State Institute of Hotel Management (SIHM), Siddhpur has been promoted by Tourism Corporation of Gujarat Ltd, Govt. of Gujarat. It is located in Siddhpur, Gujarat. The institute is affiliated to GTU (Gujarat Technological University), Ahmedabad and approved by AICTE. SIHM is a government funded institute. The Institute is currently offering demand-driven courses in core hospitality operations. Admissions at SIHM, Siddhpur to these courses are conducted every year.
State Institute of Hotel Management (SIHM) aims to be among the top 10 World Class institutes in the Hospitality, Travel and Tourism Industry by a commitment to excellence in teaching, research, and industry collaboration. It has a team of professionals with a strong background in academia and the corporate sector. The team stands together to bring a shift in the paradigm of Hospitality management education. The Institute envisages in bringing in a new generation of managers who are excellent leaders and entrepreneurs. The Institute’s 5-acre campus is located in Siddhpur, Patan, which is a historical place located on the bank of Saraswati River. The city is famous for its remarkable cultural development and social life.
State Institute of Hotel Management (SIHM), Siddhpur MoUs
- MoU signed between École Hôtelière de Lausanne (EHL), Switzerland and State Institute of Hotel Management (SIHM).
- MoU signing between Seychelles Tourism Academy (STA) and State Institute of Hotel Management (SIHM)
- MoU signing between Jack Welch College of Business [JWCOB], Sacred Heart University, USA. and State Institute of Hotel Management (SIHM)
Government Funded Institute
SIHM Awards and Accolades
- Best Institute in Hotel Management: SIHM got the Eminence award for the best Institute in Hotel Management in Gujarat by the Divya Bhaskar group.
- Top institutes in Gujarat: SIHM is also listed among the top 50 Education Institutes in Gujarat.
- Leadership Award 2018: SIHM received the Gujarat Brand Leadership Award 2018 for State Government Institute.
- Best Institute by GoG: Best Hotel Management Institute by Government of Gujarat.
SIHM Courses & Admission
BHMCT (Bachelor of Hotel Management and Catering Technology) It is a four-year intensive program.
|Eligibility||45% aggregate marks in their Class 10+2 exams|
|Mode of Admission||Online/ Offline Application submission at Institute and Application Submission through ACPC (Admission Committee for Professional Courses.|
The course offers bright future prospects like:
- Hotel Industry
- Shipping & Cruise Line
- Event Management
- Airlines & Railways
- Tourism Industry
- Food & Beverages Service/ Restaurant Management
- Facility Management
Click here: SIHM Courses and Fee Structure
SC/ST students can avail free ship card in which 100% of the fee is reimbursed.
OBC students can avail free ship card in which some part of the fee is reimbursed.
Click here: SIHM Scholarship
SIHM has organized various industrial visits and were exposed to resort operations and different departmental functions. The students also receive various expert session talks and on the job training which helps in grooming them according to the demands of the industry. The institute has hospitality Industrial Linkages with prominent chain of hotels such as Vivanta by Taj, Hilton Garden Inn, Fortune, Grand Hyatt Goa, Hyatt Regency, Le Meridien, Courtyard Marriott, Hotel Ravine, Taj Hotels Resorts and Palaces, Crowne Plaza (Ahmedabad City Centre), Narayani Heights Hotel and Club, etc.
Click here: SIHM, Siddhpur Placements
State Institute of Hotel Management (SIHM) has acquired a strong team of professional academicians with experience in academics & corporate sector. These professional academicians are dedicated to bringing an educational delivering pattern as per recent trends in Hospitality, Travel and Tourism Sector.
The faculty members at SIHM are diverse and highly qualified, having been part of the industry for a very long time. They have obtained considerable experience and expertise in their respective disciplines.
Click here: SIHM Faculty
State Institute of Hotel Management (SIHM) is spread across 4.7 acres with a lush green campus, developed with all well-equipped modern hospitality laboratories & student support facilities.
Library Facilities- The library has a rich collection of books, magazines, and journals from both Indian and foreign authors. The students can find numerous books relating to the subjects of Food Production, Food and Beverage Management, Housekeeping and Travel Management, etc.
Computer Lab- The state-of-the-art computer lab provides the students with integrated network connectivity and the latest technology. The lab also has the provision for High-speed lease line connectivity with which the students are able to access relevant data and information.
Classrooms- To facilitate participative and effective learning, the classrooms have been designed in a unique way. They have LCD screens, overhead projectors public address system and arrangements for power supply. Also, they are spacious and well-ventilated.
Residential Facility- The campus hostel is spread on an area of 2 acres. The hostel rooms are separate for boys and girls. The hostel is well-equipped with Wifi, medical facilities, and a lounge to carry out group activities. The rooms are well-furnished and on a three-seat sharing basis.
Gym and Sports Facilities- For the physical well-being of the students, the club gives an opportunity to them to participate in various sports such as Badminton, Cricket, Volleyball, Kho-Kho, Chess, Carom, Table-Tennis, etc.
- Accommodation Facility- The institute has both girls and Boy’s hostel with all the basic needs of the students spread over 2 acres of land. The hostels are well furnished and designed keeping in mind the basic needs of the students with three sharing rooms availing all possible facilities like Wi-Fi, medical facilities and lounge to have group activities to conduct well-being and discipline activities.
Click here: SIHM, Siddhpur Hostel
SIHM Key Parameters for Campus Life
|Debate Clubs||Solar Roof Top Project (200 KVA)|
|Basic & Advance Kitchen Training|
|Chef’s club||Quality Food Kitchen|
|Mock Up room|
|Hospitality Simulation Lab|
|Food & Beverage Club||Laundry Laboratory and Linen Room|
|Restaurant Set Up Laboratory|
|Manager’s Club||Restaurant room with Bar Set Up Front Office Laboratory with Latest Software technology|
|Heritage Club||Research Cell working with Psyllium Producer association for adding value to their products using our expertise and resources of Bakery & Food Production Labs|
SIHM Extra-Curricular Activities
The institute is always inclined to bring something new and innovative to its students through various diversified initiatives which would help in the overall development and skill enhancement of the students towards their career with activities such as:
- Study and Educational Tours
- Customized Training Sessions mapping the Literacy and Language Proficiency
- Developed Industry-Academic Partnership
- Sanitary Vending Machine for menstrual health of female students
- Eco-Friendly Waste Management System
- Leisure Tours
- Cultural programs
- Indoor & Outdoor Sports
- Personality Development Sessions
- Competitions such as Conclaves and Events
- Industrial Visit
- Outdoor Catering Services
- Practical competitions
Why Join State Institute of Hotel Management (SIHM)?
- Diverse Infrastructure
- Proficient Faculty Lectures
- Teaching Pedagogy
- Well-Equipped Research Labs
- Career Guidance & Counseling
- Well-Furnished Hostel Facilities
- Cultural Activities
- SIHM clubs and in-house activities
- Industrial Visits
- International Collaboration
- Training & Placement Cell
- Mentorship and Assistance
- Conclaves and Competitions