Indian Diamond Institute was established in 1978. It is most desired institute in the field of diamonds and gemology. IDI is a society registered under Societies Registration Act, 1860 and also under the Bombay Pubic Trust Act, 1950.
It is ISO 9001:2008 certified for Design Development and provision of Training, Consultancy & Certification Services Related to Diamonds, Colored Stones & Jewellery. w.e.f. March 01, 2010 vide Certificate No. 44254 issued by M/s. ABS Quality Evaluations, Inc.
Admissions are based on Entrance test conducted by institute
Membership & Alliances:
- Indian Society for Training & Development
- The Southern Gujarat Chamber of Commerce & Industry
- Indian Institute of Foreign Trade
- Indo-American Chamber Of Commerce, Ahemdabad
- Confederation of Indian Industry
Hostel: College has separate hostel for boys and girls.
- Merit-Cum- poverty scholarship
- Stipend of Rs. 400/ month for students undertaking regular programme of more than 1 year duration
- Stipends of Rs.250/ month for students undertaking regular programme of less than one year duration