Heritage Institute of Management and Communication is among the well-reputed media institutes of its kind offering several programs at undergraduate, postgraduate, and certificate levels. Admission to the courses is granted on the basis of the candidate’s score in the AIMCAT exam. HIMCOM has a very advanced infrastructure and best in class facilities.
With its state-of-the-art shooting floor, studio and ultramodern computer laboratory, digital cameras, printing machine, and other equipment required in a media set-up, HIMCOM boasts of providing the best possible education and training in journalism and mass communication.
|Popular Courses||BJMC+DMLP, MJMC+DMLP|
Tabulated below are the undergraduate and postgraduate courses offered to students by the institute and their respective eligibility criteria:
|UG||BJMC+DMLP||10+2 from a recognized board|
|PG||MJMC+DMLP||Graduation in any stream|
The institute also offers the following short term certificate programs:
- CVE Certificate program in Video Editing: 6 Months
- CVCL Certificate program in Videography (Camera & Lighting): 6 Months
- CRJ Certificate Program in Radio Jockeying: 3 Months
- CVP Certificate Program in Video Production: 6 Months
Note: HIMCOM conducts AIMCAT as the entrance exam to all its Mass Communication and Journalism courses. The forms are available for the current academic year on the official website.
Click here: HIMCOM Courses
The institute has a dedicated placement cell that conducts pre-placement talks and training. The institute has associated with industry sectors to provide the best platforms to the students. The institute has also in-house experts to train students for the work environment
Every year several big names in the media industry visit the campus of HIMCOM to recruit students. These companies are spread across different sectors of the industry. Some of the sectors and respective recruiting companies are as follows:
- Radio: Radio City 91.1 FM, Big 92.7 FM, Red FM 93.5,
- Production Houses: Mukta Arts, Red Chillies Entertainment, Percept Picture Company, Yash Raj Films,
- Magazine: Magazines Outlook (India), The Week, India Today (English), India Today (Hindi), Frontline, Tehelka, Hard News
- Newspapers: Language Mid-day, Mint, Mumbai Mirror, Delhi Times, Tehelka, The Economic Times, The Hindu, The Hindustan Times, The Indian Express, The Telegraph, The Times of India, The Tribune.
- Music & Lifestyle: MTV, Zoom, B4U, E24, Channel [V], 9X Music, Music Express, Itunes, PTC Punjabi, Fashion TV, NDTV Good Times, Travel & Living Channel(TLC), UTV Stars.
- Sports: ESPN, NEO Cricket, NEO Sports, STAR Cricket, STAR Sports, TEN Sports
- Infotainment: Infotainment: Discovery Channel, National Geographic Channel, Animal Planet, History
- Kids: Pogo, Hungama, Cartoon Network, Nickelodeon.
Click here: HIMCOM Placement
Heritage Institute of Management and Communication has a highly qualified and accomplished faculty. There are core faculty members as well as visiting faculty members. The entire faculty of HIMCOM is extremely experienced and well versed in their subject matter due to years of expertise.
All members of the faculty are very cooperative towards students and always encourage them to ask questions and clarify their concepts as much as they can, by being available to students even outside lectures and classes. The faculty consists of a dedicated team of professors, associate professors, and assistant professors
Click here: HIMCOM Faculty
Heritage Institute of Management and Communication offers a number of facilities to enhance and aid the learning experience and campus life of students. Some of the facilities that are offered to students by the institute are as mentioned below:
- Library: HIMCOM campus features a fully airconditioned state of the art Library with books ranging from Media, Journalism to Radio and Entrepreneurship. We have a collection of hundreds of books and journals on different aspects of mass communication and allied subjects such as economics, political science, international relations, and current affairs.
- Studios and Equipment: The institute houses high-end FCP Apple video edit machines for a network-based digital non-linear video editing system. There are also high-end digital graphic support systems for TV and print media. Digital still cameras, microphones, digital recorders and other accessories are available. There is also an in-house studio with the latest technology to ensure practical exposure to the students is never a distant dream.
- Others: Air-conditioned classrooms, and lounge, Roof-top cafeteria.
Ques. What companies visit the HIMCOM campus for recruitment?
Ans. Many companies from sectors such as radio, production, sports, infotainment, newspapers, etc recruit students from HIMCOM. Some of these companies include Radio City 91.1 FM, Yash Raj Films, The Week, India Today, MTV, Zoom, B4U, E24, Channel [V], ESPN, NEO Cricket, NEO Sports, Discovery Channel, National Geographic Channel, Pogo, Hungama, Cartoon Network and many more.
Ques. What is the entrance exam accepted at HIMCOM?
Ans. Admission is granted on the basis of the score obtained in the AIMCAT exam conducted by HIMCOM. HIMCOM conducts AIMCAT as the entrance exam to all its Mass Communication and Journalism courses
Ques. How to apply for admission at HIMCOM?
Ans. Candidates seeking admission to HIMCOM can apply online on the institute’s official website.