Submit the same form at the office of the college
- Candidates also need to fill in the online registration form as mentioned by University of Mumbai
Read more Ratnam College Admission
Ratnam College Facilities
- Library- The library contains books and periodicals relevant to the courses of study, competitive examinations, reference books, journals, and also books of general interest. It remains open from 7:30 am to 6:30 pm on working days.
- Auditorium:-An auditorium is available in the college with a seating capacity of 700. Also, an audio-visual room is there.
- Laboratories- Science laboratories with all facilities including fire extinguishers, eyewash area, and proper ventilation are available for the convenience of students
- Other Facilities- ICT enabled classrooms, games, gymnasium, and water purifiers
Ratnam College FAQs
Ques: Does the college offer scholarships?
Ans: Yes, the college offers fee concessions according to state guidelines to reserved categories of students.
Ques: What is the working schedule of the college?
Ans: For the First Session (Arts, Commerce, BMS & BAF Students), lectures commence at 7.10 am. The Second Session (Science Students) starts at 11.10 am. For B. Com (B&I) students, the lectures commence at 12.00 noon / 12.50 pm. Notices regarding the time table are put up from time to time.
Ques: What are the certificate courses available at Ratnam College?
Ans: The Certificate Courses offered include Conversational English, Tourism & Travel Management, Instrumental Analytical Techniques, Nutrition and Dietetics, Stock Market Operations, and Retail Management.
Ques: What is the difference between aided and unaided courses?
Ans: The aided courses are run on grants given by the University of Mumbai and hence, their fee is less in comparison to the unaided courses.
Ques: Does the college provide accommodation facilities?
Ans: No, the college does not provide hotel facilities to its students.