Government Engineering College, Huvinhadgali was established in the year 2007, is one of the distinguished institutions traveled by Government of Karnataka in-country Located in taluka place Huvinahadagali Bellary Dist. The college is affiliated with Visvesvaraya Technological University (VTU), Belgaum, and approved by AICTE, New Delhi.
The Government Engineering College is one such college established with four branches of engineering, namely, Mechanical engineering, Civil engineering, Electronics & Communication Engineering, and computing & Engineering and offers Bachelor’s degree in the same.
The admission to the institution is through a common entrance exam conducted by the Karnataka Examination Authority, Government of Karnataka.
Government Engineering College - [GEC], Bellary Highlights 2021
|Established | Institute Type||2007 | Government|
|Affiliated to||Visvesvaraya Technological University|
|Entrance Exam||KCET and COMEDK UGET|
|Courses Offered||Undergraduate Course|
|Admission Criteria||Merit-Based and Entrance Test|
|Top Recruiters||Accenture, Informatica, Infogain, Jaro Education, Optimus, Nucleus Software, TechMahindra, Global Logic, Mobiloitte, Genpact, JBM,|
|Campus Area||25 acres|
|Facilities Available||Library, Hostel, Sports, Laboratory, Computer Lab, Canteen, Conference Hall, Laboratory|
GEC Bellary Courses Offered
Government Engineering College, Bellary offers undergraduate courses in engineering streams as of now. There are 60 seats available in each course and the details are tabulated below:
|B.Tech||Duration: 4 years
Eligibility: 10 + 2 with a minimum of 45% marks.
Specializations: Mechanical Engineering, Civil Engineering, Electronics & Communication Engineering, Computer Science & Application
Read More: GEC Bellary Courses & Fee
GEC Bellary Admissions
Admission to the undergraduate courses is entirely online and is based on the 10+2 exam and entrance exam KCET and COMEDK UGET.
How to Apply?
- The eligible candidates can apply on the official site.
- Candidates have to register themselves with the required documents such as an HS mark sheet, passport size photo, etc.
- After fill-up, Candidates have to pay the registration fees through an online mode of payment.
- After finishing the registration form candidates have to take the printed application form for further reference.
- After Counseling/inquiry handling of individuals by maintaining the criteria and students will take admission in their respective fields.
- Manual document verification will be done at the allotted college.
Documents Required at the time of Counseling
- Registration Slip.
- Admit Card of KCET and COMEDK UGET
- 10th & 12th Marksheets and certificates.
- Character Certificate
- 4 Passport Size Photographs
- Medical Certificate
- Provisional Allotment Letter
- Preference Sheet (Choice Filled)
- Verification Form
- Payment Confirmation Slip
- Caste Certificate (If Applicable)
Read More: GEC Bellary Cutoff
GEC Bellary Placement
In recent years, about 65% of the students got placed in our course. The highest package of Rs. 52,000 per month and the lowest package of Rs. 9,000 per month and the average package of Rs. 30,000 per month are offered.
Government Engineering College, Bellary has a career counseling cell and the college takes initiatives to provide industrial training and placement assistance to its students.
Some of the initiatives are as follows:
- Organizing lectures by senior professionals of the corporate world.
- Conduction Industry Training Workshops and Field Training.
- Career Guidance and Entrepreneurship Awareness Programs.
- Providing Apprenticeship opportunities
The Government Engineering College holds various companies such as Accenture, Informatica, Infogain, Jaro Education, Optimus, Nucleus Software, Global Logic, Webkul, Mobiloitte, Genpact, JBM, Smart Chip, and TechMahindra are the top recruiters.
Read More: GEC Bellary Placement
GEC Bellary Scholarship
This is a well-known government institute and is approved by AICTE and hence one will not find it difficult to apply for loans from the majority of banks. If eligible one can also apply for scholarships under NSP or under Karnataka Government schemes.
Scholarships are provided to students with merit-based and candidates with reservations. The government offers a scholarship to students based on specific criteria. Some of these are as follows:
- Post-Matric Scholarship for PwD
- Merit-Cum-Means Scholarship for Minorities, Karnataka
- National Overseas Scholarship for Minority Community Students, Karnataka
- Scheme of Overseas Scholarships for SC/ST Students, Karnataka
Read More: GEC Bellary Scholarships
GEC Bellary Facilities
- Hostel: The GEC provides separated hostel facilities for boys and girls. The college hostel provides a good environment to give students a comfortable stay and study. Hostels provide nutritious and hygienic food to the students. The college admires the feeling of every parent and provides a secure environment in the hostel.
- Library: The Government Engineering College provides a library with 150 reading hall capacity. The library has 18000+ books and 24 national journals.
- Laboratory: The Government Engineering College provides 50 laboratory facilities including workshops with good pieces of equipment.
- Computer Lab: The college provides a Computer Lab for students with high-speed internet network connectivity.
- Canteen: The college provides to students and also faculties a Canteen for hygienic food at a reasonable price.
- Sports: The college has a specific playground for different sports events. And college also organizes annual sports such as 100 meters, high-jumps, etc. And Indoor games facilities are also available such as carrom, chess, ludo, etc. to students in the Common Room.
Read More: GEC Bellary News & Articles
GEC Bellary Faculty
In college, faculties are well educated and qualified, they teach very efficiently and are well qualified, they are very approachable and can be asked for academic help at any point in the time. Faculties are friendly in nature and they help students before exam preparation.
- The college has a total of 47 faculties.
- Total Assistant professors are 24
Read More: GEC Bellary Faculty
GEC Bellary FAQs
Ques. What are the contact details of The Government Engineering College?
Ans. HUVINAHADAGALI, Dist.- BELLARY, KARNATAKA, Pin- 583219
Contact Number- 8399 - 240525
Ques. Does the college provide postgraduate Courses?
Ques. What documents are required for post-allotment verification?
Ques: Is there an age limit on the entrance exam?
Ques. What are the placement opportunities?