Padmabhooshan Vasantdada Patil Institute of Technology (PVPIT) was established in the academic year 2006-07, by ‘Shetkari Shikshan Mandal’. The college provides UG and PG courses in Engineering across various specializations, the admission to which are provided on the basis of the marks scored by the candidate in MHT-CET examination. The college has moreover a dedicated placement cell which offers 100% placement assistance to its students. The college has witnessed some of the industry giants recruiting from the campus which includes companies like Infosys, Capgemini, Tata Motors, Byju’s and many more.
Read More: PVPIT Pune Reviews
|Established | Type||2006 | Private|
|Approved by||All India Council for Technical Education|
|Affiliated to||Savitribai Phule Pune University|
|Courses offered||UG (B.E.) and PG (M.E.)|
|Admission criteria||Merit and Entrance-based|
|Accepted test scores||JEE Main and MHT-CET|
|Intake||UG: 600 PG: 120|
|Top recruiters||Infosys, Byju’s, TCS, Jaro Education|
|Facilities available||Hostel, Library, Sports, Canteen|
Read More: PVPIT Pune Cut off
The college offers UG and PG courses in Engineering. The admission to which are based on Entrance exam and merit. The following table shows the details of all the courses:
|B.E.||Specializations: Computer Science, Mechanical, Electronics & Telecommunication, and Civil
Duration: 4 years
Eligibility: 50% aggregate marks in 10+2 in science stream. Or Should hold a diploma degree in engineering
Admission Criteria: Entrance Based
|M.E.||Specializations: Computer Science, Mechanical, Electronics & Telecommunication, and Civil
Duration: 2 years
Eligibility: Should have passed a B.E. or B.Tech degree with a decent mark.
Admission Criteria: Merit Based
B.E Admission Criteria
- Admission to its B.E. courses are based on the marks or rank secured by the candidate in MHT-CET exam or JEE mains exam.
- To be eligible for the admissions a candidate must have to score a minimum of 50% in his 10+2 board examination in Science stream.
- Or the candidate should have a diploma degree in engineering to be eligible for the admissions.
M.E Admission Criteria
- The admission to its PG courses is completely based on merit.
- The candidate aspiring for an admission into the college should have to pass B.E or B.Tech with a decent marks from a recognized board.
How to apply?
- Visit the official website
- Click on ‘Admission’, followed by admission enquiry.
- Fill up the important things like name, CET/ JEE rank, Aggregate marks, interested specialization etc.
- Click ‘Submit’.
- CET/JEE Mains Marks sheet
- 12th Marksheet
- 10th Marksheet
- UG marksheet (For aspiring PG candidates)
- Birth Certificate
- Caste certificate (For reserved candidates)
- Non-Creamy layer certificate (For applicable candidates)
- Two passport size colour photos
The institute has a dedicated Training & Placement cell who regularly train the students to be job ready. The placement cell frequently organizes workshops to keep the students engaged in the placement process. Some of the facilities provided by the placement cell are:
- Providing Aptitude training.
- Organizing mock interviews and group discussion sessions.
- Providing internship opportunities.
- Organizing assessment tests such as AMCAT, Cocubes etc.
- Providing soft skills and personality development training.
- Counselling on competitive exams like GATE, CAT etc.
Over the years the college has seen a growth in its placement process. Some of the prominent recruiters coming to the campus are:
The college witnessed a decent placement for the year 2019. 240 students registered for the placement process out of which 172 students got placed in various companies. The highest package recorded was INR 12.02 LPA offered by Jaro Education.
The following table shows the department wise placement statistics:
|Department||Average Package||Highest Package|
|Mechanical||INR 2.28 LPA||INR 3 LPA|
|Civil||INR 4.04 LPA||INR 12.02 LPA|
|Computer Science||INR 3.05 LPA||INR 3.8 LPA|
|Electronic & Telecommunication||INR 2.51 LPA||INR 4.5 LPA|
Read More: PVPIT Placement
There are many governments and Non-Govt. Scholarships offered on the basis of various criteria. Students can avail those scholarships. Students can check it out in their respective websites Some of the Government and Non-Government scholarships are mentioned below:
|S. No.||Scholarship Name||Type|
|1||Government of India Post- Matric Scholarship Post-Matric Tuition Fee and Examination Fee||Government|
|2||Rajarshi Chhatrapati Shahu Maharaj Shikshan Shulk Shishyavrutti Yojna Dr. Punjabrao Deshmukh Vastigruh Nirvah Bhatta Yojna||Government|
|3||Merit Cum Means Scholarship State Government Scholarship||Government|
|4||Post –Matric Government of India Scholarship Tuition Exam Fee (Freeship)||Government|
|5||"Indian Oil Scholarship Bharat Sanchar Nigam Scholarship "||Non-Government|
|6||PMC Concession for Poor People||Non-Government|
The college provides state-of-the-art facilities to its students. Some of the facilities include:
- Hostel: The college has separate hostels for girls and boys with a capacity of 210 each. The hostels are equipped with abundant facilities like 24 hours Wi-Fi facility, Mess and Dining hall, Entertainment lounge, Medical and health care facility etc.
- Library: The college has a well-equipped library with latest technologies such as NPTEL, Digital library etc. The library has many learning resources which keeps the students and staff updated.
- Sports: The college has a 1 acre of large outdoor playground for football, cricket, volleyball, kho-kho etc.
- Canteen: The college has a canteen/cafeteria to meet the demands of the students and staff. The canteen provides a large range of meals and dining options for the students. The canteen has a basic coffee shop, juice bar, food vending machines and retail outlets. RO facility is available for water purification in the whole campus.
The college is having some of the well qualified faculties who cater the needs of the students the best. The college has a total of 149 permanent faculties, and 36 temporary faculties. There are in total:
- 18 Professors
- 27 Associate Professors and
- 103 Assistant Professors.
Read More: PVPIT Faculty
Ques. How to reach PVPIT?
Ques. Does the institute provide extra-curricular activities and fests?
Ques. Does the college provide lateral entry for the students?
Ques. What roles have PVPIT graduates been offered?
Ques. What is the PVPIT cut off for admission?
|Courses||Cut off (General)|
|BE Computer Engineering||12398-12398|
|BE Electronics & Telecom Engineering||56368-56368|