Government polytechnic college was established in 1985 in the Bathinda region of Punjab. The college is approved by AICTE and is spread over 22 acres of land area.
There are a total of 9 diploma courses in the institute and admission in the various streams of engineering/ technology.
Admissions to the courses made through counseling conducted by the Punjab State Board of Technical Education and Industrial Training, Chandigarh.
Government Polytechnic College, Bathinda Highlights 2021
|Established | Type||1985 | Government|
|Affiliated to||Government of Punjab|
|Admission criteria||Merit in the entrance test Marks obtained in 10th|
|Mode of education||Full-time Part-time|
|Seats||Different for each diploma ( range 30 to 60 seats)|
Check GPC Reviews
GPC Bathinda Course Details
Government polytechnic college offer the following courses:
|Polytechnic Diploma||Duration: 3 years
Eligibility: 10th class with Science and Maths. Aggregate in the subjects should not be less than 50%.
Specializations: Production and Industrial Engg., Architectural Assistantship, Electronics and Communication Engg, Computer Engg, Information Technology, Mechanical Engg, Electrical Engg, Civil Engg, Applied Science
|D-Pharmacy||Duration- 3 years
Eligibility- Intermediate examination in Science Or First-year of 3-year degree course in science And 12th pass with science Or Any other qualification that is approved by the pharmacy council of India and is equivalent to the above examination
Along with these full-time courses, a few part-time courses i.e. Civil EnggMechanical Engg, Electrical Engg, Textile technology, Production and Industrial Engg are also available.
GPC Bathinda Admissions
The candidates are selected based on the merit in the entrance exam conducted by the Punjab State Board of Technical Education and Industrial Training
How to Apply?
The students can only apply through the online mode.
- Visit the official site
- Register by filling in the details
- Set a password and confirm it.
- After filling correct details the candidate is provided with a Registration number. The candidate should note it down for future reference.
- Login into the account on this site. https://eakadamik.in/psbte/
- Last step to make the online payment which can be done through debit card/ credit card/ net banking
The candidate also has to upload a few documents, which are as follows
- Self-attested passport size photograph
- Scanned signature of the candidate
- Education qualification certificates
- Birth certificate
- Work experience certificate
- Category certificate, if any
NOTE- The above documents should be in.jpg, .jpeg or .png format and the size should not exceed 20kb. The candidates should upload the documents very carefully as the uploaded documents cannot be corrected again.
GPC Bathinda Placements
The college provides placement assistants to its students.
Following are the major recruiters of the college:
- United Spirits Limited, Bangalore
- Kores (India) Ltd, Mumbai
- Godrej and Boyce Mfg. Co. Ltd., Mumbai
- HMEL( Guru Gobind Singh Refinery), Bathinda
- Tata Motors Limited, Pant Nagar
- JTEKT Sona Automotive India Ltd.
- Rico Auto Industries Ltd.
- Mahindra Satyam Group
- Tata Cummins Ltd.
- L & T
- HCL Infosystems Ltd
GPC Bathinda Faculty
The HOD of various departments is as follows:
|Department||Head of the Department||Qualification|
|Ms. Anuja Gopal||Architectural Assistantship||B.Architecture|
|Mr. R.K. Chopra||Computer Science Engg||B.Tech, M.Tech.|
|Ms. Parminder Kaur||Information Technology||A.M.I.E.(Architecture)|
|Mr. Som Nath Sharma||Mechanical Engg||B.E., M.E.(Mechanical)|
|Ms. Vibha Sharma||Pharmacy||M.pharmacy|
|Ms. Narinder Kaur||Applied science||M.Sc., M.Phil (Phy)|
|Mr. Jasvinder Singh||Production and Industrial Engg||B.E.(Mechanical), A.N.S.I.( Super Engg), MBA|
|Mr. Manjit Singh Bhullar||Electronics and Communication Engg||B.E.(ECE), MBA|
The college has about 88 teaching staff members who are well qualified and experienced. The college even has separate staff for handling workshops.
GPC Bathinda Facilities
- Library- College has an open access system for the students. The books mainly consist of Textbooks, General subject related books, encyclopedia, newsletters, technical articles, product catalog.
- Hostel- College has a separate hostel facility for boys and girls. The accommodation is available for 174 boys and 90 girls. The students can apply for the availing hostel at the time of admission.
- Sports- College promotes various indoor and outdoor activities.
- Laboratories- There are various labs in the college for every branch with high level and experienced faculty.
GPC Bathinda FAQs
Ques- What are the hostel fees for one year?
|Room rent||600 INR PA|
|Mess fund||600 INR PA|
|Electricity and Water supply charges||600 INR PA|
Ques- Does the college have well- equipped laboratories?
Ans- Yes, the college has many laboratories.
- Physics Lab1
- Physics Lab2
- Chemistry Lab
- English & Communication Lab
- Pharmaceutical Chemistry Lab
- Pharmaceutics Lab
- Pharmacognosy & Physiology Lab
- Biochemistry & Hospital Pharmacy Lab
Ques-What are the subjects covered in Pharmacy and what are its job prospects?
Ques- What is the requirement for appearing in the examination?
Ans- The conditions are as follows:
- The candidate should be certified by the principal to have a satisfactory conduct.
- The student should have attendance of 75% and above in all lectures and practicals.
- The student should not be barred by the Examination Committee in the examination of the State Board.