The Directorate of Distance Education (DDE) of North Bengal University is recognized and accredited by Distance Education Bureau, University Grants Commission, New Delhi. Distance Education offers seven courses at the postgraduate. The university promotes quality education to all who are not able to pursue higher conventional method of education due to some reasons. It is situated in Siliguri, West Bengal.
DDE envisions to play positive role in development of state through education, research and training. They give emphasis on skill based vocational courses to create job opportunities and introduce those courses which are needed and to ensure that higher education is reachable to all especially disadvantaged groups.
They are launched with a view to fulfill the student's needs for:
- Diversification of knowledge, etc.
Siliguri. West Bengal
University Grants Commission (UGC)
Distance Education Board (DEB)
University of North Bengal, Siliguri
DDE offers only Postgraduate programs such as MA and M.Sc. in various specializations.
For Master in Arts
MA is present in:
- Political Science
Eligibility: Candidate must have completed BA in relevant subject.
For M.Sc in Mathematics
Eligibility: Candidate must have completed BA/B.Sc. in relevant subject.
Scholarships are available for PG students belonging to Reserved Categories viz. Minorities & others admitted to Directorate of Distance Education are eligible and acceptable for the Backward Classes Welfare (West Bengal) as per government rules.
Students belonging to AAY & BPL category may avail 50% concession of course fee on production of verified documents.
DDE provides its students with facilities like:
- It provides study material in Self-learning mode.
- Assignments are given to students to study
- Personal Contact Program is introduced by DDE to make the learning easy.
- Response sheets are given to students for practice.
- Video and Audio- cassette Lessons on selected topics, Dissertations/ Projects in selected courses and Counseling of students on a one to one basis, organizing Regional and National Seminars and Special Lecture Series. To cater to the masses, for most courses, the printed study material is provided in English, Hindi and Punjabi.
- Well -equipped Library, postal library facilities, an Educational Media Centre, Laboratories, a Computer Lab and subsidized hostel facility for outstation students
- The DDE also involves the students in co-curricular activities and brings them together on a common platform despite their diverse locations.
- Since computers are becoming an integral part of the education process, the DDE has established a small Computer Lab with 10 Computers to facilitate lesson production.