St. Francis de Sales College, manned by the Missionaries of St. Francis de Sales of South West India Province, is a private institute offering UG and PG courses in the streams of Arts, Science, Commerce, Fine Arts, Management, and Computer Applications. The popular courses provided by the college are BA, BBA, B.Sc, B.Com, MA, M.Sc, and MBA. SFS College admissions for all the courses except the MBA program, are based on merits obtained by the students in the previous qualifying exams. The MBA program admissions are based on management entrance exams conducted by various authorized bodies. Students may apply online for the admission process.
SFS College Highlights
|Established | Type||2004 | Private|
|Accreditation||Grade A by the National Assessment and Accreditation Council (NAAC)|
|Courses Offered||Undergraduate and Postgraduate|
|Admission criteria||Merit and Entrance-based|
|Accepted exam scores||GMAT/ CMAT/ CAT/ MAT/ KMAT|
|Location||SFS College, Electronics City Post, Bangalore, Karnataka|
SFS College Courses
|Bachelor of Arts (BA)||10+2||3 years|
|Bachelor of Commerce (B.Com)||10 +2||3 years|
|Bachelor of Science (B.Sc)||10+2||3 years|
|Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA)||10+2||3 years|
|Bachelor of Computer Applications (BCA)||10+2||3 years|
|Master of Commerce (M.Com)||Graduation 50%||2 years|
|Master of Science (M.Sc)||Graduation 40%||2 years|
|Master of Arts (M.A)||Graduation 55%||2 years|
|Master of Business Administration (MBA)||Graduation 50% + GMAT/ CMAT/ CAT/ MAT/ KMAT||2 years|
|Diploma in Psychological Counselling||B.A or B.Ed.||1 year|
|Diploma in Human Resource Management||Graduation 40%||1 year|
Read More: St Francis de Sales College Fees
SFS College Admission
Admissions at SFS College are majorly based on merits obtained by the student in the previous qualifying exam. The UG and PG admissions require 50% aggregate marks in the 10+2 and Graduation respectively.
How to apply?
- Candidates are required to apply for admission through the online module available on the official website.
- Upload all the mandatory documents.
- The forms submitted on the module are scrutinized by the management of the college.
- Candidates who surpass the required marks are short-listed for admission.
SFS College Facilities
- Hostel: The college has hostel facilities for the students who have come from different cities and faraway places. The hostel rooms provide basic necessities for the convenience of the students. The students have the choice to either opt for individual or sharing rooms. The mess is also good in the hostel. They do maintain the hygiene and health of the students.
- Library: The college has library facilities as well. There are plenty of books and journals that can be referred by the students whenever they would wish. They even allow the students to issue such books so that they can conveniently study and make notes
- Sports and Gymnasium: The college promotes the overall development of the students. They have a sports club and a gymnasium for the students. The students who wish to enroll themselves in these clubs are free to do so. Students have open access to the gymnasium to maintain their health and stay fit.
SFS College Faculty
St Francis De Sales College has high-qualified faculty members who are specialized in their respective fields. The majority of the faculty members hold a Ph.D. degree in the relevant field, also, they are a postgraduate from well-known colleges/universities. The faculty working at the college consists of:
- Professors: 65
- Assistant Professors: 48
- Associate Professors: 30
Read More: St Francis De Sales College Faculty
SFS College FAQ
Ques. Does the college provide internships?
Ans. Yes, they do provide internships. The college has a placement cell in its campus which takes care of the on-campus placements. They are even responsible for the internships. The average stipend that the intern gets is 4,800 – 6,200 per month.
Ques. Do they have a cultural committee?
Ans. Yes, the college does have a cultural committee that takes care of various events happening in the college. The students volunteer for the events and even participate in them.
Ques. Are there any scholarships for the students pursuing various courses at the college?
Ans. Yes, they do provide scholarships. But for that, they need to get a very good score in DSAT examination that the college takes for providing scholarships
Ques. How are the placements of the college?
Ans. St. Francis de Sales College is the most renowned and reputed college in Bangalore. The students who pass out from this college are having various job opportunities in their hands. Almost every student get placed during the on-campus placements. Since the college is renowned, top-recruiters come for the on-campus placements of students like TVS, Infosys, Myntra, TCS, Capgemini, Titan, Mahindra, Wipro, etc. the average placement package of the students range from INR 4 LPA – INR 8 LPA.
Ques. Is the personal interview mandatory?
Ans. Yes, the personal interview is mandatory in order to qualify for the admission