The Government Polytechnic College, Warangal is one of the top polytechnic colleges in Telangana and the most preferred college by students. The college is situated in Warangal City and was founded in 1955 by the government of Andhra Pradesh. The college has been affiliated to the State Board of Technical Education and Training (SBTET).
The college offers diplomas in the field of Engineering and Technology. All diploma courses have a maximum duration of three years. Various Engineering branches are computer engineering, Civil Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Electronic and Communication Engineering, Electrical and Electronic Engineering.
The admission in the diploma course is based on the aggregate marks secured in the qualifying examination asked for the admission process i.e. POLYCET.
Government Polytechnic College Highlights
Following are the highlights of Government Polytechnic College:
|Set by||Government of Andhra Pradesh|
|Affiliated||Affiliated State Board of Technical Education and Training ( SBTET)|
|Courses Offered||5 courses|
|Admission criteria||TS POLYCET|
|Campus area||29.16 acres|
|Facilities available||Hostel, library, laboratories , Internet , canteen and sports and medical facilities.|
Government Polytechnic College Courses
Currently the college is offering 5 diploma courses. All diploma courses have a maximum duration of three years. The following table mentions all the diploma courses along with other key features which are require available for admission.
|Diploma||Duration: 3 years.
Specialization: Diploma in computer engineering, Civil Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Electronic and Communication Engineering , Electrical and Electronic Engineering.
Eligibility: Candidates who has completed High School can take admission in the college by doing well in TS POLYCET.
Read More: Government Polytechnic College Courses
Government Polytechnic College Admissions
- At Government Polytechnic College the mode of application is online through TS POLYCET is a common entrance test conducted by State Board of Technical Education and Training Telangana, the commencement date for online application form is 2/03/2020 and the last date is 30/07/2020 and the exam was be conducted on Wednesday 2/09/2020.
How to Apply?
- Visit the official website of POLYCET.
- Fill High school hall ticket number , DOB and year of passing.
- Now fill other details carefully without any mistake.
- Enter the area code to which you are local to Telangana.
- Enter your reservation category.
- Enter special category, if any ( CAP/ NCC/ SP / PH)
- Fill minority details as mentioned in school.
- If willing you can appear exam in Urdu language also.
- Signature the declaration with to your physical fitness to appear the Polytechnic Course.
- Pay the application fees INR 400 and for INR 250 for SC / ST.
- Original 10th Mark sheet and Certificate
- Passport Size Photographs
- Scanned Signature
- DOB Certificate
- Caste Certificate
- ID Proof (Aadhar Card, Voter ID Card, Equivalent Document)
Read More: Government Polytechnic College Admissions
Government Polytechnic College Scholarship
Candidate of required age, if they score excel in POLYCET examination will be awarded by a merit certificate, momentous and scholarship of INR 10,000 per annum for the entire duration of the course and the students selected for Prathibha Award shall be given scholarship if there parents annual income from all the source including the agricultural source also doesn’t exceed from INR 1 lakhs per annum and they should also be non – taxpayers.
Read More: Government Polytechnic College Scholarships
Government Polytechnic College Facilities
Some of the facilities offered by College to cater the needs of students as well as faculty members of the college:
- Library – It is a house of knowledge that straight away provide staff and students an huge variety of resources where teaching and learning flourished . The library hall has 100 seating capacity with high speed Wi-Fi , multimedia personal computers and the working hours is 8:30 to 10:30 A.M and from 1:00 to 5:00P.M.
- Hostel – College provide in – campus hostel facility well hygienic hostel separate accommodation for boys.
- Well Equipped Laboratories – College has well – structured laboratories for students to learn and perform different experiments.
- Seminar Hall & Auditorium – College is facilitates with a seminar hall & auditorium for different programs, events, practice and performance . The college encourage students to participate in each and every activity.
- Sports Facilities – College also provide indoors and outdoors sports facilities like table tennis, chess, football, cricket and badminton etc.
Government Polytechnic College Faculty
Government Polytechnic College faculty members are dedicated thinking deeply for students and committed with creative teaching giving ample of time for learning and making the topic clear. The college consist of faculty members who have gained excellence in teaching, research and innovation . The department had highly skilled faculty in all important area of Engineering The diploma program itself dedicated to offer students a set of skills , knowledge and experience to make them prosper skilled leaders . The department is pleased to have qualified faculty members in the respective disciplines.
Read More: Government Polytechnic College Faculty
Government Polytechnic College FAQs
Ques. What is the fees for diploma courses in Government Polytechnic college?
Ans. The fee for diploma course is INR 19000 for semester in Government Polytechnic College.
Ques. What is the location of the Government Polytechnic College Warangal?
Ans. The in Government Polytechnic college is located at Khammam Road near MGM Circle Warangal.
Ques. Candidate living outside the state Telangana can apply for admission in Government Polytechnic college?
Ans. No, only candidates who are citizen of India and living in the State of Telangana can apply for admissions rest are not eligible in Government Polytechnic college.
Ques. Is there any age restriction to appear for admissions or entrance examination in Government Polytechnic college?
Ans. No, there is no age restriction candidate of any age can apply for admission or entrance exam in Government Polytechnic college.
Ques. To whom Government Polytechnic college will offer scholarship?
Ans. As per government rule scholarship will be offered to students to specified age group and those who meet the conditions or guidelines.