MET Institute of Mass Media is considered to be one of the top institutes for Mass media and Communication in Mumbai. It has been recognized as the Best Education Brand 2019 by the Economic Times. The institute offers a combination of theory and project work which help in sharpening the intuitive skills of the students. It provides industry-specific education which helps students in securing jobs in the corporate world.
MET Institute of Mass Media Highlights
|Affiliations & Accreditations||AICTE, NBA, University of Mumbai, ACCA, CDAC Acts|
|Type of Programs||Undergraduate, Postgraduate and Diploma|
MET Institute of Mass Media Awards
- Recipient of the prestigious World Education Awards 2019 for ‘Outstanding Institute for Mass Media Management of the Year’
- Ranked 5th Best B-School in Mumbai and 28th Best Pvt. B-School All India by the Times B School Survey 2019.
- MET Mass Media Management is the only top-ranking Specialized Program amongst emerging B-Schools by Times of India.
- Ranked 4th Best in Advertising & PR categories and 9th Best Post-Graduate Media School all India by the Edutainment Awards 2017
- MET is recognized as India’s Best 25 Institutions for Higher Education 2017 by The Knowledge Review magazine.
MET Institute of Mass Media Courses and Admission
Course 1: Diploma in Film Making (DFM)
- Eligibility- The candidate needs to have passed 12th standard from a recognized board.
- Total Fees – INR 1,50,000
Interested candidates can apply in both online and offline mode by paying an application fee of INR 1000. The payment can be made through Demand Draft or Netbanking. Fill and submit the application form with duly attested documents. The Institute will shortlist the candidates on the basis of first come first serve basis.
Course 2: Advanced Diploma in Mass Media (ADMM)
- Eligibility – Bachelor’s degree from a recognized university with minimum 50% in aggregate
- Total Fees – INR 3,02,080
- Specializations – Advertising, Entertainment, Digital Marketing, Journalism and Public Relations
Due to a limited number of seats, the Institute conducts an aptitude test for admission in the course. The entrance procedure will encompass the following:
- MET CET
- Group Discussion (Conventional / New Age)
- Personal Interview
MET Institute of Mass Media Placements
The placement cell at MET Institute of Mass Media believes in training students for the industry right from day one. The interactive sessions and evaluations prepare them for the challenging opportunities that lie ahead of them. They help in the overall grooming of the student. The batch of 2018 showed a successful placement record. Some of the top recruiters included Zoom, BBC Worldwide, Zee TV, White Rivers Media, FBM, Eros, Rajshri, Perfect Relations, Network18, Madison world, Reliance, McCANN, Spice, Star, MTV, etc.
Click here: MET Institute of Mass Media Placements
About MET League of Colleges
MET League of Colleges is a set of premier institutions that were established by the MET Educational Trust. They were set up in the year 1989. The institutes offer courses across various disciplines. These courses are approved by ISO and are university accredited. MET Institute of Mass Media is a constituent institute of MET League. It has been established in the year 2005 and located in Mumbai.
MET Institute of Mass Media Faculty
The faculty compromises of experienced and qualified professionals with years of experience in respective fields. The Institute also has associations with prominent TV/ Film producers, writers, editors, and media professionals who share their real-life experience with the students. Given below are the details for the same:
Dr. Mangesh Karandikar
- Designation: Director
Mr. Anand Limbaye
- Designation: Manager
- Expertise: Marketing
Ms. Sangeeta Chacko
- Designation: Head-Corporate
- Awards: ABCI Award, Bharat Excellence Award, Rashtriya Mahila Gold Award, Star Performer Award, etc.
Prof. Amit Shanbaug
- Designation: National Features Editor
- Expertise: Journalism and Public Relations
Prof. Abbas Khambatti
- Designation: Assistant Professor
- Expertise: Digital Marketing, Mobile Marketing, App Marketing
Check here: MET IIM Faculty