Raghu College of Pharmacy (RCP) was founded in 2007 at Dakamarri Village, Bheemili Mandal, Visakhapatnam District (A.P.). It is affiliated with Andhra University.
It offers students undergraduate and postgraduate courses in Pharmacy. Admission into these courses is based on the candidate's merit and entrance test results.
Some of the facilities available at the college for students and faculty members alike are a digital library, laboratories, hostel accommodation, ATM, etc.
Raghu College of Pharmacy - [RCP], Visakhapatnam Highlights 2021
|Established | Type||2007 | Public-Private|
|Approved by||AICTE, PCI|
|Courses offered||B. Pharm and M. Pharm|
|Entrance Exam||PHARMACET | GPAT | APPGCET|
|Admission Criteria||Merit and Entrance Test|
|Campus Area||50 acres|
|Facilities Available||Library, Cafeteria, Hostel, ATM, Sports and Games, Laboratories|
RCP Visakhapatnam Courses Offered
It offers the following courses in Pharmacy:
|B. Pharm||Duration: 4 Years
Eligibility: Passed intermediate education from 'Board of Intermediate Education' Government of Andhra Pradesh or equivalent Qualified PHARMACET exams
|M. Pharm||Duration: 2 Years
Eligibility: Passed B.Pharm from a recognized University by PCI, with an aggregate of 50% Indian Students: admission based on ranks in all India National Admission Test (GPAT) or APPGCET
Specializations: Pharmaceutical Technology, Pharmaceutical Analysis
Read More: RCP Visakhapatnam Courses & Fee
RCP Visakhapatnam Admissions
Admission into the courses in RCP is based on each candidate's merit and their performance in the qualifying entrance exams. The basic eligibility criteria for admission into all the courses require candidates to have appeared and passed the entrance exams.
How to Apply?
- Candidates have to appear for the PHARMACET, GPAT, and other similar examinations.
- The results of the entrance exam along with their 10+2 mark sheets need to be submitted to the college during the admission process.
- Admission will be based on the candidate's ranking and performance in the exams.
- For foreign nationals, admission is based on their marks at qualifying examinations.
Read More: RCP Visakhapatnam Cutoff
RCP Visakhapatnam Facilities
- Library: RCP's digital library is home to over 6,000 books and subscriptions to several national and international journals.
- Computer labs: Equipped with 50 computers, Wi-Fi, and broadband connections.
- Central Instrumentation Laboratory: Setup for UG and PG students with equipment like double beam UV visible spectroscopy, Colorimeter, turbidimeter, Nephrometer, Potentiometer, Tablet Dissolution test apparatus, etc.
- Hostel: Available for both boys and girls with air-conditioned rooms, gym, Wi-Fi available all day, and RO purified drinking water plant.
- Transport: Bus facilities are available from different points in Visakhapatnam, Vizianagaram, and Srikakulam.
- Cafeteria: Centrally air-conditioned with different cuisines available for students, along with a mini-shop providing snacks and soft beverages for the students.
- ATM: Through Federal Bank, fully functional for use by students and staff.
- Sports and Games: Campus has one cricket stadium and football and hockey field, two indoor stadiums, 10 Table Tennis, 20 Chess & 10 Carrom Boards, 4 Shuttle Badminton, 3 Basketball, 6 Volleyball, 3 Throw Ball, 3 Tennikoit, 2 Ball Badminton, 2 Kho-kho, 2 Kabaddi, and 2 HandBall Courts.
RCP Visakhapatnam Faculty
RCP’s faculty comprises of:
- Professors: 02
- Associate Professors: 03
- Assistant Professors: 16
Read More: RCP Visakhapatnam Faculty
RCP Visakhapatnam FAQs
Ques. What is lateral entry?
Ques. Am I eligible for B. Pharm if I do not have Physics in my 10+2?
Ques. How long is the M. Pharm course in RCP?
Ques. What is the minimum attendance percentage for any of the courses for the students?
Ques. What is the fee structure for UG and PG courses at RCP?