Doon Institute of Medical Sciences - [DIMS] Recent Admission Alerts and Updates
Nestled in the lush Doon Valley, with an easy drive to foothills of the Himalayas, the Doon Institute of Medical Sciences (DIMS) is renowned for its Research prowess and commitment to Teaching Doon Institute of Medical Sciences (DIMS), Dehradun was established with the aim to contribute to society through the pursuit of education, learning, and research at the highest National levels of excellence. DIMS is a leading institute in the field of medical, healthcare, Agriculture Sciences, Food technology, Management Studies, Hospitality, and Computer Science to create professionals who are ethically sound.
DIMS aims at curbing unemployment in Uttarakhand as well as in India, by providing quality education and developing the skill set of the youth for employment in the distinct fields of the society. The institute wants to be a part of the socio-economic growth of the state through their endeavors. With the help of highly qualified and very experienced faculty, their courses would be at par and above the best offered in the country.
The institute is dedicated to providing world-class education. With a good Infrastructure to accommodate students and all the modern amenities, the institute seeks to develop the personalities of the future ethical professionals. The college would also provide on-campus hostel facilities for the students. As part of DIMS commitment to excellence in higher education, DIMS maintain well-qualified faculty and accommodate world class Doctors to facilitate the educational & professional rounds to create a better future.
DIMS Affiliations & Linkages
The DIMS have an affiliation to HNB Medical Education University (Uttarakhand State Govt. University, approved by UGC, MHRD Govt. of India), Uttarakhand Ayurveda University, Shri Dev Suman Uttarakhand University (SDSUU) (Uttarakhand State Govt. University, MHRD Govt. of India, ICAR recognized) and approved by INC, State Nursing & Midwifery Council, Uttarakhand Paramedical Council, Uttarakhand Medical Education Council, Uttarakhand Ayurveda Council &CCIM. DIMS is a self-aided Institution under the ages of Shrimati Poorna Devi Memorial Trust, Dehradun.
Doon Institute of Medical Sciences (DIMS), Dehradun Courses
For the following courses, the candidate should have passed 12th standard in the science stream from a recognized board.
- Department of Nursing – B.Sc. Nursing, GNM.,
- Bachelor in Physiotherapy (BPT), Bachelor in Medical Lab Technician (BMLT), B.Sc.
- Radiology & Imaging Technology (BMRIT), B.Sc. in Medical Microbiology,
- Department of Ayurveda – BAMS, Diploma in Panchakarma,
- Department of Agriculture Sciences – B.Sc. Agriculture, B.Sc. Forestry, B.Sc. Horticulture.
- Department of Food Technology – B.Sc. Food Technology
- Department of Management Studies – BBA
- Department of Hospitality – Bachelor in Hotel Management (BHM)
- Department of Computer Applications – BCA
For more information on DIMS Dehradun Courses and Fee Structure, click here.
DIMS Dehradun Placements
The students at DIMS Dehradun have been successfully placed in various organizations. The previous batch saw an excellent placement record. The highest placement package record was 3.5 lakhs per annum. Top recruiters included Max Hospital, Doon Hospital, Patanjali, DIMS Hospital, etc.
for more information on DIMS Dehradun Placements, click here.
DIMS Deharadun Scholarships
DIMS Dehradun believes in awarding its deserving and meritorious students. Numerous scholarships are offered for this purpose-
- Scholarship on the basis of Merit up to 100% (DIMS merit scholarship)
- Central sector scheme of scholarships for college and university students
- Merit-cum-means scholarship for professional and technical courses CS
- Post Matric Scholarship schemes minorities CS
- Post Matric Scholarship schemes for SC students- Uttarakhand
- Post Matric Scholarship schemes for ST students- Uttarakhand
- Post Matric Scholarship schemes for OBC students- Uttarakhand
DIMS Dehradun Facilities
- Laboratories- The college provides various labs such as Microbiology, Nutrition, Physiology Lab, Nurse Practice Lab, Community Health Lab, Food Processing Lab, etc. Audio Visual Room that helps students to train with Audio-Visual aids.
- In-Campus Hostel Accommodation- The college provides the students with a well-furnished, airy spacious rooms, 24 Hr WiFi facility, CCTV surveillance. Feel like home Hostel accommodation.
- Library- The library has a rich collection of books, articles, and national and international journals.
- Auditorium- The auditorium is suitable for hosting workshops, examinations, seminars, functions, etc.
- Multispecialty Hospital – 150 bedded hospital, 24x7 Emergency Facility, Health Camps organized twice in a month (free OPD, free Medicine), MD/MS/MBBS Doctors available, cashless treatment, Ayushman Bharat Yojana scheme, Labour card yojana, Maternity ward, Panchakarma.
- Sports – Indoor and Outdoor games, Marathon, Yoga, Sports Week
- Security – CCTV Surveillance Campus, Campus security officers promote lawful behavior and protect the welfare of students, faculty, and staff as a uniformed presence on campus. A campus security officer performs foot and vehicle patrols of a college or university campus to monitor behavior, secure buildings, and property, investigate disturbances, maintain order during events and enforce regulations.
- Cafeteria- Emphasis on Cleanliness and Hygiene, the quality of food items is regularly monitored, the cafeterias serve good quality nutritious food with a healthy touch.
- Scholarship- DIMS provide up to 100 percent Scholarship
- Placement – 100% placement assistance.
- Posting- Community Posting, Mental Hospital posting, Clinical posting
- Apprenticeship – Doon Hospital, Max Hospital, Patanjali, Synergy Hospital, Kailash Hospital, Kalindi Hospital and many more.
- Medical Facility – in campus medical facility, 50% off for hostellers, 40% for faculty
- members and day scholars.
- Faculty - well-qualified faculty and accommodate world class Doctors to facilitate the
- Educational & professional grounds to create a better future.